Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear plugs

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Got a noisy dog next door preventing me from sleeping, thinking about getting ear plugs, any good ones to get and do they work. Any similar stories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I find Quies Mousse earplugs very good, they mould themselves to your inner ear and work a treat......especially for noisy dogs!;) Can buy them in most pharmacies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I also recommend Quies! But I use the 'cire naturelle' (pure wax) ones, haven't tried 'mousse'? I find they're the best for keeping out noise (had tried a few other types before settling on these). They might be a little uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to molding them into the right shape for your ear so that they don't pop out they're fine.

I find they've always blocked out noise from outside or other parts of the house. The only issue I've had is if there's someone snoring very heavily right next to me, but it would even muffle that to a certain extent.

If you're going to use them long-term though, I'd advise using an ear wash and/or drops occasionally just to avoid waxy build-up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Sorry, just looked up the Quies mousse and they're a foam type. I had tried other foam ones before settling on wax. Personally I just found that the foam didn't block out enough sound (I'm a very fussy sleeper!). You might be better trying foam first though to see if that blocks out enough sound for you as the wax is arguably less comfortable and would probably contribute more to waxy build up in the long-term.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I snore and so my girlfriend always sleeps with earplugs in. She uses these ones and sleeps soundly every night. We always buy them on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gillian0_o

I find the foam ones quite good, but my ears always hurt if I wear them for a few nights in a row

• Advertisement
Advertisement