Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Hooker in bottles

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Sergeant wrote: »
    The Supervalu on Aston Quay used to have a great selection of beers. Seems to have cut back on the selection, and they don't appear to carry any Irish beers apart from the almost ubiquitous (not that I'm complaining) O'Hara's range.

I was in last week and it didn't have any Irish craft at all. They're doing the place up at the minute though so space limitations might be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

irish_goat wrote: »
    I was in last week and it didn't have any Irish craft at all. They're doing the place up at the minute though so space limitations might be the problem.
    That's what I was thinking. I have noticed a greatly reduced craft beer selection in there but only since the renovations started. So hopefully it's only temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's what I was thinking. I have noticed a greatly reduced craft beer selection in there but only since the renovations started. So hopefully it's only temporary.
    Or maybe you're all drinking them too fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappichino

When I saw the thread title "Galway Hooker in bottles" I thought it was a small model in a bottle .Like the traditional ship in a bottle .I would have bought one too for the American relations .Maybe a business opportunity there for someone !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well a Galway Hooker is a type of boat, so close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    Looks to be getting back to normal: O'Hara's IPA and Leann Folláin, and Porterhouse Hop Head, plus a good range of English, some Belgians and a handful of Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

BeerNut wrote: »
    Looks to be getting back to normal: O'Hara's IPA and Leann Folláin, and Porterhouse Hop Head, plus a good range of English, some Belgians and a handful of Americans.
    Excellent, I don't think I've even seen Leann Folláin in there before, and I love that drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Old Sage Brush

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but picked up a few bottles from the off license beside tesco express on Camden St. Great offo actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

Hooker bottles now in Harry Byrnes on the Howth Rd Clontarf

Now available in the Clarion Hotel IFSC and from thursday in Callans Off-licence in Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

now available in the Castle off Licence in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

bought Galway Hooker recently in McHugh's off license (Kilbarrack Road) Jus de Vin off license (Portmarnock) and Gilbert and Wrights pub in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    now available in the Castle off Licence in Tralee

ah only a few weeks too late from my last visit home to Kerry. I'll send instructions to the family to pick some up and keep in storage for my next trip home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Carryout in Ferrybank, Waterford have them along with a great selection of ales\beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The Wine Centre Kilkenny - got a few bottles of Galway Hooker there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Hollands in Bray have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

The Hartstown house has it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Athlone Springs hotel has it for 4.50 a bottle.

The off-licence at Kavanaghs craft pub on Dorset St now stocking Hooker Bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

toffeeshel wrote: »
    The off-licence at Kavanaghs craft pub on Dorset St now stocking Hooker Bottles

Kavanagh's Craft Pub? Dorset St?

Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

More or less on the Temple Street/Eccles Street crossroads, beside the Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

It's available in JCs supermarket in Swords.

King Sitric Cafe Bar in Howth selling Hooker, Trouble Brewing Dark Arts and Stonewell cider bottles from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

hawkhead wrote: »
    The Hartstown house has it

For a small offy on the side of a pub with no craft beers, good to see they have Hookers, and the 8 degrees, o'Hara's and Dungarvan ranges, the latter two are 4 for €10. Trying to be different to the Eurospar, and winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

emco wrote: »
    For a small offy on the side of a pub with no craft beers, good to see they have Hookers, and the 8 degrees, o'Hara's and Dungarvan ranges, the latter two are 4 for €10. Trying to be different to the Eurospar, and winning.

You can get the bottles inside the pub if you ask nicely

Christophes on Duck Lane, Smithfield selling it from today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

we stock it in Tralee now, my hubby says its lovely too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    we stock it in Tralee now, my hubby says its lovely too :)

It's pretty much everywhere now.

Advertisement