Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone translate this for me??

Options
  • 18-05-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Evening everyone,

I got the following in a text message earlier from an unknown number and I haven't a clue what it means, would someone give their best shot at translating it for me!!

Thanks! :)
    A chara Iarratasóir:

Táimid tar éis deara go bhfuil tú i dteideal aisíoc mhéid 361,43. Comhlánaigh an t-aisíoc cánach le 24h: Aisíoc Cánach Foirm 2011.

Go raibh maith agat,
    Na Comisinéirí Ioncaim na hÉireann.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tenente

Deascéal sílim:

Dear Applicant,

We are after noticing that you are entitled to a refund in the amount of 361.43. Complete the tax refund with (?) 24h: Tax Refund Form 2011.

Thank you.

The Revenue Commissioners of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Tenente wrote: »
    Deascéal sílim:

Dear Applicant,

We are after noticing that you are entitled to a refund in the amount of 361.43. Complete the tax refund with (?) 24h: Tax Refund Form 2011.

Thank you.

The Revenue Commissioners of Ireland.

Thanks a million. Not sure what to make of it, seems a bit strange that they would send that by text and in Irish rather then by post!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Did you actually ask them to check if you're owed tax? Usually these things by text are a scam. Even though translators often do a bad job of it, that looks far more like a Google Translate job than a translator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

That's a very bad translation, mostly likely Google Translate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

A few friends of mine have received the same message in the past week. It's a scam (using Google Translate!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

alan1990 wrote: »
    Evening everyone,

I got the following in a text message earlier from an unknown number and I haven't a clue what it means, would someone give their best shot at translating it for me!!

Thanks! :)
    The revenue would never contact you by text message. Best thing is to delete it.

Advertisement