Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Origin

Options
  • 18-05-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Not long to the first match in this years State of Origin, hopefully Queensland will extend the winning run!

ANyone know if Sky have coverage this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

can't say about tv coverage but this is my favourite sporting event of the year. I always get conflicted over being from Sydney but having fallen in love with Queensland during recent visits back home. Go Queensland :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sky definitely have it yeah.

Would like to see NSW get a win, break the run. I don't pay enough attention to the NRL etc. but I've not heard of enough changing for QL to suddenly have a downturn this year.

I reckon that's a fair assessment amacachi, little has changed with Queensland so unless NSW can come up with something very special it should be business as usual. I'd like it to come down to the final game as would we all I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Game 1: Sky sports 1 wednesday 10.30 am
    Game 2: June 15, ANZ Stadium (Sydney)
    Game 3: July 6, Suncorp Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

No Jarrod Hayne is a pretty risky move. I'd say we'll see him back in Game 2 though. Anyone see Josh Dugan play?

• Advertisement

some info that may shed some light on the Hayne omission story
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/statistics-tell-a-sorry-tale-for-dumped-hayne-20110522-1eyzn.html

Dugan has been pretty good for Canberra this year so I suppose an on-form Dugan is going to be a safer bet than an off-form superstar like Hayne.

But I suppose if Hayne plays well for the next game or two he might make it in for Origin 2 or 3.

old gregg wrote: »
    some info that may shed some light on the Hayne omission story
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/statistics-tell-a-sorry-tale-for-dumped-hayne-20110522-1eyzn.html

Dugan has been pretty good for Canberra this year so I suppose an on-form Dugan is going to be a safer bet than an off-form superstar like Hayne.

But I suppose if Hayne plays well for the next game or two he might make it in for Origin 2 or 3.

Yeah if things go right for Duggan/NSW it'll be a masterstroke by Stuart but if NSW lose it'll be the wrong option! With Inglis & Hodges missing it could be a pretty close in Game 1 - NSW will never have a better chance to get a win. I'm hoping for NSW to win on Wednesday with QSLD to level it up in Game 2 to leave a decider in game 3! what are the chances of a flare-up on Wedenesday??

hsbc wrote: »
    Yeah if things go right for Duggan/NSW it'll be a masterstroke by Stuart but if NSW lose it'll be the wrong option! With Inglis & Hodges missing it could be a pretty close in Game 1 - NSW will never have a better chance to get a win. I'm hoping for NSW to win on Wednesday with QSLD to level it up in Game 2 to leave a decider in game 3! what are the chances of a flare-up on Wedenesday??

agree with everything you've said there for sure. Game 3 decider is best for everyone and as for a flare-up, now what makes you think that could ever happen :D Origin wouldn't be Origin without the flare-up :D

agree with everything you've said there for sure. Game 3 decider is best for everyone and as for a flare-up, now what makes you think that could ever happen :D Origin wouldn't be Origin without the flare-up :D

i think it's time to put 'State of Origin fights' into YouTube to get the adrenalin going before Wednesday!

i think it's time to put 'State of Origin fights' into YouTube to get the adrenalin going before Wednesday!

lol I just tried that and it came back with 760 results :p good call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

For anyone who can't watch it because of work, live updates here: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/a_liveupdate.php?matchid=1174

I'm hoping for a NSW win this year - 2-1 with Dugan to play out of his skin.

It'll be that or the usual Queensland win with Lockyer pulling the strings and Thurston generally being the best thing since sliced bread

HT: QLD 6-0 NSW

Looks to have been a fairly evenly match first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭mountain

QLD should of had another try at least, lots of pressure in the first 15-20 mins, thought we were going to score a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Great 2nd 20 of the 1st half for NSW; Could be a great 2nd half coming up

Just switched on, haven't missed a fight I hope. :pac:

Go on! Should be a fun end here ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

NSW takes the lead now.

Not really up on League much but I take it this is surprising?

EDIT: QLD take it back now.

Risteard wrote: »
    NSW takes the lead now.

Not really up on League much but I take it this is surprising?

EDIT: QLD take it back now.

QLD have won it the last 5 years.

Fingers crossed the missed conversion will make a difference. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

2 heavyweights just trading blows now;

This is an excellent 2nd half

argh missed 1st half cos 'net connection went down just at kick off. 2nd half most enjoyable and a close finish with a few punches at the end. Result (as the soccer folks would say) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

argh missed 1st half cos 'net connection went down just at kick off. 2nd half most enjoyable and a close finish with a few punches at the end. Result (as the soccer folks would say) :p
    20 post in a day for this thread where were all you moochers for the last 6 months

Sorry guys couldn't reply yesterday cause i was trying to go through the day without hearing the scroe so i could watch the game after work!
    good game and you'd have to feel for NSW after getting themselves in the lead... thought Dugan had a really good game. Poor old Gasnier got owned by Boyd on a few occasions! Experience told in the end i suppose - winning try was Smith to Thurston to Lockyer to Slater - same old story! with a bit of a punch-up at the end Game 2 should be a cracker! fingers crossed NSW can get the win to set up a winner takes all game 3. who would you guys bring in for game 2 for NSW or would you leave as-is??

big barrie wrote: »
    20 post in a day for this thread where were all you moochers for the last 6 months

Waiting for Origin to come around again I'd imagine

Sorry guys couldn't reply yesterday cause i was trying to go through the day without hearing the scroe so i could watch the game after work!
    good game and you'd have to feel for NSW after getting themselves in the lead... thought Dugan had a really good game. Poor old Gasnier got owned by Boyd on a few occasions! Experience told in the end i suppose - winning try was Smith to Thurston to Lockyer to Slater - same old story! with a bit of a punch-up at the end Game 2 should be a cracker! fingers crossed NSW can get the win to set up a winner takes all game 3. who would you guys bring in for game 2 for NSW or would you leave as-is??

I think maybe the only change I would make would be to bring Idris in for Gasnier - much as I love Gasnier, they need to go all out to win game 2 and Idris provides that explosiveness.

Hopefully Soward will be more effective with the big-game experience.

roll on part 2,
    hopefully queensland will win romp home, I really want to see sticky put back into his box.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

sky sports have it as far as i know

mountain wrote: »
    roll on part 2,
    hopefully queensland will win romp home, I really want to see sticky put back into his box.

No way bro - a NSW win and then a belter in game 3!

Hopefully Hayne can do some of his magic and spark the team into life. I hope Hopoate has a good game - seems like a decent guy.

hope that hopate keeps his hands to himself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

all to play for in the second half but i'd still expect Queensland to pull off the victory.

• Advertisement

]NSW better team on the day, took their tries very well,
    thought queensland were a liitle bit flat,
    roll on part 3

Advertisement