Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Films/Wrestlers in Movies Thread

• 27-12-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭

what do ye think of the current films wwe are making. i liked the first film cena was in looking forward to the second one. anyone see 12 rounds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well the flims can't be any worse than the films

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Only one I've watched was See No Evil staring Kane and I thought it was decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Saw most of them

See no Evil - didn't see
    The Marine - meh, could've been a hell of a lot better
    The Condemned - Pretty good
    Behind enemy lines:Columbia - OK
    12 rounds - I thought it was awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

i actually thought Walking Tall was a pretty decent flick.. worth a watch anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I enjoyed 12 Rounds :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd recommend "12 Rounds", actually. It was a decent action flick, with a good enough budget and script. Cena's acting has gotten much better since the atrocious "The Marine" (WWE's worst film; even worse than the pathetic "Behind Kennedy Lines")... I reckon if you didn't tell someone that Cena was a wrestler they'd just think it was another action flick, which is a huge boon if you think about it.

I thought "The Condemned" was good. Great location, interesting storyline that plays to SCSA's strengths. Even though it borrowed heavily from other films, I enjoyed it start to finish. I'd recommend seeing 12 Rounds and the Condemned.

Haven't built up the courage to watch "Damage" or "The Marine 2" yet as I reckon they're both awful. From the trailer Ted Jr. looks like a horrible actor.

I've tried very hard to watch "End Game" starring Kurt Angle and Jenna Morasca but it's one of the worst films I've ever seen. The acting is awful, the production is in the toilet, and the script and story progression is something a(n untalented) high-schooler would put together. Awful, just awful. It's more painful than watching Morasca's Victory Road performance - at least you can laugh at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Yeah No Holds Barred is savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I felt 12 Rounds was rip-off of Die Hard: With a Vengeance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Saw most of them

See no Evil - ****e
    The Marine - ****e
    The Condemned - ****e Ending
    Behind enemy lines:Columbia - Useless
    12 rounds - Poopy

FYP

what does FYP mean?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    what does FYP mean?

I think it means fixed your post. Was wondering what it ment myself until I saw 12 rounds as "poopy"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

actually people, just in case nobody has seen it before, "The Marine" starring John Cena is on Film 4 tonight at 00:45 but it is on +1 as well..not that I recommend anyone to watch it or atin though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Damage is a way better film than the condemed imo. prob cos its nothing to do with wwe films. check it out. its worthy of a cinema release, shame it went direct to dvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Yeah ... Damage is surprisingly decent.

as for WWE films though .... I enjoyed See No Evil for the schlock it was.

The Condemned would have been a much better film if it wasn't constantly lecturing at us.

The Marine was awful.

12 Rounds was terrible, but I had higher hopes for it because it had a bit of a name director attached. Unfortunately it that director's name was Renny Harlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Saw the Marine 2 last night, DiBiase isn't as forced as Cena. Not a bad effort to be honest it's a decent action film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've seen See No Evil and Walk Tall, thought the former was okay but I felt the latter was very good indeed.

Anyone have any idea about what films they have in the pipeline?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I've seen See No Evil and Walk Tall, thought the former was okay but I felt the latter was very good indeed.

Anyone have any idea about what films they have in the pipeline?

I think there's 2 films still to come

Big Show is in the next one. It's called Knucklehead and John Cena is begining filming his next film called "Brother's Keeper"

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

condemned was good fun, as was walking tall. hated see no evil.

i dont think these films were made to be taken as ground-breaking cinematics.. just a laugh to enjoy with some popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Why did you knock the tower....cus it was blocking my sun....liked Condmened mindless violence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the condemnand was a really good film none have intrested to even watch them

• Advertisement

I know its not a WWE movie but Stone Colds next flick The Expendables looks all kinds of awesome..

Looks like Austin has a pretty minor role in that film, by the looks of the ad...?

A three minute ad though. I've no idea why films do that. If a film ad is anymore than 20 seconds they usually show you every half-decent bit in it, and pretty much give you the entire story and a good idea how it ends, leaving you pretty underwhelmed when you actually see it. Thats my opinion anyway. Although that's very off topic.

Anywho...

See No Evil was the first film of WWE's that i seen. Expected it to be pretty crappy, but it wasn't too bad. A little on the silly side though (I thought Kane's parts were OK, but a lot of the stuff with just the kids on their own just seemed like real filler stuff to me, where they tried to mention sex and drugs as much as they possibly could, and also thought it was a little silly that they have one (disabled) guard for, what was it, eight prisoners? little odd to say the least).

The Condemned was better I thought, and much more watchable. I think they made Austin a little TOO invincible in it though, which kinda hurt it for me, as the film was really taking itself seriously for the most part.

Don't think I've seen any of the others, though I've been considering watching the Marine. I don't like Cena's face, odd as it may sound. He just looks really hammy or something. Everytime he delivers a serious line, it just seems so... I don't know... as though he was appearing in a parody of a film or something.

For example, in the ads for The Marine, on RAW they always showed a clip of him talking to some guy, and he just turns around and, really, really seriously, looks straight at the guy and exclaims... "I'm a marine", and the guy has a real look of shock on his face over it. Just seems so over the top.

Looks like Austin has a pretty minor role in that film, by the looks of the ad...?

A three minute ad though. I've no idea why films do that. If a film ad is anymore than 20 seconds they usually show you every half-decent bit in it, and pretty much give you the entire story and a good idea how it ends, leaving you pretty underwhelmed when you actually see it. Thats my opinion anyway. Although that's very off topic.

Anywho...

See No Evil was the first film of WWE's that i seen. Expected it to be pretty crappy, but it wasn't too bad. A little on the silly side though (I thought Kane's parts were OK, but a lot of the stuff with just the kids on their own just seemed like real filler stuff to me, where they tried to mention sex and drugs as much as they possibly could, and also thought it was a little silly that they have one (disabled) guard for, what was it, eight prisoners? little odd to say the least).

The Condemned was better I thought, and much more watchable. I think they made Austin a little TOO invincible in it though, which kinda hurt it for me, as the film was really taking itself seriously for the most part.

Don't think I've seen any of the others, though I've been considering watching the Marine. I don't like Cena's face, odd as it may sound. He just looks really hammy or something. Everytime he delivers a serious line, it just seems so... I don't know... as though he was appearing in a parody of a film or something.

For example, in the ads for The Marine, on RAW they always showed a clip of him talking to some guy, and he just turns around and, really, really seriously, looks straight at the guy and exclaims... "I'm a marine", and the guy has a real look of shock on his face over it. Just seems so over the top.

Yeah im not too sure how much he'll be in it.. it could be a similar amount to his role in The Longest Yard, but its a pretty large ensembled cast so id imagine he wont be in it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

EdK wrote: »
    Saw the Marine 2 last night, DiBiase isn't as forced as Cena. Not a bad effort to be honest it's a decent action film

Granted it wont win any Oscars,but some of the fight scenes near the end were vicious enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Sorry to ressurect an old thread ... but I saw Steve Austin's Hunt To Kill the other day ... and I tell you, it was a great B movie. Probably doesn't have half the production values of The Marine (1 and 2) or 12 Rounds, but was far more entertaining than any of those. Also features Eric Roberts and Gary Daniels (both of whom were in the Expendables) and a couple of other familiar faces (colonel tigh from bsg!).

With this, Expendables, and Damage, I think Austin is actually putting out some pretty decent films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_X9ay-qEa4

Haven't seen it yet as still have Damage and The Stranger on the backlog. I think it's because it's another Austin action flick. Heard decent enough things about Hunt to Kill. Does anyone else hear "Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC every time they read that?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Got River of Darkness on at the moment.

It stars Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Sid Vicious, and Ray "Glacier" Lloyd!

And it's awful! Late night horrorthon awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

WWE has signed Eric McCormack of "Will and Grace" fame to star in their latest film Barricade, according to Hollywood Reporter. The movie will be directed by Andrew Currie, and is listed as a supernatural thriller. The film will not feature a WWE wrestler. To read more on the story, visit HollywoodReporter.com. [Thanks to Dot Net reader Rocky from Fresno]

Powell's POV: The movie will begin shooting in Vancouver next month. There's no word yet on whether any WWE talent will have smaller roles, but the story stated that no wrestlers will be featured in starring roles. It's an interesting move by WWE. They can still give the movie the usual hype on their television shows, and it's possible that the lack of WWE talent will lead critics and some movie goers to take it more seriously. Of course, the concern is that the WWE audience won't be as receptive to the movie if they don't have a WWE wrestler attached to it.

Good move by WWE IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    Good move by WWE IMO.

Clearly you forgot The Chaperone.I believe it was the funniest field trip of the year or last years knockout comedy Knucklehead. Seriously I just wished wwe stopped making films & keep there eyes on the product instead of trying to win elections or make money on crap movies so bad Tv3 wouldn't show them at 4:20 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

one or of them have not been that good. Been nice too see taker in some horror flim though.

Also i can't get over i started this thread over a year ago. how time flies by

Advertisement