Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Wife (RTE Pace)

Options
  • 16-05-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Anyone know when season two starts on RTE - i see it started in jan on more 4 way back (which i dont have :( & its not going to be put on channel 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

curv wrote: »
    Anyone know when season two starts on RTE - i see it started in jan on more 4 way back (which i dont have :( & its not going to be put on channel 4

I watched on 4OD RTÉ seem to be late with many of their shows, hopeful it will replace DH or Grey's when they finish. Great season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

Elmo wrote: »
    I watched on 4OD RTÉ seem to be late with many of their shows, hopeful it will replace DH or Grey's when they finish. Great season so far.
    Nearing season 2 end in USA and that signals RTE are due to pick it up for a season. Mind you its usual place would be where the mentalist is on a Thurs and that is only mid season at mo. More than likely it will move to replace DH on Tues on RTE. Warning, though, I have watched season 2 and OMG, it moves sooooo slow :(

glengirlie wrote: »
    Nearing season 2 end in USA and that signals RTE are due to pick it up for a season. Mind you its usual place would be where the mentalist is on a Thurs and that is only mid season at mo. More than likely it will move to replace DH on Tues on RTE. Warning, though, I have watched season 2 and OMG, it moves sooooo slow :(

It started out on Monday Nights on RTÉ 2 did they change it during the first season?

I am really enjoying the second series. The election is going on too long, but it is pacing well other wise IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

anyone see simon delaney on it last night...what did you think? he was trying to pull off a plummy english accent but you could still hear a wee bit of dublin in it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I thought he was awful in it, way out of his depth. Lord knows how he got that gig but fair play on one level....he must have a very good agent!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah now, he's one of our own

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I didn't think he was that bad. Not up there with Eddie Izzard but still none the less. I caught it on E4 weeks back so I hadn't known he was going to be in it. I though fair play for getting the gig! Can't remember where in Ireland he was supposed to be from though, I know it wasn't Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

I thought he played the character very well, he was supposed to be out of his dept.

i enjoyed it and fair play to him.

I do like him in comedy more that straight parts.

NTC wrote: »
    I thought he played the character very well, he was supposed to be out of his dept.

i enjoyed it and fair play to him.

I do like him in comedy more that straight parts.

Yeah i agree he did well to play an out of dept character. I know lots of irish people who go to london and begin covering up there accent.

Zonad did alright in the state. Afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mandz wrote: »
    I didn't think he was that bad. Not up there with Eddie Izzard but still none the less. I caught it on E4 weeks back so I hadn't known he was going to be in it. I though fair play for getting the gig! Can't remember where in Ireland he was supposed to be from though, I know it wasn't Dublin.

His character was suppose to be from Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I thought Eddie Izzard was brillant, especailly his 'I am the England of football houligans and Jack the Ripper'.

Simon wasn't to bad himself.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I thought Eddie Izzard was brillant, especailly his 'I am the England of football houligans and Jack the Ripper'.

Simon wasn't to bad himself.

"Bit of the auld potato famine emigration was it well fair play lad and good luck to you my boyo"

Ep 1 and 2 on the player http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1145819

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

Eddie Izzard is a very talented man what with his acting , hilarious stand up and record breaking marathon runs.

Alan Cumming (Eli Gold) to be on The Saturday Night Show tonight.

Bet he is not asked about his character or the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I'm not enjoying the good wife as much as last season . Anyone else think she doesn't look as well as she did last season . I love Eli but I'm missing his little quirks .

brian_t wrote: »
    The Good Wife season 4 starts on RTE 1 Thursday 23rd May at 10.15pm

:cool:

The Good Wife (new season) is back on RTE 1 next Thursday

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Good Wife (new season) is back on RTE 1 next Thursday

Watching on More 4, great season so far, but last episode the episode after the "episode" wasn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I particularly found most of the actors reaction after the news to be wooden. I believe the only one with some real emotion was David Lee. Very disappointed with the whole plot for this series. Can't see myself watching it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

The Good Wife

Season 5 Episode 1 - Everything is Ending - Starts tonight on RTE 1 at 23:20
    Raj also has an interest in a number of books and TV shows which are generally targeted towards the female demographic, such as Twilight, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Sex and the City, Eat, Pray, Love, and Bridget Jones's Diary.

Quote from The Big Bang Theory Wiki

Is this show really targeted at women? Because as a bloke I enjoy watching it.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its targeted at anybody who enjoys decent well made TV. Just because a woman is a central character doesn't mean its for girls only. Whatever teenager wrote the article you're quoting either has never seen the show or has yet to start shaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

This has been running for 18 weeks on more4...

Do yourself a favour though... Don't do any searching about it. Tis a great series!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

This has been running for 18 weeks on more4...

Do yourself a favour though... Don't do any searching about it. Tis a great series!

It hasn't been on for 18 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

cena wrote: »

A lot of people are looking at the Good Wife at US pace...however we manage that:rolleyes:. Season 5 wrapped up last week. And it is good.

cena wrote: »

Then it's very odd that I watched S5 E18 last night on more 4, who show one episode per week. So eh, it has been on for the last 18 weeks and not in the USA, on a channel available herw. RTE just miles behind as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

My apologies people. Ye are right e18 was on last night. It didn't feel like 18 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Its targeted at anybody who enjoys decent well made TV. Just because a woman is a central character doesn't mean its for girls only. Whatever teenager wrote the article you're quoting either has never seen the show or has yet to start shaving.

I agree, as a man, I think this is one of the best scripted TV since The West Wing, so what if the lead is female, it's still a great show.

Also this season has a few great surprises, don't spoil it by searching web!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Savage season of a class series.

If ive a few eps of a few shows built up to watch, good wife is first.

I luv the way they bring back the quirky characters every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

Season 5 Episode 2 - The Bit Bucket on RTE 1 at 23:20 or RTE +1 at 00:20

If you missed Episode 1 - Everything is Ending last week it is available on the RTE player.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

More catchy music from The Good Wife (S5 E19)

Advertisement