Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers after Evo Qualifier

Options
  • 13-05-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Are we going for beers after the evo qualifier? I am toying with the idea of booking a place in a pub somewhere to ensure 30 or so lads don't get refused by some ape on the door.

I want to gauge interest before I go and also, some suggestions on which haunt people think is appropriate. Post up and let me know.

I think Doom mentioned the grand social - that any good?

Thanks
    Aaron

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In.

TP Smiths and Grand Social have proven to be Boards friendly in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

*witty response confirming my in-ness*

Also Grand Social or TP Smiths both good venues although I think Grand Social might be a bit better if we do get a large group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Count me in!
    Next year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Have some cans up the back field so Fergus can join in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If we can book a few of the long benches in the Bull & Castle that might work. TP Smiths is grand as well but that'd be a fair few more separate tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Am i a massive fag (no offence to anyone gay or tempted) if I suggest somewhere we could set up a single xbox purely for the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Am i a massive fag (no offence to anyone gay or tempted) if I suggest somewhere we could set up a single xbox purely for the craic?

you know of such a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

ayjayirl wrote: »
    you know of such a place?

House party at Kneecaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Bumpity bump.

Did anything get booked for this or are ye just gonna wing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

craic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm in.

One question, what time will people meet up? I imagine some will people will want to shower and eat before heading out ( I will want to anyway )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I tend to find that the time between leaving the venue and finding/reaching the pub is the best time to meet up.

Orim wrote: »
    I tend to find that the time between leaving the venue and finding/reaching the pub is the best time to meet up.

Agreed but I will have a shed load of equipment to bring back to smellbridge :(. I will have to go home and then back out again so if someone could take the lead on arranging the venue and let me know, that'd be win. I can make the arrangements (i.e. ring em and tell em 30 lads will be piling in) but someone on the day will need to step forward to show peeps etc - mostly for any English that might be there?

BTW - I think the bull and castle would be a mistake, but that's just cause I don't really like it. Grand social?

There's no area downstairs we'd all fit in the Grand Social and the upstairs usually has gigs on etc. on the weekends, unless you can ring up and try and book it.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    There's no area downstairs we'd all fit in the Grand Social and the upstairs usually has gigs on etc. on the weekends, unless you can ring up and try and book it.

I'm fairly easy Dred tbh. If bull and castle suits then grand. What I'm really saying is that I won't really be in a position to move people from the exchange to a pub as I'll be movin equip back home. I'll be in afterwards

Market bar might be a good bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What about the second bar upstairs in the Woolshed?

The Woolshed is a hole and it's always been really awkward trying to fit people in there.

Woolshed is indeed a pain if more than 4 people are drinking.

Same goes, in general, with the bull in Castle.

We could gradually take over the whole arse end of the Grand Social IMO. Or if people got there early, we could take over an area in TP Smiths.

If there's no game on, the check Inn is never busy early upstairs and they do pitchers or Staroprammen, Cobelcogs favourite beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That's why I said the second bar which isn't always open and can be reserved.

• Advertisement

Where-ever you guys decide on, I think it would be prudent to give them a call and a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

I'm in, i'm sure a girl or two wouldn't go totally amiss anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Appropriate attire for any girls coming to this or the drinks
    burka.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

and she's gone... good man farz all the sausage you can eat!!

Sigh... don't mind placebo there, he's just dealing with some repression issues.

You entering any games on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Not too familiar with drinking in Dublin, dress codes?

Am I going to have to bring the good tracksuit?

mackg wrote: »

Ha!

In general, if a bouncer is feeling like a dick, tracksuits and runners don't help the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

OMG another girl! Woot :D
    Are you the girl from casuals I met recently? Playing Marvel? I've forgotten your name ;_;
    mackg wrote: »

Just don't wear white tracksuit bottoms :p

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Konata wrote: »
    Are you the girl from casuals I met recently? Playing Marvel? I've forgotten your name ;_;

Just don't wear white tracksuit bottoms :p

I was planning to wear my white tracksuit bottoms with my shiney black shoes, but i can`t attend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Konata wrote: »

Yep its me, Aileen's my actual name! And yes Doom, i'll probably enter either marvel or SF, i can't afford both ]and i haven't decided which yet, gonna get cleaned out of either of them anyway!

Advertisement