Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how far we've come

Options
  • 12-05-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

now this came as a massive surprise to me - i was looking for something i posted ages ago for a friend of mine and i happenend across this - good jesus i dont remember this in the slightest - i love the whole - "its not a sport reply too" - back the i used to p1ss away hours looking at pop up riddled american sites - now i just stop by here couple times a day - in fairness though years ago most irish people would have been too emabrressed to een post in a forum like this.

anyways its probably pointless but i just thought i'd post it.

mock me at your will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Sorry, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

suppose it would have helped if i'd posted the link i was referring to

ah **** i cant find it now - it was from like years ago asking about an wrestling forum or something.

ah balls if i could find the link i wouldnt look quite so retarded.

right found it :o:o i'm such a gobsh1te - i was distracted by some guitar tabs i was looking up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=375482

jesus i was such a whiney little muppet back then - i've been browsing over some of my really old posts and i feel like punching myself.

repeatedly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wow, the closest I came to the internet back in '02 was 10 minutes at the end of computer class every few months, and most of that time was spent trying to get the crap connection to work. What was the internet wrestling community like back then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How the fcuk are you a member 10 years and only have 800 something posts! :eek:

If you search the PW archives, the first registered thread of the Board is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=156161

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What was the internet wrestling community like back then?

As someone who in the late 90's and early 00's used to spend several hours a day on the WWE.com chat-room (which they shut down years ago i believe), i can say that the IWC definitely had a lot more girls back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Charisteas wrote: »
    As someone who in the late 90's and early 00's used to spend several hours a day on the WWE.com chat-room (which they shut down years ago i believe), i can say that the IWC definitely had a lot more guys pretending to be girls back then!

FYP

CMpunked wrote: »
    How the fcuk are you a member 10 years and only have 800 something posts! :eek:

If you search the PW archives, the first registered thread of the Board is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=156161

yeah i'm a bit of a lazy bollox and kinda fell of the auld grid there fora while when i lived in some kind of bermuda triangle in edinburgh which couldnt get any internet of digital television service - actually looking back at the calibre of my posts there its probably a good thing, appalling spelling and grammer, plus i appear to have been a very angry young man as many of my posts seem to be filled with swearing and incoherience. good to see i've changed so much :p:D

i remember when boards actually started it was just like a few people in colleges around ireland - friend of mine turned me on to it then - its far more wide reaching than any of us could ever have imagined. plus now we have our very own pw forum ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ayatollah wrote: »

i remember when boards actually started it was just like a few people in colleges around ireland - friend of mine turned me on to it then - its far more wide reaching than any of us could ever have imagined. plus now we have our very own pw forum ;)

IIRC boards was originally Quake oriantated, then came after hours and then the more individualised boards like Soccer / Sports came about. twas all gamers at first i think

• Advertisement

IIRC boards was originally Quake oriantated, then came after hours and then the more individualised boards like Soccer / Sports came about. twas all gamers at first i think

yeah my friend gerry was made into all that think he was even on the irish gaming team or whatever you call it at one stage - have to say i never was into all the LAN gaming stuff and it all went kinda over my head to a large extent. it really was like and forgive me for saying this but a nerds only kinda zone. so going to cop grief for that last bit.

jesus 10 years - guess i am old eh?

Advertisement