Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruachlan/An Grianan, Westbury, Corbally. Residents Association being setup.

Options
  • 11-05-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

Just to make anyone in the area aware that a residents association is being setup and that the next meeting will be on Wednesday 18th May at 8pm. It will be in the Church, Or OReileys(if available). I will post the location when it is confirmed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

about time .the residents woke up in that part of westbury.

by the way this is athlunkard not corbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

You may want to also put this into the Clare forum, as Westbury is in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

molard wrote: »
    about time .the residents woke up in that part of westbury.

Would you care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Just to make anyone in the area aware that a residents association is being setup and that the next meeting will be on Wednesday 18th May at 8pm. It will be in the Church, Or OReileys(if available). I will post the location when it is confirmed.

Thanks, any chance you could keep me updated on this as I cant make that meeting but interested in it?

You could also put this into the Clare forum but prob get no interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

foinse wrote: »
    You may want to also put this into the Clare forum, as Westbury is in Clare.

Shannon banks and Westbury were always good enough to be treated part of Limerick even if they were technically in Knockballynameath, Parteen, Co Clare.

The address for Westbury and Shannon Banks can be used as Limerick. The city services from Limerick come into the area. The postmen come from Limerick. At night when Ardacrusha Garda station closes Limerick city look after the area. The voting for councillors has been given back into the original consituency instead of having to vote for people in Killaloe.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm as pedantic as the next person but having grown up in Shannon banks I can honestly say I was a Limerick man. I still say Limerick and I live in Tipperary.

Leave it where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Berty wrote: »
    Shannon banks and Westbury were always good enough to be treated part of Limerick even if they were technically in Knockballynameath, Parteen, Co Clare.

The address for Westbury and Shannon Banks can be used as Limerick. The city services from Limerick come into the area. The postmen come from Limerick. At night when Ardacrusha Garda station closes Limerick city look after the area. The voting for councillors has been given back into the original consituency instead of having to vote for people in Killaloe.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm as pedantic as the next person but having grown up in Shannon banks I can honestly say I was a Limerick man. I still say Limerick and I live in Tipperary.

Leave it where it is.

Whoa Berty, I just meant there might be people visiting the Clare Forum, from Westbury that wouldn't visit the Limerick City Forum and OP would get better coverage from posting there too.

I agree that Westbury is part of Limerick City in all but name.

foinse wrote: »
    Whoa Berty, I just meant there might be people visiting the Clare Forum, from Westbury that wouldn't visit the Limerick City Forum and OP would get better coverage from posting there too.

I agree that Westbury is part of Limerick City in all but name.

My post need more character smiley faces. Don't take me too seriously.

Was also gonna add that most of Westbury/SB gets employed and educated in Limerick but thats just Clare in general. :P

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Was also gonna add that most of Westbury/SB gets employed and educated in Limerick but thats just Clare in general. :P

As you know.

Postal address for Limerick when you want to
    Insure house and car in the Clare address

:D

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Insure house and car in the Clare address

Iv tried it....:) insurance still the same :(

Which is a surprise as Clare drivers must be the cause of half of all crashes in the country! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Thanks, any chance you could keep me updated on this as I cant make that meeting but interested in it?

You could also put this into the Clare forum but prob get no interest.

Hopefully there will be a leaflet drop (not at 5am looking for old clothes) and a Facebook/Webpage in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Just a quick query exactly what does a Resident's Association do? I'm a bit dim but have never really understood what they do or what is the point of one!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Had a call to the door the other night (Bruachlan) asking to sign a petition to finally get the roads fixed.
    Would be interested in attending this

kiersm wrote: »
    Just a quick query exactly what does a Resident's Association do? I'm a bit dim but have never really understood what they do or what is the point of one!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residents'_association

The residents association in Woodview Park (to take an example not long ago) held meetings regarding the mayhem LIT students caused by turning the estate into a car park (not to mention the rubbish they left behind). End result was that enough pressure was put on those in power to put a lot single and double yellow lines around the estate which has stopped the random parking in most parts.

As the Council haven't taken over control of the estate yet and it is expected that next Tuesday 2 of the 3 Developers who built the place will no longer exist, there are quite a few issues to be resolved.

the last residents ass in westbury was for the entire estate.will this r a only represent the 169 houses in bruachlan and an grianan.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    As the Council haven't taken over control of the estate yet and it is expected that next Tuesday 2 of the 3 Developers who built the place will no longer exist, there are quite a few issues to be resolved.

look up 022035 planning file online on the clare coco wedpage and all the planning issues are listed. as a matter of interest who are the 3 developers.best of luck it takes guts to put yourself out there.i hope you have thick skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

look up 022035 planning file online on the clare coco wedpage and all the planning issues are listed. as a matter of interest who are the 3 developers.best of luck it takes guts to put yourself out there.i hope you have thick skin.
    Chieftan and McInerney are two. The two estates mentioned are Chieftan and ultimately Nama.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruachlan-Grianan-Residents-Association/115301655222394?sk=wall&filter=2#!/pages/Bruachlan-Grianan-Residents-Association/115301655222394

Venue for this weeks meeting is the Church in Westbury at 8pm.

All Residents are welcome, hopefully as many as possible can attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lightpipe

kiersm wrote: »

Ours was set up to collect money for / organise the grass cutting & general maintenance, every house pays €50 a year for this. On a new estate, (like ours), it also helps people get to know each other. So far we've been lucky enough to have no problems, but if we did then there's already a group established to deal with it.

Meeting now moved to O'Reileys tomorrow night at 8pm.

Looking for some quotes for grasscutting and weed spraying.

Anyone have some good contacts or know a good reliable company, with Public Liability Insurance ?

report on unfinished estates to be published today.will be interesting to see what the minister for houses proposes to do. there is approx 50 houses in westbury to be finished.

report on unfinished estates to be published today.will be interesting to see what the minister for houses proposes to do. there is approx 50 houses in westbury to be finished.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0609/housing.pdf

Looking for some more people from Grianan to get involved, if there is anyone interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Had callers at the door last night in Bruachlan, good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Apparently some people are refusing to pay the €40, they'd rather the place descend into rack and ruin!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

€40 to get grass cut ouch :) maybe they can't afford it.
    Must be hundreds of houses maybe if it was €5 they would pay.

• Advertisement

It is to cut the grass for the year and kill the weeds at the kerbs, and it has to be a company with public liability insurance. The Residents Association are trying to get the best quotes possible to have the job done properly.

They are trying to get as many people from the estates involved as possible. There is an open invitation to anyone in Grianan & Bruaclan to join and help.

They are also working with Clare County Council in relation to the Council taking over control of the Estate as there are issues with Sewage and Water treatment.

And finally, working with Nama in relation to the remains of the site offices and the uncompleted houses.

Additional Information.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bruachlan-Grianan-Residents-Association/115301655222394

bruachlangrianan@gmail.com

Advertisement