Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eckhart Tolle - any fans?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

I didn't say he was extremely popular I said his books are, nor did I say he was a great spiritual teacher, I just asked you to consider something.

I've just done another search around for an ET poster and again have failed to find any. I am now begining to doubt if ever such a thing was made.
    Taking into account all that is currently for sale at the ET website, I fail to see how anybody could have a problem with it, as everything is up front and honest.

In all Tolle has said and written there isn't a single attempt to suggest that owning more of his stuff will help you spiritualy. He just says his thing, and items such as DVD/Books are tools used to get his message across. At what point should he say "stop, enough people have heard my message".

Also Tolle is continually drawing people's attention to other spiritual sources/writters that are available today and down trough the ages.

You doubt away.That's calling me a liar I,m done .
    Pick a derogatory term and apply it to yourself (most will fit) I'm just to polite to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Read Lliving in the Now! Found it interesting.
    Bought the follow up book, name of it escapes me, anyway I could not follow it at all. Gave up , sitting in a pile of books somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ladyblackadder

I read The Power of Now a few years ago and found it good but very repetitive of it's message. I found A New Earth gave me a better understanding of that same message. I think I found his writing style had become more succinct. It might be time for me to reread both books. I am in need of a spiritual boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I read The Power of Now a few years ago and found it good but very repetitive of it's message. I found A New Earth gave me a better understanding of that same message. I think I found his writing style had become more succinct. It might be time for me to reread both books. I am in need of a spiritual boost.

I have never actually read either book, I have listened to them many times on audio CD, It is himself reading and two people asking questions on TPON. I listen in the car. I'd recommend it as a change from reading.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

Back when I lived in Findhorn and was heavily involved in New Age spirituality, I was very drawn to spiritual approaches a la Tolle's. A great favourite of mine was Krishnamurti who has many parallels with Tolle.

Discovering the Church, also coming to Ireland, changed me deeply.

I began seeing ever more clearly how that form of spirituality had been leading me to a more and more de-personalised, even inhuman form of spirituality.

Krishnamurti became so enamoured of the Power of the Now that in old age, he even forgot that he had a brother who he loved, but who died young.

Krishnamurti was brilliant ... like Tolle ... he was not senile. He just so completely lived in the Power of the Now that he forgot very human things, like having a beloved brother.

Today I count myself very fortunate to have found a far more human form of spirituality. And Irish tradition helped me considerably in that.

If anyone is interested, I have two major posts at my blog about that.

One is about Tolle specifically: http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2009/04/article-2/

The other is about how I left Findhorn and the New Age behind found a far more human spirituality partly via the book Meditations on the Tarot ...

http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2013/03/from-findhorn-to-catholicism-on-leaving-the-new-age-for-the-church/

• Advertisement
Advertisement