Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the Fukkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 11-05-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Ok, so my problems about this stuff are fukin endless.

So, I dropped out of college because I could not get the grant.
    I applied for JSA in August but it took until November for my college to send me a piece of papaer saying that I had left.

I applied for JSA on 15th November 2010. I heard nothing until April when I had to go to an inspector, which turned out to be a mistake.

I get my JSA confimation today, and I can collect it tommorow, 12th May 2011 (7 fukin months later), and it says:

Personal Rate: 100
    Increase for Qualified Adult: 0
    Increase for (0) child(ren): 0
    Less Means: 59.00

Did they honestly make me wait 7 months for 41 euro a week? And if so, who do I have to track down and knock the fuk out. Seriously, what the fuk is going on with this. Answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

If you're under 21, I think that the maximum rate you're entitled to is €100 a week.

The €59 means they have subtracted from this is probably your parents income, the basis of these calculations should be included with the letter you received?

When I was living at home being assessed for JSA, they had calculated my father's monthly income as weekly income instead, and told me I wasn't entitled to anything. So it's worth your while checking your calculations, and there is an appeals process there if they've actually made a mistake. Details of the address you can send your appeal to should have been included in the letter you received.

By the way, as far as I know, you'll get all of the allowance you're entitled to back-dated from when you first made the claim (I'm open to correction there though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

Yeah well, my brother was living in the same house as me and signed on at like 20, and he was on 190 a week. I calculated my back money at 70euro and people were like "Nah man thats fuk all, you will get higher than that" but I just trying to stop any dissappointment, but 41euro? Thats the lowest Ive ever heard of, and 7 months is the longest Ive ever heard someone waiting. If this isnt a mistake, Ill save up, buy a car, get a loan and leave the country. I cant actually believe they would do that.

Im under 21 and live with my parents, sure, I understand deducatble money and stuff, and 70euro would have been perfect, no issues with me or nothing, I'd be fine with it. But I dont know if I can actually live on 41euro a week. I mean my parents will want dig money and wont be buying me food or nothing. I cant get a job as I live in a little town with nothing going and I dont drive and at 41euro a week how can I even think about insurance and buying a car? What do they actually expect me to do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Your pretty much expected to sit in a room and rot away.

Go to your local SW office and speak to someone about it.Ask for a breakdown of the figures and double check them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Have a read of THIS

You can appeal all decisions, probably take till Christmas but keep on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well what have you been living on since you dropped out of college? If you did your sums wrong and expected a windfall then I don't feel that bad for you. You're clearly okay or you would have been entitled to more.

Sounds like your parents are supporting you anyway, if they will support you to do nothing at home then I'm sure they would have supported you to stay in college. Sounds like you played your cards wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

You should get backpayed from the time you signed on. Should get over €1100 when you go post office for 1st time so just make that last buddy

Well what have you been living on since you dropped out of college? If you did your sums wrong and expected a windfall then I don't feel that bad for you. You're clearly okay or you would have been entitled to more.

Sounds like your parents are supporting you anyway, if they will support you to do nothing at home then I'm sure they would have supported you to stay in college. Sounds like you played your cards wrong.

My parents supported me as in paid for the college fees and paid my house rent in college. I was supposed to get a job but with no experience, no one would hire me. I lived off friends for the year pretty much and then had to leave after the year. I still owe the friends the money.

My parents said they'd give me money on loan until my JSA came through. They even cut the tab after 5 months because it was taking ridiculously wrong, so now I owe them money and they wont give me any more money. Hence, I dont have to pay rent, but I have to live on 41euro.

I never calculated wrong, I never calculated. I just know that I have friends in not too unsimilar situations who dont get anywhere near as ow as 41. They have like drinking money and fun money after the living money.
    Plazaman wrote:
    Have a read of THIS

You can appeal all decisions, probably take till Christmas but keep on them.

Thanks, but Ive been waiting since August, when I first made an application and my college took ages to send the confirmation of leave letter. Im not waiting until Christmas again.
    bobmalooka wrote:
    Your pretty much expected to sit in a room and rot away.

Go to your local SW office and speak to someone about it.Ask for a breakdown of the figures and double check them

Yeah, thats what I expected. They want me to obay the law but give me an unlivable amount of money? I'm a smart enough dude, but if I have to break the law to stay out of a homeless shelter, I will.

Yeah I'm going to go to the post office and get my money tommorow, and then go back up to the SWO and ask them whats the story.

Lavattack wrote: »
    You should get backpayed from the time you signed on. Should get over €1100 when you go post office for 1st time so just make that last buddy

Yeah, seems all good, but like, that money WILL run out. I cant get a job until I get driving, because I like in a ****ty little town which is already filled with my CVs. I cant get a car and insurance on 1100, so all that will happen is that I can survive a year living **** on that money, and then Im back to square one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

you might be entitled to supplementary welfare allowance if the amount of JSA you're entitled to is too little for you to support yourself. the CWO will tell you if you are or not and give you the forms. just have all documents etc. ready so you can get it all sorted ASAP. best of luck

Also: the SWA can be given as an emergency payment too so if you can get a job that requires a car or whatever and can prove that its needed you may be able to claim for the cost of the car and pay it back when you're earning or through your backpayments or whatever other method that suits. worth a mention to your CWO. but you do have to prove it without a doubt, you cant just buy a nice flashy car and expect them to pay like!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You are living rent free, presumably eating mommy and daddys food that they pay for. What do you NEED money for?

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    You are living rent free, presumably eating mommy and daddys food that they pay for. What do you NEED money for?

Momma and Daddy stopped that deal when I left college. They ran a tab whilst I waited on my JSA, and at 41 euro a week, I'd pay them in hugs before in money. I'm 19, I would now be in finishing my 3rd year of college, almost ready to leave the country and start life with a qualified job elsewhere, if I could have survived in college. I'd prefer to be living rough elsewhere than living off my parents for the rest of my life, and it seems to be headed that way.
    CK2010 wrote:
    you might be entitled to supplementary welfare allowance if the amount of JSA you're entitled to is too little for you to support yourself. the CWO will tell you if you are or not and give you the forms. just have all documents etc. ready so you can get it all sorted ASAP. best of luck

Also: the SWA can be given as an emergency payment too so if you can get a job that requires a car or whatever and can prove that its needed you may be able to claim for the cost of the car and pay it back when you're earning or through your backpayments or whatever other method that suits. worth a mention to your CWO. but you do have to prove it without a doubt, you cant just buy a nice flashy car and expect them to pay like!

Thanks, I'll TRY and put this into effect. I might just start looking at jobs abroad first though, fuk this country.

Oh and one last thing, I need my social services card to collect my payment but I dont have one, what do I do?

So you don't have to pay rent, and you don't have to pay for your food and your problem is that you only have €41 to live on (which seems unfair as some of your friends get more money to enjoy themselves on)? Hmmmmm - you're not exactly the worst victim of the current recession to be honest.

Your parents are not going to throw you out, you will not end up in a homeless shelter and you will not have to break the law to survive. You'll just have to live a very frugal life.

And once you get a job you can move out. You won't necessarily even need a car. Once you're earning you can live near the job if needs be.

Just make sure you pay your Mam and Dad off when your SW back payment comes through - you'll need their goodwill in the meantime.

So you don't have to pay rent, and you don't have to pay for your food and your problem is that you only have €41 to live on (which seems unfair as some of your friends get more money to enjoy themselves on)? Hmmmmm - you're not exactly the worst victim of the current recession to be honest.

Your parents are not going to throw you out, you will not end up in a homeless shelter and you will not have to break the law to survive. You'll just have to live a very frugal life.

And once you get a job you can move out. You won't necessarily even need a car. Once you're earning you can live near the job if needs be.

Just make sure you pay your Mam and Dad off when your SW back payment comes through - you'll need their goodwill in the meantime.

No, as I said the deal ran out. At this point, I'm looking at 500euro+ I owe my parents, and they WANT the money. They wont be buying me food starting today, they will be asking me for dig money starting today...the credit has maxed out.

I've tried like FUK to get a job, I dont want to be scum claiming off the dole. But seriously, there is nowhere in locallity hiring. I've send CVs into everywhere, but since I went school>college, all I have to use as experience is an unpaid week I spend in work experience with my dad in like 2009, which isnt getting me very far. I was not just sitting at home for a year, I was looking for work, online and off, and I have gotten nowhere as at the end of the day I am an unqualified, unexperienced 19 year old. The only way to get a job is to commute or live elsewhere...

They know you dont have €500 a week to give them, tell them you will give them the €41 every week.

I might be able to skip the dig money, but they wont be buying me food anymore. That means 41-41=0....and then I have 0euros to buy food with...see the problem?

I didnt say 500euro a week anyways, the fuk i live with donald trump? I owe them about 500 in total, and they will be asking me for money any chance they can. but, I mean 41euro.

Plus, even if I can scrape buy, I dont want that life. Who wants a "I sit with my mum and dad everyday eating my tesco cereal because thats all I can afford". Thats not life, and I'd be swinging from a rope before I waste years of my life away not enjoying myself (If rope wassent so damn expensive that is!)

Well if you only owe them 500 then give them that out of your backpayment and save the rest. Then give them your dole each week - at last as a part time measure. And go off and appeal your case to SW.

Why don't you look at moving abroad for a while - perhaps you could teach English in Japan or something (all accommodation and everything paid for). It doesn't cost that much to do a TEFL course.

Well if you only owe them 500 then give them that out of your backpayment and save the rest. Then give them your dole each week - at last as a part time measure. And go off and appeal your case to SW.

Why don't you look at moving abroad for a while - perhaps you could teach English in Japan or something (all accommodation and everything paid for). It doesn't cost that much to do a TEFL course.

I'd do something like that but honestly, I don't know a thing about stuff like that. I moved here when I was 11 an my family are clueless about courses and grants too (Hence how I lived in a house where all of my friends parents earned more than mine, yet they had the grant :S). Is there anyway that I can get a better understanding of the options of leaving the country and stuff? Like a website. Like here I just come on and complain how the government are as I whine 'fukin me over' blah blah, but I actually dont have any idea of options on what else I can do, like teaching english in japan for example. Is there a super site which has all the information i nthe world on it (damn my sarcasim!). Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redux

You dropped out of college because you couldn't get a grant?
    Why not?
    Your parents paid the fees and rent, yet you still dropped out?
    What were you expecting? A happy life on the dole?
    Get a grip.
    There's thousands of unemployed people struggling through life on social welfare payments, people who paid their taxes and PRSI for years, people who have already paid their dues.

So stop whining until you have contributed and earned the right to whine.

Wrote out a massive message only to click "Sign into Yahoo" grrr.

Is there anyway for me to find out more of those options regarding abroad working. I am literally blank in knowledge about all of that stuff. As fun as it is venting my anger through this site, I still want to actually do something about it other than whine about my situation. If nothing is helping me to achieve some goals, then I have to force them, but I just dont know any of my options and dont know where to find them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

Oh and one last thing, I need my social services card to collect my payment but I dont have one, what do I do?

You should have been sent out a temporary card. Its about 4" by 6" and yellow if memory serves.

Dude you are no worse off than most your(our) age. I am 22. No qualification or a leaving cert. I owe about 15k at the moment like so 500 aint bad.

Also yes you can get on the road for 1100. Buy a cheap car with a NCT and pay your insurance monthly. It works out a small bit more expensive but if you can't afford it consider that option.

redux wrote: »
    You dropped out of college because you couldn't get a grant?
    Why not?
    Your parents paid the fees and rent, yet you still dropped out?
    What were you expecting? A happy life on the dole?
    Get a grip.
    There's thousands of unemployed people struggling through life on social welfare payments, people who paid their taxes and PRSI for years, people who have already paid their dues.

So stop whining until you have contributed and earned the right to whine.

I just reference my whining in my last poast :D.

I couldnt get a grant as my parents were over the limit, but JUST over. And the genuinley never had the money to have me living well.

Yeah, fees and rent...oh, what are we missing...ermm....ermm...oh yeah...staying alive. They werent giving me money to eat, and I couldnt get a job. I survived like a year without any money, but I couldnt do that for another three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Noo

Consider yourself lucky...i was only on €40 a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

Thanks, I'll TRY and put this into effect. I might just start looking at jobs abroad first though, fuk this country.

So you cant find a job in your locality, yet you will happily leave the country, rather than 30 or 40 miles up the road say.

you have a disgusting sense of entitlement, and with the attitude you have, you are being given 41 euro a week too much, and hopefully you will feck off outta here!:pac:

That's the one good thing about the recession, it's getting rid of alot of the deadwood who would have happily hung around the country doing as little as possible to get by

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

41 euro is better then nothing so pull ur pant's up and get a grip! I'm 19 have no money to my name and trying to get JSA i have no food bar few crackers and block cheese and im fine with that if i get 41 euro a week i would be happy you have to think right at least you have a roof over your head at least you have a warm bet so what if you can not do stuff at the end of the day ur better off then most people me included!

Also the way u are putting it your saying your parents will kick you out and make you starve i some how find this very unlikely that your parents would make you go off with out food!!

Lavattack wrote: »
    You should have been sent out a temporary card. Its about 4" by 6" and yellow if memory serves.

Dude you are no worse off than most your(our) age. I am 22. No qualification or a leaving cert. I owe about 15k at the moment like so 500 aint bad.

Also yes you can get on the road for 1100. Buy a cheap car with a NCT and pay your insurance monthly. It works out a small bit more expensive but if you can't afford it consider that option.

Do I have to get it renewed? It ran out in February.

Yeah I know, it just sucks because everyone around me seems to be running easy. Everyone I lived with in college had parents with non-taxed jobs, and they all had money from parents and a full grant. My friend, despite not even doing his end of year exams, got a grant two years in a row and then once again never did his exams (on some technicality he got two years of grant despite failing). I was just hoping that I could have a decent dole that I could save up and do something with it, but it looks like Ill be saving, saving, saving and getting nowhere.

TBH I dont know a anything about cars, I'll see what I can do in getting one for that money. Need to retake the test first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Why not get move out as soon as you get backpay.

Move somewhere with better job prospects. You'll probably also get better supports as you're not living at home.

Listen to everyone complaining. I bet the majority of you got a job from your dads friend and then everything worked out well from then on. Im trying my best to do something with myself, and Im trying to find a way to do it. It will be a crazy struggle with 41euro a week, and then again it might never happen. I dont want to live in my parents house, I dont want to live off other people, but I dont have any options as it stands. No job is being handed to me. I want to leave the country as I might be able to get something easier there. I'm like number 1 person to say that the dole gives you too much money, but Im sick of things going against me apparently. Perhaps across the country there are worse off people, but Im not compairing myself to them, and you can be sure that they complain about it too.

I was just looking to see if someone could help me find out about this, and to see if someone could give me any options I could do rather than sit at home and live off 41euro a week.

Listen to everyone complaining. I bet the majority of you got a job from your dads friend and then everything worked out well from then on. Im trying my best to do something with myself, and Im trying to find a way to do it. It will be a crazy struggle with 41euro a week, and then again it might never happen. I dont want to live in my parents house, I dont want to live off other people, but I dont have any options as it stands. No job is being handed to me. I want to leave the country as I might be able to get something easier there. I'm like number 1 person to say that the dole gives you too much money, but Im sick of things going against me apparently. Perhaps across the country there are worse off people, but Im not compairing myself to them, and you can be sure that they complain about it too.

I was just looking to see if someone could help me find out about this, and to see if someone could give me any options I could do rather than sit at home and live off 41euro a week.

Boo fúcking hoo. Be happy you have parents who looked out for you while you were in college and happily provide you with a roof over your head.

• Advertisement

Boo fúcking hoo. Be happy you have parents who looked out for you while you were in college and happily provide you with a roof over your head.

I'm happy that Lucozade tastes nice, I'm happy that my cup of tea doesent have a fox in it....I'm happy about alot of things that are not relevent to say in here. Of course Im fukin happy about that. I thank them all the time and what they did was brilliant. They dont want to give me money anymore and who could blame them?

As I said, I was trying to get information about this, which I got, and now I'm looking to see if anyone could give me any options regarding leaving the country as I am clueless about it. Unless you answer that, or have a great joke like Mr. 40euro a week over there, then shhhh.

I'm happy that Lucozade tastes nice, I'm happy that my cup of tea doesent have a fox in it....I'm happy about alot of things that are not relevent to say in here. Of course Im fukin happy about that. I thank them all the time and what they did was brilliant. They dont want to give me money anymore and who could blame them?

As I said, I was trying to get information about this, which I got, and now I'm looking to see if anyone could give me any options regarding leaving the country as I am clueless about it. Unless you answer that, or have a great joke like Mr. 40euro a week over there, then shhhh.

Well you wont get far out of the country with €40 a week. Just out of interest, where have you applied for jobs? Any restaurants? Bars? Chippers? You dont need experience to wash dishes or collect glasses, i did both when i was 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

No one said it was going to be easy......what do you expect at 19??? Be glad that you're getting 41Euro a week after having paid little to no tax or PRSI.
    You sound like the world owes you a living. Pull your socks up and get cracking with looking for a job. There are plenty of people in the same boat as you........actually there are people who are a lot worse off. Stop whining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Ok, so my problems about this stuff are fukin endless.

So, I dropped out of college because I could not get the grant.
    I applied for JSA in August but it took until November for my college to send me a piece of papaer saying that I had left.

I applied for JSA on 15th November 2010. I heard nothing until April when I had to go to an inspector, which turned out to be a mistake.

why :confused:

I get my JSA confimation today, and I can collect it tommorow, 12th May 2011 (7 fukin months later), and it says:

Personal Rate: 100
    Increase for Qualified Adult: 0
    Increase for (0) child(ren): 0
    Less Means: 59.00

Did they honestly make me wait 7 months for 41 euro a week? And if so, who do I have to track down and knock the fuk out. Seriously, what the fuk is going on with this. Answers?

so you get 41e by 28 weeks? not bad.

how are you survivnig for 7 months with no 'money'

you obviously don't really need it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

People are giving you solutions here and you seem very ungrateful.
    How dare you insinuate that people have jobs through their "dad's friends"?! That just seems like a very immature insult.

Google all the things you are looking for.
    If you want to know if you are entitled to more money from the Social, get onto your CWO.
    Your parents are unlikely to lock the fridge and presses so you can't eat their food.
    You should give them what you can afford (€41 per week) for rent/ food and bills.
    Search the net for rooms in a bigger town so that may help you get a job.
    You also may be entitled to more Social if you are living out of home.
    Get onto Fas about starting a course.

DO SOMETHING! Stop moaning, stop making obstacles for yourself, THINK more, and improve your spelling and attitude (the spelling and attitude thing aren't meant to be insulting but I think an employer may be deterred by a badly written/ misspelt CV and cover letter, and you do seem to have a sense of entitlement and argumentative attitude). This may help you find a job!

Well you wont get far out of the country with €40 a week. Just out of interest, where have you applied for jobs? Any restaurants? Bars? Chippers? You dont need experience to wash dishes or collect glasses, i did both when i was 16.

Thats what I mean. Someone previously spoke of full accomodation and stuff in Japan...these options are what I want. Man I sent applications EVERYWHERE. Resaurants, Bars, Chippers, Shops of all kinds and even ask random builders for jobs. There is NOTHING. The second an opened is made, someones best friend or brother or something fills the spot.
    omen80 wrote: »
    No one said it was going to be easy......what do you expect at 19??? Be glad that you're getting 41Euro a week after having paid little to no tax or PRSI.
    You sound like the world owes you a living. Pull your socks up and get cracking with looking for a job. There are plenty of people in the same boat as you........actually there are people who are a lot worse off. Stop whining.

Next time you stub your toe, dont make any noise...there are much worse off people in Japan right now. Pfft, everyone complains all the time. I already said, I looked like fuk to get a job but what chance do I have when fully qualified people who's family rely on their income can't even get a job? I tried hard as fuk, but I'm at the end of the line. In college I wokred like fuk to pass that course. I worked so hard, got past everything, yet still couldnt survive. My socks are under my chin at this point, and Im sick of doing it and getting nowhere. So...as I said...can anyone tell me the options regarding immigrating for work in other countries. I would just go make another thread, but there are enough people here with torches and pitchforks in hand to answer the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

You're 19 a looking for free money already from the goverment for fun money and drink money if you get the full €100 a week while you live at home???

Get a job and contribute first with taxes before you fell so entitled.

ElleEm wrote: »
    People are giving you solutions here and you seem very ungrateful.
    How dare you insinuate that people have jobs through their "dad's friends"?! That just seems like a very immature insult.

Google all the things you are looking for.
    If you want to know if you are entitled to more money from the Social, get onto your CWO.
    Your parents are unlikely to lock the fridge and presses so you can't eat their food.
    You should give them what you can afford (€41 per week) for rent/ food and bills.
    Search the net for rooms in a bigger town so that may help you get a job.
    You also may be entitled to more Social if you are living out of home.
    Get onto Fas about starting a course.

DO SOMETHING! Stop moaning, stop making obstacles for yourself, THINK more, and improve your spelling and attitude (the spelling and attitude thing aren't meant to be insulting but I think an employer may be deterred by a badly written/ misspelt CV and cover letter, and you do seem to have a sense of entitlement and argumentative attitude). This may help you find a job!

People are inssinuating that I am not looking for work and that I dont even thank my own parents, now THATS disrespectful. I thanked the people who genuinley tried to help me at the beggining, but the chipper worked and the other people kind of took over the helpful comments.

And I'm trying to DO SOMETHING, hence the new topic. Why is everyone gritting their teeth and going grrrr instead of trying to offer anymore help?

My spelling is bad? Damn, and I wanted a job posting stuff on boards.ie. Dammit!

@Confusedguy STOP CURSING!!!!

Swampy wrote: »
    You're 19 a looking for free money already from the goverment for fun money and drink money if you get the full €100 a week while you live at home???

Get a job and contribute first with taxes before you fell so entitled.

Yeah, because thats word for word anything like what I said.

"Hey you, grown man who worked for 30 years and have a starving family...why dont you go and get a job?".

Yeah, jobs come quicker than premature ejaculaters these days. smh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Sounds like your brother applied for JB. If you don't have a tax history in the last 3 years, you can't get JB. If you're on JA, you're means tested, and they're cracking down on that to put pressure on wasters and the lazies to get out and look for a job.

I was on JB after college. And my Da didn't get me a job. I went out and found one. Sort it out.

Have you heard of Google? Try that for looking for info about jobs abroad.

Try and get on a FÁS work scheme. Do a security/fork lift driving/IT/ANYTHING course in FÁS. Won't cost you.

You'll be sent an SSC in the post if you haven't got one before. Explain in the post office that you haven't been sent it yet. Bring your entitlement letter and a passport or something as proof. And temp SSC's are blue and mostly used for asylum seekers.

Your parents paid fees and accomodation, and they moan over €500? Put aside a fiver a week. Food isn't that expensive.

So many silly things in this thread I didn't know where to begins. Sick of moaners.

• Advertisement

ElleEm wrote: »
    @Confusedguy STOP CURSING!!!!

I'm sorry, I never knew that my bad words were so harming. Did you know that the O-Zone was damaged just because someone told it to fuk off? True fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Next time you stub your toe, dont make any noise...there are much worse off people in Japan right now.

Are you sure you didn't fail college???
    Obviously I was talking about people in this country who are on social welfare and have mortgages and 3 kids to feed etc etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thing is mate, you gotta see it how you present it.

You've spent the best part of 2 hours arguing here. Of course its not gonna be easy but realistically you need to get a job. If that involves travelling for 4 hours a day, then do it. Plenty of jobs are not being advertised, I got my first job by walking into a chinese and asking did they need help.

I know its not easy, but thing is, you do have it alright. realistically you need money for

1) job hunting
    2) Food
    3) debt

and considering the lump sum you'll get from the backdated claim should wipe out most of number 3, you're left with 1 and 2.

It's perfectly possible to feed yourself on 20 euro a week and since you're in you're parents house, you won't need to buy condiments etc, just the bulk of your food. Job hunting should be cheaper again. walk everywhere, use a bus ticket here and there and make copies of your CV.

See? when you break it down, its not that bad, but you do need to put the work in

People are inssinuating that I am not looking for work and that I dont even thank my own parents, now THATS disrespectful. I thanked the people who genuinley tried to help me at the beggining, but the chipper worked and the other people kind of took over the helpful comments.

And I'm trying to DO SOMETHING, hence the new topic. Why is everyone gritting their teeth and going grrrr instead of trying to offer anymore help?

My spelling is bad? Damn, and I wanted a job posting stuff on boards.ie. Dammit!

I didn't see anyone insinuate that you weren't looking for a job, maybe you're just not looking in the right places. A few people, (myself included) have said you should maybe look to moving out of home to a town/ city with jobs! You never picked up on this- you seem to be fighting with the advice you don't want to take and ignoring the good/ helpful advice.

Yes, your spelling is bad. You need to spell properly for most jobs, not just for writing on the net. Think outside of the box!

You're so defensive, I was being helpful but you seem to just wanna fight with people cos you're angry. Your attitude won't find you much help. If you find it hard having a question/ answer session with people (which you clearly do!) google the questions you have. It's helpful, and you won't have to contend with people's opinions then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Do they not have a bus service running from where you live to other towns? Im sick of people moaning about not getting free money of the social welfare, ive been working since i was 16 never claimed once, i know people sitting at home doing nothing living off my taxes, one of my girlfriends family hasnt had a job in 6 years and is going over to singapore for a month this summer. it sickens me.

There is work out there, i seen a staff wanted sign in a KFC yesterday. The trouble is most of these people prefer to sit at home rather than work for the few extra quid.

If you cant get a job in your town, get a bus to another, i spend 3 hours a day travelling in and out of work and am still struggling with money. Your not entitled to anything, you havent paid any taxes in your life, dont expect to get a free ride. Complaining about only getting 41 quid a week backdated for seven months is an insult to all the hard working people paying taxes to give you your free money.

JoePie wrote: »
    Sounds like your brother applied for JB. If you don't have a tax history in the last 3 years, you can't get JB. If you're on JA, you're means tested, and they're cracking down on that to put pressure on wasters and the lazies to get out and look for a job.

I was on JB after college. And my Da didn't get me a job. I went out and found one. Sort it out.

Have you heard of Google? Try that for looking for info about jobs abroad.

Try and get on a FÁS work scheme. Do a security/fork lift driving/IT/ANYTHING course in FÁS. Won't cost you.

You'll be sent an SSC in the post if you haven't got one before. Explain in the post office that you haven't been sent it yet. Bring your entitlement letter and a passport or something as proof. And temp SSC's are blue and mostly used for asylum seekers.

Your parents paid fees and accomodation, and they moan over €500? Put aside a fiver a week. Food isn't that expensive.

So many silly things in this thread I didn't know where to begins. Sick of moaners.

Thank you, that FAS stuff is helpful for something to do. Just getting some actual options is what I was looking for. I've tried google, newspapers, everything but I cant commute if I cant drive as buses will need me to be up at 3am to get places in time.

I'll look at FAS soon to see anything regarding courses. I know one person who, although being a completle waster, makes a big off of doing security at gigs and stuff so that could help me out in the short term. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

one things for sure kid, your gona regret dropping out of college after spending a year on 41 euro a week. maybe that will teach ya not to be a bum like 460,000 of your fellow citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

I apply for jobs online and in person on phone everyday i try spend 2 hours a day 1 in the morning and 1 late at night to get a good mix and i apply for jobs even if i don't have the experience i have my name down on a w8ting list for Fas course and i even look online and teach my self more computer skills online so i don't sit on my ass all day as it can drive you mad i also have 2 dogs so i try walk them and keep my self going i am applying for JSA i think as i am 19 i will only get 100 euro could any one give me info on this? I am 19 living on my own in rented room with one other house mate i don't have family ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

It's no wonder no one will give you a job.

Here's my tip, use one of your 40 odd euro payments and buy a bus ticket to London and stay there. Emmigration on a budget.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Do they not have a bus service running from where you live to other towns? Im sick of people moaning about not getting free money of the social welfare, ive been working since i was 16 never claimed once, i know people sitting at home doing nothing living off my taxes, one of my girlfriends family hasnt had a job in 6 years and is going over to singapore for a month this summer. it sickens me.

There is work out there, i seen a staff wanted sign in a KFC yesterday. The trouble is most of these people prefer to sit at home rather than work for the few extra quid.

If you cant get a job in your town, get a bus to another, i spend 3 hours a day travelling in and out of work and am still struggling with money. Your not entitled to anything, you havent paid any taxes in your life, dont expect to get a free ride. Complaining about only getting 41 quid a week backdated for seven months is an insult to all the hard working people paying taxes to give you your free money.

I do want to work is the difference. I wish people would stop thinking I am just sitting at home watching JK with fist fulls of tax money. You had a job since you were 16, lucky you, I wish I could get one at 19. Ive seen help wanted signs too, applied, and got rejected for lack of expeirence, in like 3 different places.

You work all day, travel 3 hours and struggle to get by? Sounds awful, and sounds like Id prefer to be a waster than hate what Im doing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement