Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I think its best days are over, same set, same format, same old same old. I hope they bring that 'the voice' to the UK and see how that goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gary Barlow confirmed as a judge for this year

Count me out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Not sure how to feel about the new line up. I'm glad Louis is still there but it's a huge gamble picking three new judges and then hoping all the judges will mesh well together. Here's hoping it working...
    At least we won't have to put up with Konnie Huq this year:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0621/osbournes.html

There's no love lost between these two and now Sharon Osbourne is claiming that she thinks her former colleague Dannii Minogue was "thrown" off 'The X Factor' judging panel. Weeks ago, Dannii announced that she would not feature as a judge on the next series of the talent competition. At the time, Minogue stated that she was leaving to spend more time with her family and focus on her role on 'Australia's Got Talent'.
    During an on-line interview with Perez Hilton, Osbourne said:
    "I don't think she was pushed, I think she was f**king thrown."
    She went on to comment on the pair's openly turbulent relationship, saying: "We didn't get on. I didn't enjoy working together, but to hand it to her, she ended up being really good on the show. She did do good and held her own. You gotta hand it to her."
    Asked by Hilton if she had read Minogue's autobiography which revealed further intense conversations between the pair, Osbourne insisted that she hadn't.
    "You know what, when people say things about you, if you don't respect that person or like that person, what does it matter to you?" she said. "People can only hurt you if you really like that person and they don't like you. Then it's hurtful."
    The reality star, who seemed in the mood for dishing the dirt also went on to claim that Cheryl Cole was only offered the job on the American version of the TV show to 'pacify' Simon Cowell who fought for her.
    Osbourne believes that Cheryl was only was only given the X Factor USA job to keep Simon Cowell happy

"That little guy from Fox, Mike Darnell, went to England so many times to see her. He'd been over to England so many bloody times watching 'X Factor' so he knew what he was getting."
    "Maybe they were pacifying Simon by letting him have Cheryl."

Cheryl Cole is reportedly being lined up to return to The X Factor for the Judges' Houses stage of the show.

The singer left the UK version of the show to star in The X Factor USA, but was replaced by Nicole Scherzinger after just days on the panel.

Cole could now join her UK replacement Tulisa Contostavlos to help put contestants through to the live shows, the Daily Star Sunday reports. The N-Dubz star is rumoured to be filming her Judges' Houses section at her grandmother's house in Greece.

"Producers are desperate to bring Cheryl back in some way or another," a source said. "One option being discussed is for her to come back for the Judges' Homes week. Theoretically, she could help out Gary Barlow or Tulisa because she is good friends with them both.

"But the general consensus is that Tulisa would be better. Cheryl has already been offered the chance to come back and mentor the contestants during the live rounds. There's also talk she could perform with one of the contestants for the grand final.

"Cheryl basically has any option to return she wants, apart from as a judge. The theory behind helping Tulisa pick her contestants is that it would show the nation Cheryl isn't bitter about Tulisa replacing her on the panel."

Meanwhile, Beyoncé has reportedly agreed to join Kelly Rowland to help choose acts for the live shows. Gary Barlow is expected to invite a member of Take That to film his Judges' Houses section, while Jedward and JLS are said to be competing to assist Louis Walsh.

Source - Digital Spy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm looking forward to the show now, not happy with the female judges.
    I think gary will be good. X factor does not need Chery Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I think it'll be interesting to see how all the new people work together this year. I'm not too keen on Kelly Rowland but I think Tulisa will be entertaining! Really looking forward to it...anyone know when the first show is? Its usually August but I haven't seen any ads for it apart from "Coming Soon"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the show now, not happy with the female judges.
    I think gary will be good. X factor does not need Chery Cole.
    I was in the audience for some of the auditions and I have to say I thought Gary Barlow wasn't great. I thought he was a bit of a non-entity among all the judges. On that particular day at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was in the audience for some of the auditions and I have to say I thought Gary Barlow wasn't great. I thought he was a bit of a non-entity among all the judges. On that particular day at least.

A bit of selective editing will sort that out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

For sure. They'll need to!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Lou Lou looks like he's in a Westlife video. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Think I'll be giving it a miss this year tbh.. it's been declining steadily anyway over the last 2/3 seasons and the new juding panel does nothing for me.

Simon Cowell has sacked the X Factor stylist Grace Woodward after being unimpressed with the contestants' outfits.

Woodward, 33, styled the contestants in last year's series and was also romantically linked with the show's winner Matt Cardle.

However Cowell, 51, was not happy with what she chose for the stars to wear for the live shows and has decided to find someone else.

A source said to UK newspaper Daily Mirror: 'Simon wasn't always a fan of Grace's styling and they've decided to look for someone else. The feeling was they wanted more of a household name.'
    Cowell had hit out at Woodward's choices live on the show when she dressed Cardle in a plain white vest and said: 'It looked like you were dragged from the loo on to the stage.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1656354.php/Simon-Cowell-sacks-X-Factor-stylist

Good call, Simon...

matt-cardle.jpg

...good call.

Good call, Simon...

matt-cardle.jpg

...good call.

Wasnt she suppose to be seeing Matt off the show as well?

Wouldn't have blamed him if he dumped her over the Spongebob pants.
    'Bitch! You made me look like a 70s throwback. We're FINISHED!'

The X Factor will return to ITV1 with an all-new judging panel on Saturday August 20 at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yay. Am excited. Although I'm not happy at all with the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Woo! Can't wait to get this thread rolling again :D
    It's been too long lads. Too long.

• Advertisement

*sniff*

The old gang's back together again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I hope there's a novelty underdog act that we can all get behind again this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I hope there's a novelty underdog act that we can all get behind again this year :D

And a hot boyband :)

Can you get better than Wagner?

Fago! wrote: »
    Can you get better than Wagner?

D'you think we could convince him to come back?

D'you think we could convince him to come back?

We can do whatever we want, as boards most powerful thread, we have the power to align the planets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ahem, excuse me. There was nothing "novelty" or "underdog" about Wagner. :mad:

Anyway, time to check in with the rest of the crew for another season. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

as much as I am looking forward to this year's series, I am looking forward to this thread more. My boards post count is about to jump up by about 1000!

Fago! wrote: »
    We can do whatever we want, as boards most powerful thread, we have the power to align the planets.

Can we reinstate Pluto to planet status? Because I think it got a rough deal. :\
    lizt wrote: »
    as much as I am looking forward to this year's series, I am looking forward to this thread more. My boards post count is about to jump up by about 1000!

I'm looking forward to missing about 3 pages of posts every time I refresh the page :pac:

Incidentally I'm probably going to have to stream this on Saturday because my gammy housemate is more than likely going to be hogging the tvall day and evening :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I dunno how I'm gonna watch X Factor this year since I'll be starting college and moving away to student accommodation which will probably have no TV. :(

FML I just realised this now. *Decides not to accept a CAO place :pac:*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement