Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Pandemic

Options
  • 07-05-2011 1:00am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well, due to being pretty miffed over the state of Urban Dead I stumbled on Zombie Pandemic.

For all I know there has already been a thread about it but, in short, it's another Browser MMORPG involving the age-old Zombie Apocolypse theme.

It's a mix of both Dead Frontier & Urban Dead, with the visual & turn-based antics of UD and the typical scavanging methods of Dead Frontier with more emphasis on Stats and Skills on levelups rather than UD's purely skill based levelling.

At first glance I didn't think much of it but once you get to the point of scouting around for big packs of zombies and blowing them to pieces with a Shotgun en route to doing (typical) missions it's not too bad.

The community are generally nice and helpful and it's not that hard to pickup.

Only thing I hate about it is the speed... Like Urban Dead, you'd think a game of this ilk wouldn't have to smatter your play with long loading times between clicks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

its so so slow... why do they reload the whole page everytime....

seems like a good game though... loads of players too, ive found numerour locations with 200+ people in them...

Did you make a boards clan by any chance?

EDIT: After doing no work this morning because of this if found that its very addictive, well done and some of the graphics are excellent...

Need to get to level 5 now so I can create a safehouse/clan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Games quite addicting :P

If anyone makes a clan give me a shout my users " TowLy "

Created a Clan Called :

"Boardsie ZS Clan"

Tag: "BOARDS"

Korvanica wrote: »
    Created a Clan Called :

"Boardsie ZS Clan"

Tag: "BOARDS"

Just requested to join their

Accepted ya, im fooked for the day, no Stamina left... got killed because i couldn't get to a safehouse...... someone saved me though, thankfully..

• Advertisement

Accepted ya, im fooked for the day, no Stamina left... got killed because i couldn't get to a safehouse...... someone saved me though, thankfully..

Im ****ed, no stamina and im out in the open :(

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

i joined there, sent my app to the clan. Kromdor. i'm at the college campus, scoutin for stuff.

We need a safehouse , i cant find nails anywhere though :(

ASOT wrote: »
    We need a safehouse , i cant find nails anywhere though :(

i was thinkin that earlier, ive looked in every pickup ive seen and found none.. :(

i was thinkin that earlier, ive looked in every pickup ive seen and found none.. :(

Il get it sorted after my recharge, il try get the location of the hardware store :D

• Advertisement

Where abouts is the Hardware store?

EDIT: Found Some

Just built a safehouse at 37-34..

Currently clearing some space..

helping out with the safehouse. i have 25 nails also, not sure how to give them to people tho.

should we start a thread on the boards zombie survival forum [the secure one for UD]?

storeroom's up. i left some acu trousers in there if anyone wants, some 556 and 762 ammo, 357, some food, nails, and an arrow. DONT TOUCH MY LANDMINE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

so very slow.. man it takes forever to get anything done in that

so very slow.. man it takes forever to get anything done in that

NAh it was faster at the start, its only gone very slow the last two days :(

yeah they released an update for it on friday, waitin on an update to fix that update...

seems faster today, took nearly an hour to finish the first mission to get to the campus last night, i got to level 5 today in like 15 minutes :P

just my my own clan, the "Death Engine Revival Program" or DERP.. lol

any of you know the coordinates for the hardware store or anywere to get a box of nails on the first map?

any of you know the coordinates for the hardware store or anywere to get a box of nails on the first map?

Theres one at 29-26...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

started playing this the other day, quite like it. reminds me of some old games i used to play on the amiga called burntime :)

• Advertisement

if anyone feels like signing up, clik this link

http://www.zombiepandemic.com/free-zombie-mmorpg/signup.aspx?referrerid=274819

apparently I will get 3000 xp!

Game is good though, I can see myself liking it more then urbandead.

also in case you guys haven't seen, i have a safehouse in the middle map. do feel free to use the facilities. its pretty much straight north of the first one.

Kromdar wrote: »
    also in case you guys haven't seen, i have a safehouse in the middle map. do feel free to use the facilities. its pretty much straight north of the first one.

that was a welcome surprise when i wandered into that map :) Im back on map1 trying to get through missions to level up etc.

Don't really have the time for this to be honest.. I'm leader of the clan. So after 2 weeks of inactivity on my account someone else can take over as leader i believe...

okey dokey kareoke

Don't really have the time for this to be honest.. I'm leader of the clan. So after 2 weeks of inactivity on my account someone else can take over as leader i believe...

quicker if you just delete your account...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Do you have to be a member of the clan to see the safe house? Joined today and at 37-34 but no safe house!

i think the leader has to accept your application. the apartment you start in isnt far away you could stay there in the meantime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

just aplpied to the clan there though have only started

• Advertisement

Your in miju, anyone else, feel free to apply.

Advertisement