Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol prices set to decrease on Irish forecourts

Options
  • 06-05-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the news.

Wonder how long before the companies pass on the decrease and how long it will stay,would have been nice for the 2 bank holidays just gone,typical :pac:

Price per barrel of oil has dropped significantly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've noticed it going up about 5 cent in the last 2 weeks. I suppose it will take a month before the low priced oil hits us but only 3 days when the high priced stuff does :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Dont hold your breath if greece upscuttles the EU but agree it would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I noticed the station closest to me dropped their prices by a cent today.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I've noticed it going up about 5 cent in the last 2 weeks. I suppose it will take a month before the low priced oil hits us but only 3 days when the high priced stuff does :rolleyes:

Was true to the rip off all my local stations went up on the Thursday midday before the first Bank holiday weekend and they have stayed the same since E152.9 Unleaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

Give it a week or two for the garages that bought tanks full of fuel at the high price to get rid of it and fill up on low price.

It was what was always said to me when I worked in a petrol station. The garage could be done out of thousands if they filled their tanks on the wrong day if the price fluctuated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Humour forum that way ->, but this is not funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fuel prices are always seem to be faster to go up than down.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Straylight

The station beside me hiked the price up to 155.9 yesterday, which is the highest I've ever seen there. This evening it was back down to 153.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Topic should read:

"Petrol station profits set to increase"

They know how much the market will bear, and have learned to charge as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Derv went down 2 cents last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have an account with DCI. Got an email this evening stating Diesel is 137.9 from midnight tonight.That a reduction of 6c since last week. Hopefully Petrol goes the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

154.9 to 151.9 already locally in the last week up to Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Was in Northern Ireland recently and derv is as dear as petrol and the same in France , getting closer here also. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Saw petrol for 147 today....

Statoil on the Quays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

148.9 around here which is usually an expensive station

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

landyman wrote: »
    Saw petrol for 147 today....

Statoil on the Quays

In Dublin?
    Thats a fairly large decrease. Thats usually fairly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Petrol was 157.9 in Wicklow today. I felt sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Speaking of fuel. Anyone interested in a clean now unused '01 525i SE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

as long as it stays above 1.20euro i wont be buying a petrol again im afraid:(
    sad days never thought id be driving a dirty diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Hogzy wrote: »
    In Dublin?
    Thats a fairly large decrease. Thats usually fairly expensive.

Yeah the Quays station is usually regarded for its low prices of fuel.

The garages on the Naas road tend to be cheapish as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

as long as it stays above 1.20euro i wont be buying a petrol again im afraid:(
    sad days never thought id be driving a dirty diesel

You'll be waiting a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Fuel prices are always seem to be faster to go up than down.

Well, they have to make a living somehow. Petrol station owners are on the breadline you know. Going week to week not knowing where their next meal is coming from.

Between them and the publicans, we're very privileged to be able to help them fight on for another day or two by giving them as much of our money as they can get their hands on.

Thats also the reason you see so few petrol stations and pubs in Ireland - just no money to be made in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Shall be keeping a lookout to see if they drop. Some of the local ones actually went up again yesterday :(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In Limerick - diesel has dropped to 140.9 in Chawkes while the rest are Topaz in Roxboro is 145.9, Amber is 143.9 (usually the cheapest), Groody Filling stations are both 144.9

Filled up the tank - happy out

Told the lad behind the counter they were cheapest for diesel (petrol is 150.9) and he said oh no, and i said why? and he said its going to get so busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

Hi guys, check out Sky News "Gaddafi bombs oil tanks". It seemed he used crop spraying planes to drop bombs on oil storage tanks

guess that means fuels will be going up again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww FFS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I get my petrol for the price of diesel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Prices of fuel is definitely dropping again. Just topped up with diesel at 139.9 and I have seen petrol coming down too, around the 148 mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Mc Love wrote: »
    Prices of fuel is definitely dropping again. Just topped up with diesel at 139.9 and I have seen petrol coming down too, around the 148 mark

Its 1.40-1.42 for diesel now around drumcondra/phibsboro, it was at 1.45 a couple of weeks ago. This is the first sustained decrease ive seen in a while!

Advertisement