Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marmite - your thoughts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Marmite, Oxo, Bovril, Oxtail Soup.
    What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Never actually tried it, but my old roommate used to eat it constantly and the smell made me feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

It tastes bad when you spread it like butter.

Use Less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I never tasted it. It must offend a lot of people though because I once asked what it tasted like on Yahoo! Answers and got about ten thumbs down. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

policarp wrote: »
    Marmite, Oxo, Bovril, Oxtail Soup.
    What's the difference?
    Marmite doesn't contain meat extract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Frankly, looking at the jar is enough to make me feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I like it on toast, also a small spoonful in a stew for extra flavour. The brandname stuff is nicer than the Tesco ownbrand, and spreads better. Possibly too salty for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

I was given a bar of chocolate that had marmite in it last week, it had just a hint of marmite and to be honest it was nice. Hardle a weight watchers special though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Yuck! Too salty. I just don't like it.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

delicious just finished my breakfast of fresh bread and marmite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 captain dildano

It's awful stuff, like the Devil's jizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Marmalade is much nicer than Marmite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't think I've every tried it, I know I've never bought it myself. Love blue cheese though so I'm tempted to give it a go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

On cheese and toast its phucking king!!! Best yet try it on French toast with cheese on top.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I used to work in a shop. One day a customer knocked a jar of marmite off the shelf and it smashed. I almost vomited several times cleaning it up

Advertisement