Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo purported to be obama and clinton seeing live assasination of Osama are fake!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Jaysus!

You are saying that you trust SKY!!!:eek:

You're still not giving me any clear explanation for what would pan out in either situation.....all I'm getting now is "You trust SKY?"

And some other winners blabbing on about My Pet Goat....

can't provide an adequate explanation? solution: resort to schoolyard jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I don't think Sky, or the daily fail were lying. The story was being built piece by piece, coming from rumours and sources which of course may not be accurate. The two articles you linked were written May 3rd. You linked earlier to an article that has a quote from the white house:

"Mr Brennan said he would not reveal details "about what types of visuals we had or what type of feeds that were there but it was - it gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis"."

You seem to be in some strange mind state that they were either watching live shots or it was a hoax. You live in a strange world Jackiebaron, the fact you can't provide one quote is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

meep wrote: »
    That's not true.

I happened to watch all of that briefing (Jack Brennan?) as it went out live and he was at great pains not to divulge whether or not there was a visual feed.

All he would say was that the president could monitor events in real time.

He would not be drawn on whether the feed comprised visuals or audio only.

It said watched in real time.

I'd go with meep on this, some of it was watched in real time, parts of it wasn't, though audio feeds would have been heard then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

You're still not giving me any clear explanation for what would pan out in either situation.....all I'm getting now is "You trust SKY?"

I am saying a lot more than you trust SKY, for example I am now posting this question for the third time.
    you d'ont believe the white house PR because the white house is corrupt but you have no problem believing a "SPYMASTER" who worked in the same corrupt white house for decades?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Here is what John Brennan in his briefing said:
    ...we were able to monitor in a real-time basis the progress of the operation from its commencement to its time on target to the extraction of the remains and to then the egress off of the target... We were able to monitor the situation in real time and were able to have regular updates and to ensure that we had real-time visibility into the progress of the operation. I’m not going to go into details about what type of visuals we had or what type of feeds that were there, but it was —it gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis.
    Link

Clearly he never said they were actually "watching" live images of the raid. Realtime tracking could be radio reports or briefings from the command post. It "could" also be realtime video but he never said that.

• Advertisement

Or

If a newspaper reports something erroneous they print a small paragraph of a retraction buried inside the newspaper at the bottom of some column, several weeks later.

Maybe if it's Alison O'Riordan plagiarising some bubblegum piece but not if it is something as substantial as the US Prez, Vice Prez and Secretary of State watching something that they weren't watching at the purported time.

namloc1980 wrote: »

Link

Clearly he never said they were actually "watching" live images of the raid. Realtime tracking could be radio reports or briefings from the command post. It "could" also be realtime video but he never said that.

But multiple press sources published this photograph, stating categorically that it was of Obama and his cabinet WATCHING the killing of Bin Laden LIVE.

Now, if they could only "hear" audio reports of the raid then why are they all photographed glued to what is, I would imagine, some kind of screen or monitor?

Either they are watching it live (impossible) or they are watching it post-factum. I have never seen people all gaze in one direction when listening to a radio report and neither have any of you.

Pannetta stated that there was no live footage of the raid. He obviously and inadvertently blew the cover on the "this is Obama watching LIVE" tale.

There may have been footage of this alleged raid but the press was told that the president was watching it live.....and that is impossible and I challenge you to refute that VERY simple fact.

But multiple press sources published this photograph, stating categorically that it was of Obama and his cabinet WATCHING the killing of Bin Laden LIVE.

Now, if they could only "hear" audio reports of the raid then why are they all photographed glued to what is, I would imagine, some kind of screen or monitor?

Either they are watching it live (impossible) or they are watching it post-factum. I have never seen people all gaze in one direction when listening to a radio report and neither have any of you.

Pannetta stated that there was no live footage of the raid. He obviously and inadvertently blew the cover on the "this is Obama watching LIVE" tale.

There may have been footage of this alleged raid but the press was told that the president was watching it live.....and that is impossible and I challenge you to refute that VERY simple fact.

Were they? Can you give us a quote backing this up??

They could have been watching a briefing from the command post perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

They look clearly distressed by what they are watching,be it whether live or not.Fact they watched something at all like that is sick.
    Same as the sadam pictures of hanging sick to let them out aswell.
    World is sick gone mad.

I am saying a lot more than you trust SKY, for example I am now posting this question for the third time.

Your question is academic.

I have never stated that I wholeheartedly believe the "spymaster" but I have less reason to doubt him than the spokespeople of the administration.

The administration have lied and have been found to lie. Not only that but they have more to gain by lying than a single non-power-wielding individual.

Either he is lying or the administration is lying.

What has he to gain by lying? Fame? Fortune? A damn blowjob? What?

What has the US administration got to gain by lying? A lot more...and any fool can se that.

• Advertisement

Were they? Can you give us a quote backing this up??

They could have been watching a briefing from the command post perhaps.

Are you 5 minutes behind the rest of the world?

We've covered this.

These photos were released by the White House on Tuesday. The PR guy/girl who released them said "Here are pictures"

After that there are three scenaria as qualified:

a. Live

b. Post factum

c. Not telling you what they are. Just publish them and make up what you think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

I remember the Sky News caption, it did say Live but there was an extension 'as it happened' implying they were watching it from start to finish but not directly live feed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

caseyann wrote: »
    They look clearly distressed by what they are watching,be it whether live or not.Fact they watched something at all like that is sick.
    Same as the sadam pictures of hanging sick to let them out aswell.
    World is sick gone mad.

If they didn't watch it and soldiers died?

What I'm disappointed in this,

Did you see the situation room? The West Wing and Jerry Bruckheimer lied to us man, it's supposed to a dark room with loads of maps.

It's just a bunch of guys with laptops, I've seen more hi tech Lans.

Are you 5 minutes behind the rest of the world?

We've covered this.

These photos were released by the White House on Tuesday. The PR guy/girl who released them said "Here are pictures"

After that there are three scenaria as qualified:

a. Live

b. Post factum

c. Not telling you what they are. Just publish them and make up what you think they are.

Look, I'm not arguing with you I just want you to back up your claim that the press were told that the picture shows Obama and the lads watching the killing of Bin Laden LIVE. The reality is we don't know what was on screen at the moment of the taking of the picture.

Link

Now we have that word "could" being bandied about.

Why are you making sh!t up with "shoulda/coulda/woulda"

Why ....WHY don't you want proof of the death of this guy?

Why are you constantly trying to explain away something farcical.

They are now blabbing about plans found in Bin Laden's camp about derailing trains. This is abyssmal. Now in the coming months you will see the same restrictions at trainstations as at airports.

Now we have that word "could" being bandied about.

Why are you making sh!t up with "shoulda/coulda/woulda"

Why ....WHY don't you want proof of the death of this guy?

Why are you constantly trying to explain away something farcical.

They are now blabbing about plans found in Bin Laden's camp about derailing trains. This is abyssmal. Now in the coming months you will see the same restrictions at trainstations as at airports.

Seriously you need to take a timeout. If you had read my contributions to this debate you would realise that I am very sceptical of the story being put out there by the Americans.

BUT you claimed that the press were told by the Americans that Obama watched the killing of Bin Laden LIVE in the picture they released, all I want is something to back this up.

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    I remember the Sky News caption, it did say Live but there was an extension 'as it happened' implying they were watching it from start to finish but not directly live feed.

Such language could be employed to describe you watching the fcuking 1974 World Cup Final "as it happened"

The multiple news outlets presented these images as Obama watching the killing of Bin Laden "LIVE".

I don't want to hear about "sketchy visuals" or "audio reports" or any other such crap. The papers reported that they recieved these images and were told they were of the president watching the killing LIVE. That is not possible. Why did the WH state that this was a live viewing of Bin Laden's death?

Such language could be employed to describe you watching the fcuking 1972 World Cup Final "as it happened"

The multiple news outlets presented these images as Obama watching the killing of Bin Laden "LIVE".

I don't want to hear about "sketchy visuals" or "audio reports" or any other such crap. The papers reported that they recieved these images and were told they were of the president watching the killing LIVE. That is not possible. Why did the WH state that this was a live viewing of Bin Laden's death?

Ok this is the Sky News piece as that is the one being referenced the most:
    Pictures have been released of US President Barack Obama watching live footage of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

The al Qaeda leader was shot dead by US special forces who stormed his villa in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad in the early hours of Monday morning local time. Bin Laden's compound was close to a military garrison and was only around 40 miles from the capital, Islamabad. Photographs issued by the White House show the president and other members of his team looking tense as they watch live video of the mission as it happened.

He said: "It was probably one of the most anxiety-filled periods of time. It was clearly very tense, a lot of people were holding their breath.
    It's clear that a pretty significant side effect of killing bin Laden could be a guaranteed second term in the White House.

"There was a fair degree of silence as the operation progressed.
    "Minutes passed like days and the president was concerned about security of his personnel."
    He added that a "tremendous sigh of relief" came in response to confirmation that bin Laden was among those found in the compound.

Asked how Mr Obama reacted when he received the news that bin Laden had been killed, Mr Brennan recalled that the president had said "We got him".
    Mr Brennan said he would not reveal details "about what types of visuals we had or what type of feeds that were there but it was - it gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis".

The Navy Seal team that carried out the operation were likely to have been wearing helmet cameras that were able to transmit video and sound back to command centres.

One picture shows the president and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff US Navy Admiral Mike Mullen sharing what appears to be a congratulatory handshake.

That piece is full of press conjecture i.e. the media filling in the blanks. Nowhere does it say he watched the killing of Bin Laden LIVE or that the WH said as such.

Di0genes wrote: »
    If they didn't watch it and soldiers died?

What I'm disappointed in this,

Did you see the situation room? The West Wing and Jerry Bruckheimer lied to us man, it's supposed to a dark room with loads of maps.

It's just a bunch of guys with laptops, I've seen more hi tech Lans.

I dont get the first question sorry.

I know doesnt look like a country that put the man on the moon.:D

Seriously you need to take a timeout. If you had read my contributions to this debate you would realise that I am very sceptical of the story being put out there by the Americans.

BUT you claimed that the press were told by the Americans that Obama watched the killing of Bin Laden LIVE in the picture they released, all I want is something to back this up.

It's very simple, namloc.

VERY SIMPLE.

And I've typed this more than a few times.

We have a photograph of Obama and his people looking at a TV screen. Correct so far?

This photo is delivered to the press as a cronicle of the entire Obama administration watching the killing LIVE.

Correct so far?

Leon Panetta let's slip that live feed video is shut off for 25 minutes and that there was no live footage of the killing.

Correct so far?

Why release this photograph and state to the press that it was of the administration watching the killing live?

• Advertisement

Just heard that old Hillary explained her hand-to-mouth as a reaction to one of her "early Spring allergic coughs"

FFS

It's very simple, namloc.

VERY SIMPLE.

And I've typed this more than a few times.

We have a photograph of Obama and his people looking at a TV screen. Correct so far?

Yup.
    This photo is delivered to the press as a cronicle of the entire Obama administration watching the killing LIVE.

Correct so far?

Nope. They never said it was of them watching the actual killing of Bin Laden unless you can provide us with direct quotes otherwise.
    Leon Panetta let's slip that live feed video is shut off for 25 minutes and that there was no live footage of the killing.

Correct so far?

Indeed but once again they never said "Obama saw Bin Laden being actually killed" did they?
    Why release this photograph and state to the press that it was of the administration watching the killing live?

Once again I will ask you. Can you provide us with a quote or anything from a WH official stating that they watched the actual killing????

Just heard that old Hillary explained her hand-to-mouth as a reaction to one of her "early Spring allergic coughs"

FFS

Who does she think she is fooling :confused:

Once again I will ask you. Can you provide us with a quote or anything from a WH official stating that they watched the actual killing????

No need for quotes!
    I don't have to provide a quote...the White House PR department's silence is proof enough.

Your question is academic.

It was your question, I just rephrased it,

Yours
    Why do you believe the bull****ters in the White House PR department but you don't believe Steve R. Pieczenik the spymaster who worked in 5 administrations when he says the pictures are a complete hoax?

Mine
    you d'ont believe the white house PR because the white house is corrupt but you have no problem believing a "SPYMASTER" who worked in the same corrupt white house for decades?
    If you think your own question is academic then ok.

Either he is lying or the administration is lying.

So if he is lying then the White House is not lying,so you have acknowledged that possibility.

What has he to gain by lying? Fame? Fortune? A damn blowjob? What?

What does he gain...

Fame- well who had heard of him before this and who knows his name now? a lot more!

Score one for fame!

Fortune- I don't know how much does Alex Jones pay? maybe he can get a book deal?

Score two for fortune!

As for your third option both yours and his private lives are none of my business.

Ok this is the Sky News piece as that is the one being referenced the most:

That piece is full of press conjecture i.e. the media filling in the blanks. Nowhere does it say he watched the killing of Bin Laden LIVE or that the WH said as such.
    Asked how Mr Obama reacted when he received the news that bin Laden had been killed, Mr Brennan recalled that the president had said "We got him".
    Mr Brennan said he would not reveal details "about what types of visuals we had or what type of feeds that were there but it was - it gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis".

So this is what actually happened.

I'm not arguing with a one man mission to convince us otherwise!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    So this is what actually happened.

I'm not arguing with a one man mission to convince us otherwise!

These are the facts, K9,

A picture was published in multiple papers alleging that the parties depicted therein were observing the killing of Osama Bin Laden.

These photographs were released by the White House to the press.

The press have printed these pictures stating that they depict the president watching the killing of Osama Bin Laden...live.

Leon Pannetta has in the meantime let it be known that there were no live feeds available during the Bin Laden compound raid.

Multiple international newspapers have not stated that they were given incorrect information regarding these photographs nor have they stated that they published incorrect information regarding their sources (White House) or status (live).

Still, not a single person has retracted the alleged mistake that the photographs were of people watching Bin Laden being killed post-factum and not a SINGLE newspaper has announced that they were wrong in stating that they published "LIVE" erroneously. Not one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

jakiebaron, could I ask that you dial back the aggressiveness and franticness of your posts. Its not condusive to good discussion and will only end badly.

thanks,

yekahS

These are the facts, K9,

A picture was published in multiple papers alleging that the parties depicted therein were observing the killing of Osama Bin Laden.

The press have printed these pictures stating that they depict the president watching the killing of Osama Bin Laden...live.

Leon Pannetta has in the meantime let it be known that there were no live feeds available during the Bin Laden compound raid.

Multiple international newspapers have not stated that they were given incorrect information regarding these photographs nor have they stated that they published incorrect information regarding their sources (White House) or status (live).

Still, not a single person has retracted the alleged mistake that the photographs were of people watching Bin Laden being killed post-factum and not a SINGLE newspaper has announced that they were wrong in stating that they published "LIVE" erroneously. Not one.

You seem to be awfully hung up on this particular issue for which you have yet to produce a quote from a White House official stating that Obama actually saw the killing live. Quoting sensationalist media reports only weakens your argument.

• Advertisement

These are the facts, K9,

Okay, I do understand your point but to focus on the important part of your post:

The press printed them and put the headlines that it was live, it's what the press do. Indeed the Sky piece backs that up, nowhere was it mentioned it was live, just real time.

I don't know about Pannetta, what I read was that some live video feed was available, some wasn't, but audio feeds would have been available, I presume communication from the troops on the ground, the helicopter and the command.

Tbh, I think we are arguing about semantics.

Advertisement