Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eggs...newbie :P

Options
  • 03-05-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

ok im goign to try and fit either (A) a 3 egg white omlette or else (b) 3 scrambled egg whites in a day in the hope ill get some extra protien in :D..jsut wanna ask is it any different making these with no yolks??? also for the record i usually dont like eggs at all but was let do believe that the nasty taste and smell that i experience is from the yolk (also it holds the cholesterol & fat) so a 2 fro 1 as far as im concerned also..is 3 egg whites too many??:cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Egg whites are no wholefood

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

i dont understand your reply??? whats wrong with egg whites??

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

pecker1992 wrote: »
    whats wrong with egg whites??

they've no yolks in the middle

boomtown84 wrote: »
    they've no yolks in the middle

and whats the problem with that???? its the protien i want from them???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you don't have cholesterol problems, then you don't need to worry about separating them. Even then it is not something to worry about! :) The yolk also contains most of the nutrients. Eat away, I scramble at least 3-4 most day, or make an omelette or wrap. I know lads on here that eat a lot more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

A runny yoke in the middle makes an egg an egg. It is evil to remove them.

and whats the problem with that???? its the protien i want from them???

3 large egg whites will give you about 12 grams of protein.
    3 large whole eggs will give you about 21 grams.
    i eat 4/5 large whole eggs 4/5 days a week.....no problems with my cholesterol.man up and eat the whole egg.all the nutrients are in the yolk.
    loads of info here on eggs dude....do a search.

3 large egg whites will give you about 12 grams of protein.
    3 large whole eggs will give you about 21 grams.
    i eat 4/5 large whole eggs 4/5 days a week.....no problems with my cholesterol.man up and eat the whole egg.all the nutrients are in the yolk.
    loads of info here on eggs dude....do a search.

well im just adding them to a meal is all for lunch.......but ill do a search and read up a bit then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,126 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ok im goign to try and fit either (A) a 3 egg white omlette or else (b) 3 scrambled egg whites in a day in the hope ill get some extra protien in :D..jsut wanna ask is it any different making these with no yolks??? also for the record i usually dont like eggs at all but was let do believe that the nasty taste and smell that i experience is from the yolk (also it holds the cholesterol & fat) so a 2 fro 1 as far as im concerned also..is 3 egg whites too many??:cool:

3 eggs whites only has less protein, less energy, and less of the nutrients (all the nutrients are in the yolk)

You need fat in your diet.
    Dietry cholesterol (that is cholesterol from food) does not add to your blood cholesterol. That is what was previously assumed, but its not true. Your liver creates much more cholesterol on a daily basis than you consume

Mellor wrote: »
    3 eggs whites only has less protein, less energy, and less of the nutrients (all the nutrients are in the yolk)

You need fat in your diet.

i have fat in my diet..i eat plenty of nuts cheese olive oil salmon steak butter......but all i want from the eggs is the protien nothing else..there going along with a meal which is 75-100g of meat (chicken tuna ham), some cheese 2 slices of toast with butter, mushrooms , shallots & jalapenos
    so whats wrong with not wanting the yolks....ive no problem eating fat..but i refuse to do the dog on it!!!!...theres already plenty of fat in that meal!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Its just completely pointless. You don't like eggs and are searching for an extra 12 grams of protein, eat 125g of meat instead of 75g and job done.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Its just completely pointless. You don't like eggs and are searching for an extra 12 grams of protein, eat 125g of meat instead of 75g and job done.

well i havent eaten eggs in over 15 years due to a bad experience....but after a 3 egg white omlette im convinced ill be eating them everyday or at least every 2nd..........most of my protien comes from meat so its good to get a different source in there isnt it???...also abit of variation is nice in the diet too..........the whole point of eating them was to not have to eat more meat beleive me i eat more than enough of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,126 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Of course different sources is fine. But what you are saying makes no sense at all

Some days, you plan on cutting out some meat and having egg whites. Correct?

But why wouldn't you cut out some meat and some of the cheese or butter and have a whole egg. That way you are getting different sources of fats as well as protein (their is protein in the yoke too btw), which appears to be your goal.

If you don't like eggs yokes then don't eat them, but there is no need to make up some nonsense nutritional excuse for why you are avoiding them

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

i usually dont like eggs at all but was let do believe that the nasty taste and smell that i experience is from the yolk (also it holds the cholesterol & fat)

I love eggs but I reckon its actually the other way around. I think the yolk tastes better. The egg white is the bit that usually put people off!

Mellor wrote: »
    Of course different sources is fine. But what you are saying makes no sense at all

Some days, you plan on cutting out some meat and having egg whites. Correct?

But why wouldn't you cut out some meat and some of the cheese or butter and have a whole egg. That way you are getting different sources of fats as well as protein (their is protein in the yoke too btw), which appears to be your goal.

If you don't like eggs yokes then don't eat them, but there is no need to make up some nonsense nutritional excuse for why you are avoiding them

not 100% correct..what im trying to say is i wasnt planning on cutting any meat..i just wanted more protien..but i already eat about 200-300g of meat any given say so increasing it isnt something i want to so..so i though egg whites were perfect..pure protien nothing else........to be honest it was my first time eating an egg in ages and 1st time ever having only whites....but i can see that it is the yolk that made me so sick last time......im not making any excuses i just want some extra protien :D

not 100% correct..what im trying to say is i wasnt planning on cutting any meat..i just wanted more protien..but i already eat about 200-300g of meat any given say so increasing it isnt something i want to so..so i though egg whites were perfect..pure protien nothing else........to be honest it was my first time eating an egg in ages and 1st time ever having only whites....but i can see that it is the yolk that made me so sick last time......im not making any excuses i just want some extra protien :D

dude 3 egg whites is literally like having an extra fork full or two of chicken breast.stop makin a big deal out of this....if you want to eat them then eat them.

dude 3 egg whites is literally like having an extra fork full or two of chicken breast.stop makin a big deal out of this....if you want to eat them then eat them.

i was told 3 egg whites ranges from 12-15g of protien?.....i never made a big deal :confused:.......actually all i asked was advice on cooking them or if 3 was too much:)......more people wanted to know why i was doing it and why i wouldn't eat the yolk rather than just simply answering the question :pac:

Advertisement