Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do women prefer Desperate Housewives?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Taco bell and 3 Michellan Star restaurants then :P.

Desperate Housewives does what it sets out to do very well, mindless entertainment for lady folk, you have to give it that, but on the large scale of things its brutal!
    Indeed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You need to get a new bird OP, she sounds like a gob****e.

Gotta go, i'm marathoning arrested development then making some sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    You need to get a new bird OP, she sounds like a gob****e.

Gotta go, i'm marathoning arrested development then making some sandwiches.

Yeah but you're one of them internet women.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not everyone who watches Desperate Housewives is a woman, just like not everyone who watches The Wire is a nauseating, pretentious dickhead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Not everyone who watches Desperate Housewives is a woman, just like not everyone who watches The Wire is a nauseating, pretentious dickhead.

I beg to differ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

jimpump wrote: »
    over The Wire? ive watched these shows with me bird and she honestly thinks Desperate Housewives is better than The Wire

like WTF........Is it a male/female thing or is it just bad taste from me bird??

Hate to be the one to tell you this but your relationship is doomed. Just leave her now and get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Desperate Housewives does my head in and is on a par with Xpose, utter drivel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

deisemum wrote: »
    I think I love you.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Even if i did watch DH....i'd NEVER admit it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

deisemum wrote: »

Its painful.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's worse than Xpose - the latter never pretended to be anything but crap, Desperate Housewives took a genuinely interesting show and turned it into an insulting mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

It's worse than Xpose - the latter never pretended to be anything but crap, Desperate Housewives took a genuinely interesting show and turned it into an insulting mess.

Out of interest does anyone know if the writers of the show changed? The first two seasons were very strong and then it went downhill rapidly.

Edit: A quick google tells me that two out of three original writers left due to 'creative differences' at the end of series 2...it explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Where I work - the ladies have discussions on this programme every week.

They seem to take it very seriously.

I think they see themselves as these people.

It is beyond brutal.

RTE should Mad Men in this slot.

Advertisement