Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Phishing scam.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

OpenDNS has it blocked as Phishing

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Received a txt from open24 update the other day, im with AIB and was suspicious straight away, havent gone to the site to have a look as am wary of it.. has this been investigated yet by the Gardai? should i inform AIB cant believe they have my mobile number, how could this have happened, should i change all my AIB interent banking details now.. :( i deleted the txt message by accident, i wanted to keep it as evidence.. to late now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What's the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

i deleted the txt by accident but it was something like this
    http://www.update-open24.org
    the txt told me to go there and update my login details for internet banking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yes, it's a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

Good work Damo and Redshift on the previous scams.

I would just like to know how are you sending the info to the Gardaí for future reference?

By e-mail, or over the phone or both?

And how responsive do you find them?

Thanks.

Advertisement