Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightclubs!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Most places are too loud for a decent conversation, unless you smoke. Not my scene at all! :o

I don't smoke but the smoking area is one of the only places I have fun in a nightclub. It's actually possible to say more than four words to a person out there...

Nightclubs are fine if your sole purpose of going out is to get hammered (I'm not condemning that by the way, I've done it before, will do it again, don't see the problem with doing it every now and again), but otherwise I prefer bars.

Though my opinion may be tainted by the ones I've been in. Angel Lane would kind of put you off them all. :P

Trooms was the shpot though. RIP Trooms. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Trooms was the shpot though. RIP Trooms. :(

When was the last time you were out in Limerick? Trooms is back! :eek: It's called Crush 87 now. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

When was the last time you were out in Limerick? Trooms is back! :eek: It's called Crush 87 now. :confused:

You what?! I'd heard they'd opened the bar back up as Orchard, never heard of this Crush you speak of! :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You what?! I'd heard they'd opened the bar back up as Orchard, never heard of this Crush you speak of! :eek:

I like the Orchard bar, now that you mention it. They re-opened the nightclub beside it about 6 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Crush is AWFUL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Angel Lane was great for the first few months of college...my god it was mighty...kinda meh now but still can't wait to hit it again in Sept....although it's Lux now or something?
    I much prefer it to Mollies though which is always too packed and sloppy and full of dirty sweaty people with no respect etc... smoking area in Mollies is great though :rolleyes:

Quite interested in the revamped trinity rooms place besides the hideous name...The Orchard is a nice enough place, the fountain is a hazard though!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I think it really depends on the crowd where you go as to whether you'll have a good night or not. I'm not really a nightclub fan at all. Costello's is the only club (if you can even call it that) in Limerick that I'll gladly go to. I was never a fan of Trinity Rooms for some reason. Angel Lane - went there once, never again! Molly's used to be a good laugh a few years ago (aside from the never changing playlist) and I'm always curious as to what it's like now.

Unusually for me, I actually like the smoking area of clubs. I don't smoke but most of the friends that I usually go out with do so I invariably end up out there with them. They're more relaxed than inside the club and you can actually have a decent conversation in them.

I much prefer late bars or pubs with good background music where you can actually talk to people without having to shout. What I like most though is a good house party. I'd pick one over a nightclub any night. Except Costello's. That place has a piece of my soul :p

tl;dr - go to Costello's, Flan needs your fivers!

tl;dr - go to Costello's, Flan needs your fivers!

C&H Limerick beers some night in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Fantastic idea! This should definitely happen. I've never been to a Boards Beers.

• Advertisement

OH MY GOD YES THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can we for real do a boards beers? C&H style!

Can we for real do a boards beers? C&H style!

It's been ages and ages since the last good one. We had a few lovely get-togethers in Dublin back in 2010! There's a decent number of us near Limerick and Clare now so it should be as easy to organise something down here as it used to be in the capital.

It's been ages and ages since the last good one. We had a few lovely get-togethers in Dublin back in 2010! There's a decent number of us near Limerick and Clare now so it should be as easy to organise something down here as it used to be in the capital.

That's why I never made it tbh! Maybe when college starts?? I really wanna see Soccy in Costellos....
    :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

I'm kind of sick of clubs myself but where else can young people go to meet new people? Providing your not sporty, because sports clubs are too obvious and not everyone is sporty.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

I'm kind of sick of clubs myself but where else can young people go to meet new people? Providing your not sporty, because sports clubs are too obvious and not everyone is sporty.

:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement