Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals & Voucher Codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

healy1835 wrote: »
    Buy pairs of the same colour and just deny everything...

Speaking as a woman...that could never ever happen!! I just couldn't EVER bring myself to buy the exact same colour in the exact same runner twice:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

I have done this. More than once. Shhh.... :o :pac:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Divorce has saved me these sort of problems :pac::pac::pac:

I guess you're one of the lucky ones so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Speaking as a woman...that could never ever happen!! I just couldn't EVER bring myself to buy the exact same colour in the exact same runner twice:eek:
    Sometimes you get lucky and there's different ones that look similar enough that you get away with it, without them being the exact same ;) It was easier when I could keep some at my office for lunchtime runs but now that we're both working from home there's nowhere to hide!

eyrie wrote: »
    Sometimes you get lucky and there's different ones that look similar enough that you get away with it, without them being the exact same ;) It was easier when I could keep some at my office for lunchtime runs but now that we're both working from home there's nowhere to hide!

Exactly! It's more when the girls spot them, they are very loud & would say are they new, god you have loads of runners...I try to give them that glare but it usually goes over their heads :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I'm just being pure decent sharing without buying any myself. Would love to get a pair of the epic react but really can't justify.

So, after the Solar Boost and then the Epics - I was reading reviews of the Nike React Miler as a long run shoe. And it was getting such positive reviews - so I had to.

I mean -

I haven't bought running shoes in a quite a few months.
    I wonder if my hamstring issues are due to worn down runners.
    I have 3 pairs of runners with about 1500 miles (combined on them).
    I've bought nothing for myself in lockdown despite delivery vans pulling up multiple times a day.
    I can remove all those other runners I dont wear and make it all nice & tidy.

Are all the things I told her while bringing her up breakfast in bed...........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

So, after the Solar Boost and then the Epics - I was reading reviews of the Nike React Miler as a long run shoe. And it was getting such positive reviews - so I had to.

I mean -

I haven't bought running shoes in a quite a few months.
    I wonder if my hamstring issues are due to worn down runners.
    I have 3 pairs of runners with about 1500 miles (combined on them).
    I've bought nothing for myself in lockdown despite delivery vans pulling up multiple times a day.
    I can remove all those other runners I dont wear and make it all nice & tidy.

Are all the things I told her while bringing her up breakfast in bed...........

My stash in the converted attic, was discovered by my wife during spring clean out. Told her some I don't like now but I might like in the future, a bit like her wardrobes. She walked off.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Time to clear out more space in the shed/attic/car boot....

30% off Nike yet again with code NIKE30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

My stash in the converted attic, was discovered by my wife during spring clean out. Told her some I don't like now but I might like in the future, a bit like her wardrobes. She walked off.:D

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

This plan has limits and risks attached: could end up turning up to a race with 2 lefts or 2 rights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I recently ordered 2 pairs of Adidas on discount. My wife was toying with the idea of new shoes. Her last runners were about 4 years old. I sold her on a pair of purple NB 880v10 as she could only justify that much and no more.

As I was ordering, I found a discount code online with a search to get another 15% off hers. She loves a deal of any kind so this was happiness. Of course the 2 pairs I got were double the discount (30%) so I basically got 2 pairs for the price of her one shiny new purple pair of the foamiest fresh foam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I recently ordered 2 pairs of Adidas on discount. My wife was toying with the idea of new shoes. Her last runners were about 4 years old. I sold her on a pair of purple NB 880v10 as she could only justify that much and no more.

As I was ordering, I found a discount code online with a search to get another 15% off hers. She loves a deal of any kind so this was happiness. Of course the 2 pairs I got were double the discount (30%) so I basically got 2 pairs for the price of her one shiny new purple pair of the foamiest fresh foam :D

Off topic a bit but I'm lucky enough to get to Boston every once in a while with work. The New Balance factory store is nuts. I get the wife shoes there. The price seems to drop the closer you get to the till. Last time I got her 1500s that were limited edition for the Boston marathon but reduced to $80. By the time I'd paid they came to just over $40. Nuts. It excuses the fortune I spend on myself when I'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Off topic a bit but I'm lucky enough to get to Boston every once in a while with work. The New Balance factory store is nuts. I get the wife shoes there. The price seems to drop the closer you get to the till. Last time I got her 1500s that were limited edition for the Boston marathon but reduced to $80. By the time I'd paid they came to just over $40. Nuts. It excuses the fortune I spend on myself when I'm there

No way! Can't find Beacon 2 for love nor money at the moment either. I'll keep that in mind next time I am there or passing through for work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

YaY, me Adios 4 arrived safely in the port of Cork this morning. Me Ma (91) was a bit disappointed though. Says she's been waiting for a book my sister sent from Wales and thought that it had arrived.

Kinda feel bad now.

Itziger wrote: »
    YaY, me Adios 4 arrived safely in the port of Cork this morning. Me Ma (91) was a bit disappointed though. Says she's been waiting for a book my sister sent from Wales and thought that it had arrived.

Kinda feel bad now.

Awww...that pulls on the aul heartstrings!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Trigger pulled on Pegasus 35 Turbos, 88 quid for a shoe that was 180, not too shabby. Hope they are wide enough, have read differing reports on that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Trigger pulled on Pesasus 35 Turbos, 88 quid for a shoe that was 180, not too shabby. Hope they are wide enough, have read differing reports on that

Looks like you got yourself two pairs, Corcaigh.

Itziger wrote: »
    Looks like you got yourself two pairs, Corcaigh.

Crappy Boards, fixed :)

https://www.brooksrunning.com/ie

Revel 3s for 42 euro (select a shoe for the final price). I ordered 2 sizes with the intention of returning a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    https://www.brooksrunning.com/ie

Revel 3s for 42 euro (select a shoe for the final price). I ordered 2 sizes with the intention of returning a pair.

Used to running with a support shoe, currently Gel Kayano 26 , would these have a bit of support in them?

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    Used to running with a support shoe, currently Gel Kayano 26 , would these have a bit of support in them?

I’m no expert now but I had the first Revels before and they were very comfortable with a good fit for my wide flat feet (hoping for much the same in the Revel 3). They were closer to a Neutral with cushion. The Kayanos would be more stability with max cushioning.

Take a look into the other models as well, serious discounts.

As avid followers on my blog will know (all 3 of you) I've recently retired a pair of NB880 and Asics Flux so somehow ended up with 3 pairs of Pegasus in rotation now.

Have been looking around for something to just run regular miles in so it would seem that the Brooks Revels might fit the bill??? A low risk purchase at €42 either way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As avid followers on my blog will know (all 3 of you) I've recently retired a pair of NB880 and Asics Flux so somehow ended up with 3 pairs of Pegasus in rotation now.

Have been looking around for something to just run regular miles in so it would seem that the Brooks Revels might fit the bill??? A low risk purchase at €42 either way
    The pegasus is a daily trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

New Balance 1080 V10's (Grey/orange color) on sportpursuit 50% off, I paid €83 including Delivery.

I think you need to set up a account to view the offer.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/2055958

boydkev wrote: »
    New Balance 1080 V10's (Grey/orange color) on sportpursuit 50% off, I paid €83 including Delivery.

Nice one....have been after a pair of these for a while but NB are not as generous as others when it comes to sales

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

boydkev wrote: »

Received my 1080 V10's today and the great price was too good too be true. Looks like they were getting rid of Narrow Width Stock. This was not mentioned in the item Description, So i will be sending them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Reebok have a 3 for 2 code offer on many items.
    Ordered 3 pairs of Floatride Energy 2.0 for €126
    https://www.reebok.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted on a DC rainmaker tweet, Fenix 6 & 6s on Amazon UK for £369. It's €580 on Garmin's site. Too big & chunky for me but might be of use for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Any deals out there for women Nike Pegasus 35 or 36?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Advertisement