Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Retirement

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

look we all go through bad patches at times.. Sometimes from playing to much golf and pick up bad habits that we dont realise we are doing. Maybe a couple weeks off to recharge the batteries and see how you go then.. But as some lads have said you seem to be more worried about other people's views than playing the game.. It will come back to you again. i play off 6 and do have some bad rounds where some days i cant hit the ball at all and get that pissed off that i lose interest.. Just stick with it..:):)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

This thread is a classic case of 'Troll and Error'.
    Desist, for sanity's sake, desist!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

conno16 wrote: »
    I am considering retiring from the game after a disastrous outing in a local competition over the weekend.
    After shooting a miserable 126 i think i need to look at a different sport

i did try to digest some of the bob rotella books afterwards in an attempt to refocus but found myself even more disillussioned

i have the game and all the necessary equipment to play off very low digits (target is under 5 this year) but there does seem to be something crucial missing.

Please advise.

It may well be that you don't.
    This may be the answer,you'll find you'll attract a different caliber co-player and widen your social circle among other things,helping to keep you occupied when you do retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Clearly your only hope to shoot lower scores is to play less holes.
    In an effort to help, have a week off from boards to practice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement