Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Challenge III (Hacking Challenge)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MS10-061&aq=f shows what it may have involved, these are similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Working on the challenge at the mo. Will hopefully have it up by tomorrow :)

Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

K - she's coded now. Definitely the most challenging challenge I've made so far, but it's certainly do-able. Not as difficult as your last challenge anyways Damo :) Just gunna setup the virtual server now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Looking forward to this.

Damo, while your next challenge sounded great, I suppose it is possible the machine could have been compromised by someone other than us, if it was vulnerable to an in the wild exploit code, thus resulting in headaches galore for you.

How about a linux-oriented attack challenge?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Looking forward to this.

Damo, while your next challenge sounded great, I suppose it is possible the machine could have been compromised by someone other than us, if it was vulnerable to an in the wild exploit code, thus resulting in headaches galore for you.

How about a linux-oriented attack challenge?

Yeah I was only gonna give access to people who sent me a PM and had done the previous challenges, but yeah some of the worms out there would have eventually scanned my IP range.. and boom!

Linux challenge looks interesting, but lets see what dlofnep's challenge has in store for now.

Advertisement