Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Fewcifur

Options
  • 24-04-2011 11:06pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tonight we welcome a man who's name always confused me until I met him before a beers and I heard it's proper pronunciation.

He's an artist and a writer and an all round nice guy, so please welcome Fewcifer into the Noclight...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

OK - I want to hear your favourites (with clips or pictures if possible):

Scene from a movie?

TV show?

Song?

Holiday?

What has been your favourite moment in sport ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh my, I forgot this was happening. Ok, game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh my, I forgot this was happening. Ok, game on!

Why did you join boards?

what is your earliest memory?

Do you believe in the supernatural?

What has been your favourite thread on boards?

What is your favourite website?

do you have any bad habits?

What is your biggest regret?

What age did you lose your virginity?

What would you most like to do if you were able?

Would you prefer to win the Euromillions or the Lotto?

Have you ever blacked out from drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

What was your previous boards name!
    Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Why do you always support Squirrel Girl against me?
    What is your superpower?
    Have you finished editing the podcast yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you thought you had half a chance to make it work, would you quit "reality" and become a full time artist?

If you could deliver a story in any medium (money/resources/staff no object) what would you choose and what sort of story would it be? e.g. one off sketch or TV series etc...

If you could arrange for one person to not have ever existed, who would it be and why? What would you think would be the implications of that person never having had existed?

Who's your favourite bass player?

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    OK - I want to hear your favourites (with clips or pictures if possible):

Scene from a movie?

TV show?

Song?

Holiday?

What has been your favourite moment in sport ever?

Damn those are tough questions!

Fave scene -

From the point the music starts to the point where the bad guy gets killed. Truly epic. The piece of music is emotive enough by itself to elevate the scene into legendary status, even just hearing it stirs all sorts of things within me, then you've got the young Mohican taking on a whole war party for the woman he's grown to love over the course of the movie. It's not gonna be all fairytale ending, far from it. But just so the audience isn't left on a low, his Dad goes and schools the remainder and gets revenge, and the final battle is so one-sided it's beautiful, it's like "you're nothing but a dog, so die like one" kinda vibe. You're left with sadness, but also a sense that there's goodness and honour in the world, that heroes exist etc. Scenery is also quite breath taking, and the fight scenes are no nonsense. Top bit.

TV Show? Hmmm... I can't but love South Park. It's completely my sense of humour, it pokes fun at everything, which I do, and when it comes to social commentary it's top notch. I'm always a bit disappointed when people just assume it's a show that gets cheap laughs from kids cursing, sure that was a big part of it in the first few episodes, but it's grown way beyond that. I can't really think of another show that's gone on so long and delivered such consistent laughs without either being stopped at it's peak (love Spaced, Extras etc, but there's not enough of them to get the top spot) or left go on too long (Scrubs is painfully unfunny now, Simpsons is a ghost of itself etc.) I'm sure there are some shows that I used to love, was always a big fan of Buffy, DS9 etc, but for some reason South Park is just speaking to me tonight.

Song - Ok, this is the toughest. It all depends on mood etc, but two songs that I love the expression behind...

Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips

Probably the band I've seen live the most amount of times. There's something nearly spiritual about seeing this song performed, and there's always bright lights and confetti explosions and it feels like the whole world just sparkles whenever they play it. Also, when it comes to chemistry, I know there's a spark when I have the urge to tell a girl "do you realize, you have the most beautiful face" I've never actually said it to a girl, but it goes off in my head like alarm bells :o

All of My Heart - ABC

As a songwriter, it always stops me dead whenever someone expresses something in a way that resonates so perfectly that I can't imagine expressing it better. Unrequited love for a friend? This song right here. Plus it's 80s tastic!

Holiday - I went to South Africa with my rugby team, many moons ago at this stage. It was amazing really, every day of it was worth remembering. I've had so many great holidays with my best buds etc. but while we were tour I think the whole team got on great. We played our rugby, visited a township, did all the African cultural stuff, went out to Robben Island, went on a lil safari, and got to really see life in the country in a way I don't think you can achieve by just being a tourist. We'd play a match against a team and then hang out with them for the day/night, having the craic, and getting to know them. There's a certain bond created when you face-off against a guy and then buy him a beer afterwards, it was just really nice getting to know the culture. Plus it was epic fun in a stereotypical rugby team on tour kinda way, normally I wouldn't be down for rowdiness etc, but yeah, great times.

Favourite Sporting Moment - Winning the grand slam a few years back, just when Wales missed the kick. I was living in Germany at the time and people barely knew what rugby was, but for the small amount of Irish that were in that bar... ah, it was such a surge of national pride, kinda need something like that now.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Why did you join boards?

what is your earliest memory?

Do you believe in the supernatural?

What has been your favourite thread on boards?

What is your favourite website?

do you have any bad habits?

What is your biggest regret?

What age did you lose your virginity?

What would you most like to do if you were able?

Would you prefer to win the Euromillions or the Lotto?

Have you ever blacked out from drinking?

I think I joined boards when I started college, must be 10 years ago at this stage. Actually, I may have joined it before that but saw no purpose to it, but I got hooked on bitching about the university I attended :D

I have a lot of memories of playing on the floor in my living room, but they've kinda all amalgamated. Oh ok, I think I have one... when my sister was born! I would have been three at the time. I remember visiting my mother in hospital and saying hello to my little sister. And she brought me a present of walkie talkies in the shape of robots. I remember being disappointed that they weren't actually Transformers, but then soon got over that when I figured out I could have walkie-talkie fun. To this day I've never asked how she managed to purchase such things while in my mother's womb... this being before the invention of smart phones.

Nope, I don't. Until something happens to make me believe otherwise. And the thing is, I've an insanely active imagination, I could be walking home late at night with not another soul awake and I'd picture a werewolf stalking across the carpark after me, but, even though I'd give myself the heebeejeebees, I'd still know that was just my imagination. I got major street cred back in my cub scout days when I walked through this apparently super haunted place on my own because the ghost walk had left without me. :)

Favourite thread on boards? Hmmm... I really enjoy the tournament threads, LZ's ones were epic back in the day and Galva's current one seems to be a return to form, but I guess for passive enjoyment it's gotsta be Nocturnal Nerds, people post such fantastically clever pictures there.

I suppose Facebook is probably the website I use most, and through it I access other websites when people post links. :)

Bad habits... hmmm... depends what you call bad habits, there are things I do that annoy me, yet other people think they're great and vice versa. For instance I hate the fact that I have too many creative projects on the go, I can't focus on one, so at the moment I have a chapter left to write in my second novel, but instead of just writing it I've begun writing short stories that tie in with my trilogy and I've started recording an album... but oh oh oh, no, when I actually go to record my album I'll fecking start designing a website or something. That annoys me, yet a co-worker thinks it's great that I'm juggling so many balls at once.
    I procrastinate a fair bit, that's a pretty bad habit. Oh, I mumble a lot, that's certainly a bad habit, I never really realised I did it and then when I found out it seems that most of the people I knew just kinda smiled and nodded when they didn't understand me. ugh.

Biggest regret - When I was 15 I made friends with this girl online. This was before Facebook etc, so it was just chatting on some chat site. Actually it was a site me and my friends used to go onto to slag Westlife fans (it was Sligochat.ie or something like that) anyhows, started chatting to this girl and we got on great. Then we'd be chatting on MSN, then we became pen pals with letters etc. She lived in England and we were too young to plan any major adventures, so that's how it stayed. Really got on with her better than most people I've known in my life. Anyhows, I found out she was telling people she had a boyfriend... me... and I didn't react very well. It just struck me as weird that she'd turn people down in real life because she had an online friend, and I was immature as most teenage boys are and I just started ignoring her etc. Which was really mean. So she disappeared out of my life. Years later I apologized fully, but I guess she'd cut me out of her life by then. Added her on Facebook last year, she's gotten on with her life and seems to be in an awesome relationship, which is good, but we never really speak anymore, and I genuinely regret the pain I caused her all those years ago. That's probably one of my very very few lasting regrets in life.

Virginity - I think it was 19 or 20. I remember exactly how it happened, and with who, and where, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly when. Summer time I'm feeling... I'm sure I could dig up old diaries and find the exact date, and thus my age, but sure 19/20 is pretty similar.

What would I most life to do? Hmmm... I'd probably educate all the idiots living in Ireland to stop the creation of further idiots. It's gotten to the stage where there are so many stupid skangers that it feels like we're at tipping point. If there was a better system in place to go "actually, spitting into someone's face is not an acceptable way to argue" wow, that'd be great. I'm by no means saying "I wish we lived in an island of intellectuals" because I don't have any notions of myself discussing the finer points of Chomsky's latest theory etc., I just wish there were less skangers. If guidance is impossible I guess I wouldn't be opposed to genocide.

Euromillions! If I won the lotto I'd give most of it away anyway, so the Euromillions would just mean I'd have more to give away.

Blacked out? Probably. Or, well, yeah I'm sure I have, though in a quickly falling asleep way, I don't think I've ever had a dramatic collapse and unconscious vibe goin' on.

Damn, I'm really typing way too much for these answers.

reallyrose wrote: »
    What was your previous boards name!
    Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DITjournoSoc :pac:

• Advertisement

Why do you always support Squirrel Girl against me?
    What is your superpower?
    Have you finished editing the podcast yet?

Because I think she's a funny character and I also think it's a bit odd that you keep putting a version of yourself into all the tournaments. It's also more of a challenge getting her to win :)

Observation.

Yeah, podcast imploded. The food section had a recording mishap where it only recorded Rose, so that didn't work, then Pter's Nerin&Kharn bit didn't happen and neither did the random chat bit. In the end the only actual piece of audio we had was the comic book chat we had and that wasn't enough on it's own. I'd love to get another one up and running, but I think a software check and clear timeline is needed.

Kharn wrote: »
    If you thought you had half a chance to make it work, would you quit "reality" and become a full time artist?

If you could deliver a story in any medium (money/resources/staff no object) what would you choose and what sort of story would it be? e.g. one off sketch or TV series etc...

If you could arrange for one person to not have ever existed, who would it be and why? What would you think would be the implications of that person never having had existed?

I definitely would. I was prepared to drop my life here and move abroad with the band but the other lads weren't ready to make the leap and then I found myself in a decent job and that kinda fizzled out. I dropped out of engineering and did a lot of soul searching and realised I always loved to write, so doing a degree in journalism was more about keeping my brain active while I wrote books than it was about actually wanting to be a journalist. Currently waiting on feedback from publishers, if there was even a hint of positivity I'd be prepared to pack everything in and commit myself full time, even if it meant doing without pretty things :)

I think I'd deliver it as a TV series. I like the episodic nature of TV and the way you can use the gap between episodes as a really effective tool. In my head I'm thinking "I'd love my books to be made into a TV series", but, putting such self indulgent ideas aside, His Dark Materials, Abhorsen Trilogy and some of Neil Gaiman's books definitely deserve a "money is no object" treatment.

I'd probably eliminate *holds breath for a moment* Jesus. If only for a "what would have happened" curiosity. Taking into account my previous statement of not believe in the supernatural etc. ... hmm... eh... I'm just curious to see if he was a prophet who was in the right place at the right time, or was he a unique entity?
    Were all the prophets who followed imitators or would they have happened anyway? What would the world look like now? Would there be more or less wars... was the power of the Catholic Church somewhat of a stabilizing element or did it act as a sort of world power allowing for greater slaughter? Would there be any super religion if the Roman Empire hadn't embraced Christianity? Would we all currently be still pagan? Would the lack of Christianity help or hinder the progress of humanity in terms of science and culture? How much of our concept of common decency is informed by the church and would we all just be killing each other etc? What shape would the modern world be in now?
    Really I think he's one historical figure that would change the world the most, and if his absence didn't drastically change the world, well, that'd be another question answered too. :)

Now I'm off to burn in hell.

Who's your favourite bass player?

It's a guy whose name I can never remember. He played loads of bass on stuff put out by Motown records, so think Jackson Five etc. Unbelievably good bass lines, but he was a session musician so douche bags like me never remember his name, but damn he had a way with a groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Do you still eat your chips with white sauce instead of ketchup?! And does it taste as rank as it looks? :p ooh, and what's your middle name?

shinikins wrote: »
    Do you still eat your chips with white sauce instead of ketchup?! And does it taste as rank as it looks? :p ooh, and what's your middle name?

You seem to have me at a disadvantage of knowing who I am.

If I was in Germany (or anywhere on the continent with the good sense to serve mayo with their fries) I would, but the mayo they have for chips is tastier than your regular Hellmans that you'd spread on a sangich here. These days I normally mix tomato ketchup and mayo on my plate to make an odd pink sauce of tastiness. And no, it's not rank, it's yummy!

My middle name is Emil.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Which artists, living or dead would be in your fantasy band?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Ever lick sombodies toe?

Ever poke somebody up the nose just for the sake of it?

Ever stay in bed all day and night and eat nothing but junk food?

Do you use a hairdryer to heat your toes in bed?

Describe your favourite Subway sandwich in detail?

How do you eat Bourbon Cream biscuits or Jammie Dodgers?

Ever pluck your eyebrows?

Would you ever get a back,sack and crack done for charity?

Polo mints or chewing gum to freshen breath?

Do ya miss meh? :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

when you are in creative mode, do you stop reading other books/ watching movies+tv while in that mode? Or do you have some other habits while creating?

5 creative folk that you admire, and why.

If you can read this, you're too close!

micayla wrote: »
    Which artists, living or dead would be in your fantasy band?

That's a tough one, I don't actually know the names of the people who produce the sounds I have in my head. I'm sure I could kick some google into action.

On bass it'd be that Motown session lad, but also yer one from The Talking Heads (that's right, two bass players.)

On drums I'd probably have Moon the loon, he seems to have more diversity than Bonham, though there are two many groovy drummers out there, it'd certainly be someone from the 70s anyhows :D

Vocals... I'd bust in a full grouping like The Temptations.

Guitar is a tricky beast... we're going down a certain line here and all the guitar legends are more rock based. Throw Pete Townshend into the mix. Nice. Rhythm I'd have Keith Richards maybe.

Keys... hmmm... would have to have keys. I'd probably ship in David Byrne, dunno if he even plays the keys, but damn he has a way with a melody.

I dunno what I'm going for here... I guess if you can picture it being danced to on Soul Train then I'd be content. :)

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ever lick sombodies toe?

Ever poke somebody up the nose just for the sake of it?

Ever stay in bed all day and night and eat nothing but junk food?

Do you use a hairdryer to heat your toes in bed?

Describe your favourite Subway sandwich in detail?

How do you eat Bourbon Cream biscuits or Jammie Dodgers?

Ever pluck your eyebrows?

Would you ever get a back,sack and crack done for charity?

Polo mints or chewing gum to freshen breath?

Do ya miss meh? :pac:

Toes - yes. A rugby coach one made an out of character remark to the lads about women loving their toes to be played with. Most of the time it's good advice :pac:

Yeah. Such things amuse meh :D

I'm sure I have. I'm tempted to do it today :P

A hairdryer? No, that's crazy talk, the only way for a long lasting heat is to warm them up slowly, and while they're warming up you have to pretend that you're sheltering from a storm in a cave. :)

My fave subway sandwich is a Tropical Sub. Mild curried chicken, pineapple, melted cheese, curry sauce, everything except olives and jalapenos. On Italian herbs and cheese. :)

Both biscuits need a good dunking in tea.

Nope, never saw the need and would be afraid of them growing back like crazah.

Back sack and crack eh? Sure, why not. Without pain how would we know pleasure?

Chewing gum. Though those lil smint things are good too.

I do I do-oo-oo

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    when you are in creative mode, do you stop reading other books/ watching movies+tv while in that mode? Or do you have some other habits while creating?

5 creative folk that you admire, and why.

With writing - I generally avoid reading anything similar to my own subject matter, so since my books are all werewolves and vampires etc, I avoid reading all such books. A class mate once guffawed and said "how can you hope to write about vampires when you haven't even read any of Ann Rice's novels?!" and my answer was "how could I expect to write my novel if I had?". Certain books can paralyze me completely, like after reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods I just couldn't imagine ever writing something so brilliant. Currently reading those Song of Ice & Fire books and very good at getting an aul insight in how to play with human nature.

Music - If I ever have a creative lull I'll just go out to some music club in Dublin and watch live music. Generally it's painfully generic and that fills me with a "I can do better" motivation. I'm very good at realising when it feels like I'm stealing a music idea, and then I just won't do it, so I've no problem listening to a load of music for inspiration, and a lot of my stuff has come from me writing another part to someone else's song and then working on it, so in the end it'll sound nothing like the original. Usually it's just a rhythm that makes me sing my own lil melody and words and I have a eureka moment.

5 folk...

Neil Gaiman - Because I don't know any other author who blows my mind so frequently.

David Bowie - The man has so many wonderful reinventions of himself and is still a cultural icon, and he's kept some dignity in his old age.

Raymond Feist - How many series has the man produced at this stage, I mean he's a damn writing machine. It must have nearly killed him just to get Magician finished, never mind the trilogy or the 2nd trilogy or the 3rd.. and is that a 4th he's working on!?

Terry Pratchett - Damn the man delivers consistently good novels in his very own style.

Alan Moore - For making some damn fine graphic novels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

That time you made a thread and asked the mods to delete it.... WHAT DID IT SAY? :D

Would you shift your boss for a raise? (I'm talkin' wages you smutty smutterson)

How do you like your eggs in the morning?

Ever dyed your hair?

How do you get rid of the smell of skunk?

Would you rather go on the p1ss with Jack Black or Dave Grohl?

That time you made a thread and asked the mods to delete it.... WHAT DID IT SAY? :D

Would you shift your boss for a raise? (I'm talkin' wages you smutty smutterson)

How do you like your eggs in the morning?

Ever dyed your hair?

How do you get rid of the smell of skunk?

Would you rather go on the p1ss with Jack Black or Dave Grohl?

I can't remember. I know it was something unimportant but it turned into a fun time social experiment. It was either posted in the wrong forum or posted using the wrong username. Something silly like that.

Depends how much of a raise really. I've done worse things for dares.

Dunno really, I'm sure there are great ways I've never sampled. Eggs benedict sounds good, though I've never had it. Hard to beat a soft boiled egg with toasted soldiers with real butter... dip and nyom :)

Yeah, I've dyed it a few times. Once it was blonde. Once it was that surfer kinda blonde highlights style.

Apparently the key is to act fast. The sooner you clean the target zone the better. Use something like vinegar or citrus stuff to cut through the natural skunk oil.

Tough call, I'd say there's a high chance that they're both weiners in person. I'd choose Jack black, at least if he irritated me I could beat on him for making Tenacious D muck, plus he might actually still have some genuine humour in him. With Grohl I'd be reduced to asking why his music production has been slowly slipping for so long. Or I'd ask him about Kurt Cobain and Josh Homme. It's actually a tough call between the two. I think Jack Black has more potential for being really great or really annoying, whereas Dave might just be meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I can't remember. I know it was something unimportant but it turned into a fun time social experiment. It was either posted in the wrong forum or posted using the wrong username. Something silly like that.

Conspiracy >.<

Crunchy or smooth peanut butter?

You've just scored a girl, you wake up in the morning, she goes into the bathroom to powder her nose and you notice her passport lying on the floor. SHE'S 16!!! What do you do?

Who would you rather have narrate your life, Dave Lamb or Morgan Freeman?

Do you ever talk to yourself?

Would you shave your head for charity?

You've been forced to make a bucket list: name 5 things you'd put on it?

Watcha doooooin'?

Conspiracy >.<

Crunchy or smooth peanut butter?

You've just scored a girl, you wake up in the morning, she goes into the bathroom to powder her nose and you notice her passport lying on the floor. SHE'S 16!!! What do you do?

Who would you rather have narrate your life, Dave Lamb or Morgan Freeman?

Do you ever talk to yourself?

Would you shave your head for charity?

You've been forced to make a bucket list: name 5 things you'd put on it?

Watcha doooooin'?

Really depends on what I'm using it for. At the moment it's that new organic stuff that's being advertised on TV. It was either that or Panda... so at the moment it's super chunky, I think this stuff even has the skins in there for good measure. It's the kind of peanut butter that you eat and it sticks to your whole mouth and you need milk. STAT!

Ok... I'll take it that score means smooching (though I'm worried at her staying the night if we're just smoochin'.) Obviously she didn't look 16 or I wouldn't have scored her, so I wouldn't feel too bad, but I'd also be pretty sure to get rid of her as soon as possible but in the nicest way possible. The last thing you need is a puppy dog crush or an angry scorned teenager.

I had to google David Lamb... does he do Come Dine With Me? Either way, regardless of who he is I reckon I'd have to go for Morgan, he'd make everything classy, even it was just me taking my penguin for a walk.

I talk to myself all the time.

If it was a good charity, then yeah, probably, but the hair is constantly getting shorter anyhows, it's no longer down to my shoulders and impressive, now it's probably just a year or two away from unavoidably bald :p

Bucket List...

Publish a book
    Fall in love
    Father a child
    Compile everything I've ever written
    Make a detailed and awesome Will.

I'm currently cooking food for the next few days. I'm in an oddly motivated mood at the mo, so I've already cooked a massive pot of soup and I'm now marinating a load of chicken for lunches. :)

Note: Some of these may not be mine but ye can feicin well answer them anyway! :p

Do you have an innie or an outie?

What's the meanest thing you have ever said to some one?

Ever worn make up?

Is there any food you absolutely hate?

What the most annoying thing someone can do in your presence?

Do you always wash your hands after doing a pee-pee...EVERY time?

Name a celebrity crush you wouldn't want folks knowing about?

Did you ever google blue waffle or lemon party after a friend advised you too?

Did you then smack that friend round the head?

If you could go back and relive any decade in life...which would it be and why?

Ever dyed your hair?

Do you still own any teddy bears and keep them in your room?

Ever attempt to try and smell your own toes?

Is Rolf Harris a genuinely nice slightly eccentric man or an evil psycopath in disguise?
    rolf.jpg

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Note: Some of these may not be mine but ye can feicin well answer them anyway! :p

Do you have an innie or an outie?

What's the meanest thing you have ever said to some one?

Ever worn make up?

Is there any food you absolutely hate?

What the most annoying thing someone can do in your presence?

Do you always wash your hands after doing a pee-pee...EVERY time?

Name a celebrity crush you wouldn't want folks knowing about?

Did you ever google blue waffle or lemon party after a friend advised you too?

Did you then smack that friend round the head?

If you could go back and relive any decade in life...which would it be and why?

Ever dyed your hair?

Do you still own any teddy bears and keep them in your room?

Ever attempt to try and smell your own toes?

Is Rolf Harris a genuinely nice slightly eccentric man or an evil psycopath in disguise?
    rolf.jpg

Innie.

I can't remember saying anything mean, but I've definitely done mean stuff. I haven't done anything genuinely mean in quite a long time, despite the claims.

I'm sure I have, certainly for random stuff on stage, for Halloween, I'm sure I've had flowers drawn on my face for festivals and stuff. Yeah.

I'm quite tactile with my food dislikes, so, anything slimey or wiggly is probably a no go. Jelly yes, octopus no.

Heh, I'm sure I could saying lying etc, but, I really dislike people looking over my shoulder, especially if it involves telling me how to do something on a computer. Y'know those saps that'd be like "cancel the program, press the X in the corner, look right there" and all the while you're thinking "yes, I do know how to do basic windows operations, you annoying ****TARD!"

Yup every time. There's no reason not to, and many reasons to.

I think my celebrity crushes are all pretty acceptable. Zooey Deschanel, Maggie Gyllenhal (ok, so nowadays she's a bit of a skeleton, but she used to be amazing). I think the only one that people might be outraged at is that Vogue girl from Fade Street. She was getting so much abuse for being a man, but the girl was the only one who came away from that show without looking like a complete knob and she has legs that stretch up to infinity. I assumed she was super tall, but she's not even 6ft, so it's obviously an optical illusion, but anyhows, yes, I know some people say she's a man, but she's hot. Though certainly not one of my faves. :)

No, I never googled it. I assume it's some sort of infected vagina or something. Same with two girls one cup... never really bothered.

Nope. Violence is bad, m'kay.

Live any decade in my life, or, life in general? Jeez I'm not that old. I guess I'd go back to the 60s, live it up as a hippy and enjoy the awesome music... and then wait for the even more awesome music of the early 70s :D

Answered above.

I think there are some back in my parents house. I'm a fan of talking to myself, but it's less crazy to do it to a bear :P Though I think at this stage I've sent most of my bears to infiltrate my sister's collection. :)

Yeah probably. I generally go through life like one of those aliens who's just landed on the planet, I'm all about touching stuff and smelling stuff and taking things apart to see how they work etc.

I imagine he's genuinely nice. He's been in the game too long to be a fake and he does seem to really enjoy his path.

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

if you were a super-powered crime fighter, what would your codename be and what powers would you have?

are you a disciplined writer or do you just write as you please?

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    if you were a super-powered crime fighter, what would your codename be and what powers would you have?

are you a disciplined writer or do you just write as you please?

I'd be the mudatruckin' Juggernaut, biiiiiiiitch! :)

I'm disciplined in someways, bold in others. I used to have at least three projects on the go at the one time, which meant I never actually got anything finished. The disicipline I found was to just focus on one book, and even if I didn't feel like writing it I'd force myself to just look at it, even if my head was swimming with ideas for something else.

• Advertisement

What colour of skittles do you like the most?

Ever farted during sexytimes?

Best Christmas present you ever got?

What would you like your last meal and drink in life to be?

Last time you cried?

Would you rather lose an arm or leg?

If you could hop on a plane and go anywhere in the world right now....were would you like to go and why?

Ever drop a phone down the loo or anything down the loo other than...poo? :pac:

Describe yourself in 4 words

Pick 10 people from the Nocturnal Forum and give them each a superpower of some sort and say why

Ninjas or pirates......which is cooler?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement