Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Austin's new show with JR was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Austin's new show with JR was hilarious.

What new show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

cena wrote: »
    What new show?

He means the latest episode of Austin's podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

I thought I missed something on one of the podcasts. That is why I asked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Drew McIntrye is on Jericho's podcast later this week.

A return of one of my favourite podcasts even if it is half soccer :P:
    This week we talk the opening round of games in the World Cup and their implications on the groups, the current state of the union in WWE and some UK indy action with a brief review of RevPro's London show this weekend. Check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/facesforradio/facesforradio66

http://uploaded.net/file/0bssrm7u

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Listened to recently:

New Generation Project's review of WrestleMania XI. I have a soft spot for this Mania for the nostalgia but it's pretty bad. Shawn making himsepf the star of his Diesel match is the only thing worth rewatching.

Atttude Era's review of Royal Rumble 2000. This is a bit overrated as outside the Street Fight the rest doesn't hold up much. Really good episode though as they all loved it.

An interview with Bryan Alvarez about his WCW book on Piledrive Wrestling:
    http://www.piledriverwrestling.net/index.php/audiomain/piledriver-wrestling-audio-show-weekly/1576-piledriver-wrestling-audio-show-85-death-of-wcw-special

Content warning: he goes into shouty hyperbolic mode as it progresses on. Good otherwise.

Glad you posted this at the end of the day.

Quite enjoyed Alice Bradley's review of Raw with Lance Storm. http://rwrpodcast.com/

Worth a listen as there's some good general WWE and wrestling discussion beyond just what happened on Raw.

Alice is a good tonic to Cornette's caustic rants on his MLW show (latest one features a former WWE 'writer' which is alright).

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Hadn't listened to Attitude Era podcast before, really enjoying this. Almost in tears of laughter here hearing them describe the bikini contest.

• Advertisement

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Hadn't listened to Attitude Era podcast before, really enjoying this. Almost in tears of laughter here hearing them describe the bikini contest.

Aye, they've got the personalities like OSW which is nice. It helps too that they're not rampant sexists when this kinda shït comes up.

The stuff about Channel4's response is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Edge and Heyman on Jericho's podcast this week, quality stuff so far

Looking for something to listen to, are any of the recent PodcastOne podcasts good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Does a podcast require much equipment? i am thinking of doing an once off podcast with a friend.

I know can find this information out from Google but i want to know from here since there a few people that do podcasts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Moved this talk into the wrestling podcasts thread.
    mxph3 wrote: »
    Does a podcast require much equipment? i am thinking of doing an once off podcast with a friend. I know can find this information out from Google but i want to know from here since there a few people that do podcasts.

There's two sides to it, recording and uploading. Are you doing it in person or over skype? Try do it in person (as the banter will be far better). You'll need some kind of USB mic. You can record it via a free program (eg Audition) and convert it to a .mp3 (I use iTunes - free & properly converts to mono). Hosting it is a different matter. If it's a one off, you could use http://www.soundcloud.com. The PW Boards podcast uses http://www.mixcloud.com/ and I use http://www.hipcast.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Well, my laptop has a built-in microphone but i am willing to get a USB mic around €10 price range, if a built-in microphone is not good for podcasting.

What is difference between doing it in person and on Skype? i think we might use Skype.

Record in a room with carpet and other such soft stuff (eg. couches, books) that will absorb the sound. Anywhere but a kitchen/bathroom etc. as the wound will bounce off of surfaces like tile and wood giving a load of echo and making it sound crap.

Well, my laptop has a built-in microphone but i am willing to get a USB mic around €10 price range, if a built-in microphone is not good for podcasting.

What is difference between doing it in person and on Skype? i think we might use Skype.

People are less likely to talk over one another in person vs. Skype. Also sound quality will he better in person.

Does a podcast require much equipment? i am thinking of doing an once off podcast with a friend.

I know can find this information out from Google but i want to know from here since there a few people that do podcasts.

If you get into doing it regularly, look into getting yourself a studii :pac:

5uxKyk.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Massive, to the flow. Conversation is ten times smoother/more natural talking in person. It's also easier to bounce ideas off if someone's actually there. Over skype is generally more sterile, like you'd never forget you're doing a pod if you're talking into a mic and looking at a screen, rather than talking directly to a person. Some people can make it sound natural but if you can avoid it you should.

• Advertisement

Looking for something to listen to, are any of the recent PodcastOne podcasts good?

Listened ti Aldo Montoya on Austin's podcast. Since he didn't have much of a career worth talking about outside of a run at the top in ECW un its dying days, the highlight is talking about his drug addictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I love Stone Cold. In his Vince Russo episode he was heaping praise on "soccer".

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Quite enjoyed Alice Bradley's review of Raw with Lance Storm. http://rwrpodcast.com/

Worth a listen as there's some good general WWE and wrestling discussion beyond just what happened on Raw.

Alice is a good tonic to Cornette's caustic rants on his MLW show (latest one features a former WWE 'writer' which is alright).
    I thought she and MLW parted ways? I maybe in the minority but I turn off as soon as she speaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Finished the Jericho Edge/Heyman part 1, really really enjoyed it despite the fact it was recorded just after Mania. Good craic, the joke at Jerry Lawlers expense was very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭briany

Vince Russo, it's no wonder he gets a lot of heat. He is one verbose 'Noo-Yawkah'. Fun to hear him talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

briany wrote: »
    Vince Russo, it's no wonder he gets a lot of heat. He is one verbose 'Noo-Yawkah'. Fun to hear him talk.

I thought he was very good on Austin's podcast. I can see why him and Corny had such a bad relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭briany

Garseys wrote: »
    I thought he was very good on Austin's podcast. I can see why him and Corny had such a bad relationship.

Russo and Cornette are two guys you'd rarely hear a neutral opinion on from the people who've worked with them, it's not much wonder their relationship is antipathetic. I didn't know that Cornette was booking in the early to mid 90s though. Some of the gimmicks back then were indeed awful. Corny and Pritchard need to take some accountability for that, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I thought she and MLW parted ways? I maybe in the minority but I turn off as soon as she speaks

She is terrible and knows nothing about wrestling.

Illustrious seems to be Austin's new favourite word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I cannot listen to Jerichos podcast anymore. He is so unbelievably annoying and the amount of filler crap at the start tears it for me. 20 minutes of the Daniel Bryan one at the start. Hell with that.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I cannot listen to Jerichos podcast anymore. He is so unbelievably annoying and the amount of filler crap at the start tears it for me. 20 minutes of the Daniel Bryan one at the start. Hell with that.

The 2 parter with Edge and Paul Heyman was utterly fantastic.

Advertisement