Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy the Sun newspaper in Lidl tomorrow and get a free box of choclates

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Buy the Sun newspaper tomorrow in any Lidl store and get a free box of choclates. :D I don't know what size / type of choclates they are but they're free.:P

Enjoy

DC

Mod warning: Read this first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks for the tip I get that paper anyway so som chocolate free will be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

If you have to buy a newspaper to get them then they are not free :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How much is The Sun?
    What's the smallest box of chocolates Lidl sell (weight)? How much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I'll take the chocolates but they can keep the rag. :D

Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

As tfitzgerald said, if hes already buying the newspaper then the choclates are FREE;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks, Decoda.

While there check out Lidl's Saturday Specials:
    Spanish Tarragona Gran Reserva wine for €3 and Noblissima (Lidl's version of Vienetta) Ice Cream Dessert for 49c: http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ie/hs.xsl/5980.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Forget "free" chocolates ....

boycott_the_sun.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

RayCon wrote: »

boycott_the_sun.jpg
    Jaysus are they still going on about that?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They've done this a couple of times, first time it was

IE_05104_99_b.jpg.

Second was

J-D-Gross-Sea-Shells-40630-big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Oddly enough they are still going on about that. What with 96 people dying and that rag publishing a load of lies.

If they were giving away free cars with that rag I wouldn't buy that piece of sh*t they call a newspaper.

Worst part is I see people wearing Liverpool jerseys buying it too. No business wearing the shirt if you buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For the anti-sun mindset, consider it a really cheap €1.50 box of chocolates with free toilet paper.

Just out of interest how much is The Sun now anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ct89

Tits and chocolates, OM NOM NOM!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oracle wrote: »
    Just out of interest how much is The Sun now anyway?

I already asked that already, seems nobody buys it. €1 according to tesco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

TheChevron wrote: »
    Jaysus are they still going on about that?:rolleyes:
    Yes people are and rightfully so. I doubt you'll take the time to educate yourself on why but on the off-chance someone else might, here is a place to start.
    Mr E wrote:
    free toilet paper
    Just watch out for the print stains on your rear end ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Thanks, Decoda.

While there check out Lidl's Saturday Specials:
    Spanish Tarragona Gran Reserva wine for €3 and Noblissima (Lidl's version of Vienetta) Ice Cream Dessert for 49c: http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ie/hs.xsl/5980.htm

thats the NI website...prices are in pounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

hearny wrote: »
    Oddly enough they are still going on about that. What with 96 people dying and that rag publishing a load of lies.

If they were giving away free cars with that rag I wouldn't buy that piece of sh*t they call a newspaper.

Worst part is I see people wearing Liverpool jerseys buying it too. No business wearing the shirt if you buy it.

Some people might question what business Irish people have wearing a Liverpool shirt, or indeed that of any other Premier League club, but I suppose that's a different matter.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    thats the NI website...prices are in pounds...

opps! :o .... it's €4.50 for the wine, not sure about the ice cream, they've changed the web site to show next weeks specials.

The Sun with chocs for €1 is a good deal, but only because those chocs are normally €2.50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

RayCon wrote: »

boycott_the_sun.jpg

well said RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Some people might question what business Irish people have wearing a Liverpool shirt, or indeed that of any other Premier League club, but I suppose that's a different matter.

Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

hearny wrote: »

What part of Liverpool are you from hearny ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Oh yawn.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

They wear the shirt because they support the club. Is that difficult to understand for some reason?
    Why does anyone have to be from Liverpool to see that newspaper for what it is? A few functioning brain cells should be enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No more off-topic posts please about TheSun/Liverpool.

Bargain alerts is not the place for it. If you dont like the sun, this thread isnt for you, just dont buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Malice wrote: »
    They wear the shirt because they support the club. Is that difficult to understand for some reason?

Why does anyone have to be from Liverpool to see that newspaper for what it is? A few functioning brain cells should be enough.
    I personaly wouldnt buy the paper but it amuses me to see people getting in a flap over the reasons that they wouldnt buy it :rolleyes:
    Hillsboro me ring !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Davy is right,
    if you dont want to buy it, then dont buy it. it should be everyones choice. its a bargain alert forum we are in lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I personaly wouldnt buy the paper but it amuses me to see people getting in a flap over the reasons that they wouldnt buy it :rolleyes:
    Hillsboro me ring !

It's Hillsborough Corky Thatcher:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

The Sun in England is giving a free Union Jack with every newspaper to celebrate Kate and Wills wedding.I'd love if they screwed up and put them in the Irish editions.The bar stool Republicans would blow a gasket!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭vectra

opps! :o .... it's €4.50 for the wine, not sure about the ice cream, they've changed the web site to show next weeks specials.

The Sun with chocs for €1 is a good deal, but only because those chocs are normally €2.50 :D

The ice cream is 65c I think and is damn nice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

Malice wrote: »

I suppose it boils down to what you call a 'supporter'.

Is it a lad who stuffs himself into a replica shirt and goes down the pub for Super Sunday each weekend, perhaps even making it across the Irish Sea once or twice a season?

Or is it somebody who actually goes to games on a regular basis, supporting his or her team because it actually represents the area they're from, as opposed to some side they picked from the telly because it was the one that was winning all around them when said 'fan' was a youngster?

Anyway, the Sun is a product, same as any other. You either like it, or you don't, and I can see plenty of reasons for the latter stance.

But least among them would be some ridiculous - and, quite frankly, poseurish - concept of 'solidarity' with Liverpudlians who were insulted back in 1989.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement