Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

23 year old male looking to lose bf%

Options
  • 19-04-2011 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all

Im new to this but here goes
    the last year or so have let myself go be doin no exercise and not caring wat i eat im 23 weigh bout 80 kg but with a belly which i have been told is body fat percent
    i have only recently started a diet plan which i dont think is the best because i dont really know all the proper food to be eating i think i need to add different types of food to add into to it but unsure of what to add in an what not to add in using one of them online bf% tests it said i was 32 which is obese so they say

breakfast = oats with banana tea spoon of honey or scrambled egg using 5 whites to one yellow

lunch pasta with tuna peppers an a piece of fruit / or protein shake with oats

dinner = boiled/grilled chicken/pork brown rice drizzled with sweet chilli sauce or red meat sirlion steak 2 medium baked potato with loads of greens peas carrots ect

snack= protein shake or a salad with chicken light mayo and piece of fruit

all my protein shakes are with water or skimmed milk
    im going away in july what would be a reasonable amount of bf% to loose between now an then
    ive also started jogging with short sprints in between maybe a fast walk to catch my breath an im doing some strength training upper body mainly low weights seens as im only starting and i also do crunches too but know that wont show till i remove my bf%

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

irishsteve wrote: »
    hi all

Im new to this but here goes
    the last year or so have let myself go be doin no exercise and not caring wat i eat im 23 weigh bout 80 kg but with a belly which i have been told is body fat percent
    i have only recently started a diet plan which i dont think is the best because i dont really know all the proper food to be eating i think i need to add different types of food to add into to it but unsure of what to add in an what not to add in using one of them online bf% tests it said i was 32 which is obese so they say

breakfast = oats with banana tea spoon of honey or scrambled egg using 5 whites to one yellow

lunch pasta with tuna peppers an a piece of fruit / or protein shake with oats

dinner = boiled/grilled chicken/pork brown rice drizzled with sweet chilli sauce or red meat sirlion steak 2 medium baked potato with loads of greens peas carrots ect

snack= protein shake or a salad with chicken light mayo and piece of fruit

all my protein shakes are with water or skimmed milk
    im going away in july what would be a reasonable amount of bf% to loose between now an then
    ive also started jogging with short sprints in between maybe a fast walk to catch my breath an im doing some strength training upper body mainly low weights seens as im only starting and i also do crunches too but know that wont show till i remove my bf%

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

youve got to be a bit specific portion wise.....otherwise we cant tell if your overeating and by how much

but as a starter

cut the banana out in the morning...go for a few nuts in your porridge instead..its more filling too :D

get rid of any sauces that you didn't make yourself ( a little bit of relish is ok depending)..

eat less carbs basically.....your diet lacks fat & dairy from what i can see..cut the pasta size and add some cheese to your lunch

be careful when choosing which fruit & veg.....you want to eat lots of veg but use more of the the ones with less carbs & sugar.. many people's opinions will vary in this but imo less fruit more veg for weight loss

drink plenty of water

hope that helps some bit OP:)

Advertisement