Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Aftermath Thread *Spoilers/Results*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just watched the Angle match earlier and the Lethal Lockdown as well.

Gotta hand it to Kurt, the guy really gives it his all, the 5 german suplexes in a row was class and I really feared for him after the powerbomb spot, looked like the ref did too.

I was completely surprised by the moonsault too, really giving it all and then some. Seems like he really brings it in the cage matches, his last one with Anderson was a definite MOTY too. Also I lol'd at Steiner flinging the chair and catching the ring announcer and So Cal Val by surprise :D

Lethal lockdown was pretty good too, Daniels was lucky he didn't fall of the cage that time and his cross body off the top of it was something else.

A much better show than WM for sure. Will start watching Impact again after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Thought it was a decent show overall (pointless stipulations aside), better than Wrestlemania. The knockouts title match annoyed me tho. You have the knockout with the longest title reign and what do you do? Have her lose in what, under a minute?

Mickie really is hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Mickie really is hurt.

So why put the belt on her? Should have been a draw - I know TNA have had draws done to death this year, but would make sense here as then technically Mickie didn't lose the match so wouldn't have to get the Christopher Daniels haircut, yet an injured talent doesn't walk out with the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Angle will die in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    So why put the belt on her? Should have been a draw - I know TNA have had draws done to death this year, but would make sense here as then technically Mickie didn't lose the match so wouldn't have to get the Christopher Daniels haircut, yet an injured talent doesn't walk out with the title.

People would've moaned more about a draw than a thirty second match. They advertised the match and I assume they felt they had to deliver it. They did the right thing instead of delaying the inevitable and I assume Mickie will be ready by Sacrifice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

To be honest, I'd be as concerned as anyone for wrestlers' health but from the replay that actually worked out more like an avalanche frankensteiner than anything, his body has flipped through completely by the time his forehead lands so apart from a bit of selling on his part I'm not surprised he was back up hitting a high risk maneuvre moments later.

If he had been vertical or landed on the top/back of his head there would have been a big risk of injury, but as it happened there are plenty death valley bomb/driver variations still used in TNA regularly that pose a much greater risk of serious neck injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mickie shouldnt be allowed in a wrestling ring at all imo, she makes so many botches that she's a threat not only to her own safety, but her opponents' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is on the challenge channel tonight at 10pm

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was surprised how easy i could watch a ppv filled with cage match. No stellar bouts but way above the horrific quality TNA has been having over the last year. My main gripe is that most matches weren't decisive victories at all, everything's gonna bleed into next month etc etc....so the big PPV of the year is just another PPV. Well hopefully!

I wasn't happy about the Mickie James match. Clearly she's injured but thanks to the super-stip she has to win the match...I would've hoped that TNA could've booked their way around it by 1) doing an impromptu 2nd match to give Rayne her belt back, or better 2) have Rayne just cut a bit of her hair. (not shave it).

Like the women's division in TNA (under Rayne) has been treated better than it has for the last few years, really....shame to see it end.

I could leave the X-D match and Lethal Lockdown, and the many arse-spots and blades in this PPV. I hate that male nudity is fine, but not female. Ric flair gushing buckets in his ripped street clothes is a disgrace.

Overall it was decent enough, which is a huge step up in my eyes from the standard.

Advertisement