Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swallowed up in the mist

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

1 Bde Track and Field (aka Munster + Galway)

Ran both the 3,000m and the 800m in the Medally Relay.

In the 3,000m I went out and set the pace, after the first two laps I knew the guy behind me was just sitting in waiting for the last lap. I toyed with the pace, running everything from 69s to 82s but no dice. He sat in and kicked with 100 to go. Not much you can do with the kind of tactics. He knew what he was dealing with. We'll see how good he really is when we run in the mountains...
    Ran 9:43, which is pretty poor by all acounts

Next up was the medally relay. Got the baton in 2nd and took us across the loine for 2nd. Not too bad. Ran 2:22 (1:09, 1:13).

All and all, disappointed. Hopefully this was the kick up the arse that I need to get back training....

Frustrated with running and just not feeling the buzz, decided to mix things up a little and head further west.

Friday - Route Marching in the Mamturks. They are bloody serious mountains. Stuck to the Western Way. Mentioned it to a few guys I was with and they said if I want more serious stuff, that we can get more serious stuff. Wasn't a creasing session - but I kinda turned it into one. Light weight, but walked hard and did one of the road climbs twice.

Saturday - Frustrated with life. Bus and boat to Inishbofin. When on Bofin - only one thing to do!
    Sadly, I forgot both a head torch (no nightO) and map bags (no map... it fell apart mid run... didn't exactly stop me :P)

Come on motivation, you son of a beep. I know your in there somewhere.
    I will keep bring you to mad, weird and wonderful places until your jumping out of the bed in the morning to go training.

The mind is weak. The body is weaker. I should be livid I lost the 3,000m on Wed, but its apathy towards it.

I'm getting annoyed that I don't care. Which is weird.

How in the name of TG does one sleep in on Bofin!!

Slept in. Late breakfast. Got out on the terrain... Got into it after a control. Didn't want to leave!
    Had to cut the run short so I could catch the boat.

What I did - Map. What I should have done - Map

What I could have done.
    Lunsen (really really scary swedish map). Gueorgiou (the king!). Night (10m visibility). Enough said. Map

Hectic two weeks in work. A week in Wicklow, somewhere south of Lug. Iron bridge area - no map so didn't have a notion where I was. Awesome area non the less. North of lug was nothing but sunshine.

outside.of work, training has been a wee bit of a NA.
    Raced Shamrock. Dropped out day 2.
    Ran All Army T&F 5k. Finished 2nd last in a time of 17:18.
    Since that horrific jog last Wednesday, I've put my feet up and chilled out. Body is tired so I'm sleeping lots.
    Finally felt normal again this morning, just in time for the Western Way. Most guys are going with water and rain jacket. I'm going full gear just to see how the body reacts. 100km of the good stuff in wilderness.
    Hopefully this will reboot my motivation to take on the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

south of lug, ironbridge... don't live too far from here. Its great country alright.

CoA this weekend? Though I note there isn't a director yet :(

• Advertisement

Don't think I'm anywhere near 2:30 shape at the moment.
    Be a good run though... I'll see if I'm that side of the country next weekend

Avonbeg is always tempting. +25km of open mountain bliss

Advertisement