Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Taubes and Sugar-Article

Options
  • 16-04-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Was mooching around the MDA forum and came across this link. Interesting article re: Sugar. I listened to a podcast recently (think it was jimmy moore) where Taubes was interviewed and he said his next project was on sugar.
    Enjoy......:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

Where'd it go!!??? :confused::confused::confused:

Ok here goes

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Damn hyperlink gremlins............:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

garry gets lots of things right all the time - his books are well worth a read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Here is the Lustig presentation cited by Taubes:

BOOM great link - might get a few less people dropping into the weight watchers thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I doubt it very much, Transform. There are "too many pro-points in milled flax" apparently. Best to have low-fat ice-cream instead.

• Advertisement

Tremelo wrote: »
    I doubt it very much, Transform. There are "too many pro-points in milled flax" apparently. Best to have low-fat ice-cream instead.
    havent weight watchers come out and stated that counting points does NOT work.

Nearly sure i heard that and an about turn in direction for them but they are still more focused on ways to sell crappy foods to the unsuspecting public.

the whole contagion effect of weight watchers alone would worry me i.e. are your friends making you fat?? Now THATS a good topic for a thread!

Advertisement