Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolsculpting

Options
  • 14-04-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

I've been hearing ads by River Medical lately for their "coolsculpting" procedure... it sounds interesting and I'm thinking of having it done. I'm wondering if anybody has had this done, what were your experiences? Does it work??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

I clicked on this thinking it might be something to do with ice sculptures. How sheltered am I?

What on earth is coolsculpting, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Morgase wrote: »
    I clicked on this thinking it might be something to do with ice sculptures. How sheltered am I?

What on earth is coolsculpting, OP?

"CoolSculpting is non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat from those stubborn areas that are resistant to diet and exercise, pregnancy pouches, love handles, muffin tops and back fat. CoolSculpting is FDA approved to reduce fat by up to 20% in these stubborn areas with NO surgery and NO downtime."

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Ok, so it isn't surgery. But what *is* it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"CoolSculpting is non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat from those stubborn areas that are resistant to diet and exercise, pregnancy pouches, love handles, muffin tops and back fat. CoolSculpting is FDA approved to reduce fat by up to 20% in these stubborn areas with NO surgery and NO downtime."

No such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 immachickbtw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi

I too am very interested in this procedure, i am wondering if anyone has it done and what at kind result did the procedure achieve?

Also I wonder how many procedures would be needed to achieve a satisfactory result.

I would love to hear from anyone who had this treatment

Molly

Hi Molly,

I had my consultation for coolsculpting this week with River Medical and it went really well, they said it would definately be suitable for me and I'm looking at getting the treatment in a few weeks. The staff there are really nice and friendly so I'd recommend you go for a free consultation too and get all the information you need :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Voluntarily giving yourself frostbite so that bits of your body die and fall off seems like the worst idea ever to me :eek:. Don't see the appeal, myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Voluntarily giving yourself frostbite so that bits of your body die and fall off seems like the worst idea ever to me :eek:. Don't see the appeal, myself.
    actually, it sounds like cryosurgery, which is a legitimate medical procedure. you can get it done for skin tags for example. so, no need to be alarmed, it's not the worst idea ever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Links234 wrote: »
    actually, it sounds like cryosurgery, which is a legitimate medical procedure. you can get it done for skin tags for example. so, no need to be alarmed, it's not the worst idea ever.

I'm not saying it necessarily is a bad thing, but it just sounds completely abhorrent to me :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Links234 wrote: »

Trouble is, skin tags fall off in the bath or whatever. With 'coolsculpting', the fat cells break down and are re-absorbed within your body. Now what does your body do with them? It's still extra calories that need to be processed or they'll presumably get stored as fat again...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

leinsterfab your first and only post on here and it reads like an advertisement for a company offering the service? I think you'll agree it comes across as suspicious. So I deleted your post. Please feel free to chime in on the forum on any thread you like, but maybe less of the advertising sounding posts until we all know you better. :) Thanks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Heh, bizarre... reminds me of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RyanGannon

Does anyone know how much this typically costs?

It depends on the area being treated. I was quoted €1400 for one treatment or €2000 for two and if you take that option you get 3 lipomassages included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I had my consultation for coolsculpting this week with River Medical and it went really well, they said it would definately be suitable for me and I'm looking at getting the treatment in a few weeks. The staff there are really nice and friendly so I'd recommend you go for a free consultation too and get all the information you need :)

You do realise that they are selling their services to you. They aren't medical advisors, they are sales people. If you want medical advise, go to your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi

so did anyone get the procedure done and if so are you happy with the results

M

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Le Graduate

I done a general coolsculpting search on google and came across another clinic in Tallaght. One of their nurse's tried it out and done a detailedish enough blog on it. They didn't have prices up so I rang them and they said it's €800 for my ahem...love handles (I swear I'm fit).

http://www.cosmedical.ie/_blog/Cosmedical_Blog/tag/CoolSculpting/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

krudler wrote: »
    No such thing.

Actually there can be when it comes to 'pregnancy pouches.' On occasion pregnancy, especially with twins or other multiples, a woman's stomach muscles can get so badly torn that they won't recover with diet and exercise. Of course whatever coolsculpting is won't fix it either, it can only be fixed with surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bobbybop

Little late with the reply here...
    But usually about 650-800 per area.
    I've had the procedure and it was absolutely worth it.
    But more just for that impossible inch to pinch that all the cardio or weights won't get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No need to resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement