Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭squonk

Thrill wrote: »
    USA's 'White Collar' Will Be Renewed for a Final Six Episode Season

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/usa-white-collar-six-episode-final-season/

Aw, only 6. Oh well, let's hope they go out with a bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nothing official and no surprises, but this is essentially a two season renewal for Game of Thrones (seasons 5 & 6)...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/21/game-of-thrones-showrunners/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

LOL!....i read the synopsis 4 days ago and said....this show will never get made. I was right!....4 days after announcing the pliot ABC Family have caved and axed it. As bad an idea as the pilot sounded, this is ABCF....it would never have been filmed or made like the synopsis reads. They did the same with Socio which turned into watered down Twisted.

On one hand i am pised they caved, on the other i think the show would never have got past pilot anyways....Alice In Arabia RIP

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/abc-familys-saudi-arabia-set-pilot-alice-in-arabia-not-going-forward/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

be shame if revolution is cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thrill wrote: »
    USA's 'White Collar' Will Be Renewed for a Final Six Episode Season
    I'm only on season two but I'm glad to know that there'll be a proper ending. Great chemistry between the leads.

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm only on season two but I'm glad to know that there'll be a proper ending. Great chemistry between the leads.

Is Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell in White Collar? Or am I mixing it up with another show? If she is in it, I may have to start watching asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell in White Collar? Or am I mixing it up with another show? If she is in it, I may have to start watching asap

She certainly is, she's Mrs Suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

jenjenten wrote: »

It's a bit confusing, is it a repeat of SVU bumping a repeat of Revolution or a repeat of SVU bumping a new Revolution. If it's the latter, Revolution is toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

History renews Vikings for Season 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

brill news just seen season 1 on rte amazing show

Those Who Kill: Its been moved off the A&E network and moved to LMN....Lifetime Movie Networl, yet more evidence this is all but cancelled and a clear sign off a burnoff http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/those-who-kill-moved-to-sibling-network.html

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    History renews Vikings for Season 3

Someone on the Vikings thread said it was already given an automatic 2 season renewal, for S2 + S3....to save money etc.

Not that it makes much difference....but FutonCritic is reporting that Glee has had its episode order cut to 20 episodes this season, there has been strong speculation for months that the 6th and final season will only have 13 episodes. With Glee hitting series lows of 0.9 its no wonder, but they have just hit the magic 100 so i doubt it matters much to Fox.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/glee-season-5-episode-ordered-reduced.html

LOL!....yet another failure for ABC who is having a dreadful year with failures galore and ratings way down. ABC has cancelled Mind Games after just 3 episodes: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/mind-games-cancelled.html

Not reported on the thread, but El Ray Network in the US has renewed From Dusk Till Dawn tv series for a second season of 13 episodes. Season 1 currently airing has 10 and 3 have aired.

LOL!....yet another failure for ABC who is having a dreadful year with failures galore and ratings way down. ABC has cancelled Mind Games after just 3 episodes: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/mind-games-cancelled.html

Hilarious isn't it. All those crew working pay cheque to pay cheque who now find themselves unemployed. Height of hilarity.

Hilarious isn't it. All those crew working pay cheque to pay cheque who now find themselves unemployed. Height of hilarity.

Yup....everything Christian Slater is in gets cancelled....he's the male version of Summer Glau! :D

They need to stop hiring Christian Slater!

Yup....everything Christian Slater is in gets cancelled....he's the male version of Summer Glau! :D

I must have missed the cancellation announcements of Arrow, Grey's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory and Hawaii Five-O.

I must have missed the cancellation announcements of Arrow, Grey's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory and Hawaii Five-O.

Even tvbythenumbers are saying it!!!!!!!

The Christian Slater Curse lives on? ABC has cancelled the low-rated (it drew just over 2 million viewers with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating on Tuesday) 'Mind Games,' pulling it from the schedule effective immediately. 'Resurrection' repeats will air the next two weeks before 'Celebrity Wife Swap' takes the slot on April 15. Five episodes of the show had aired.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/27/mind-games-canceled-by-abc-after-5-episodes/248698/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

• Advertisement

The Christian Slater Curse lives on? ABC has cancelled the low-rated (it drew just over 2 million viewers with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating on Tuesday) 'Mind Games,' pulling it from the schedule effective immediately. 'Resurrection' repeats will air the next two weeks before 'Celebrity Wife Swap' takes the slot on April 15. Five episodes of the show had aired.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/27/mind-games-canceled-by-abc-after-5-episodes/248698/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Stop gloating. You've made your point, now let it go.

Oh my god, if that website that you lift all your cancellation predictions from are saying it, then it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

To be fair though I don't think Christian Slater is why it failed as the show itself wasn't bad but the character of Clark (Steve Zahn) was just stupidly annoying, enough so to make you switch off in the middle of an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Not reported on the thread, but El Ray Network in the US has renewed From Dusk Till Dawn tv series for a second season of 13 episodes. Season 1 currently airing has 10 and 3 have aired.

Are you Richard Dower under a different name? Just wondering. You have the exact same writing style. Apologies if I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just to clear this up once and for all (because we get a reported post every couple of days asking "Is this Richard Dower?").

Yes, it is Richard Dower.
    Yes, he has been given a 2nd chance.
    Yes, he is on a fast track to another ban if he carries on with gloating, trolling posts like that (and nonsense like the post in the Oculus Rift thread in Games last night).

Think before you post, Richard. You're a good contributor, but my goodwill only goes so far - this crap has to stop now.

They need to stop hiring Christian Slater!

That's an extremely unfair comment. Christian Slater is a good actor. It's unfortunate that most of his vehicles of late have had various problems, either writing related or just lacking a certain something. You more than any of us Richard I'm sure know that cancellation isn't always a reflection on the quality of the show anyway.

I'm happy that most networks aren't run by you Richard and that we'll continue to see Christian Slater on our screens for a long time to come. It'd be a poorer telly world without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Forgotten (4-5 years ago) was a great, underrated show. It got one full season and had satisfying closure at the end - worth tracking down if you're a fan of Slater.

Mr E wrote: »
    The Forgotten (4-5 years ago) was a great, underrated show. It got one full season and had satisfying closure at the end - worth tracking down if you're a fan of Slater.

Thanks! For some reason I had the impression it bowed out after 15-18 eps but you're right, it was a great show. It deserved a second season really.

Mr E wrote: »
    Just to clear this up once and for all (because we get a reported post every couple of days asking "Is this Richard Dower?").

Yes, it is Richard Dower.
    Yes, he has been given a 2nd chance.
    Yes, he is on a fast track to another ban if he carries on with gloating, trolling posts like that (and nonsense like the post in the Oculus Rift thread in Games last night).

Think before you post, Richard. You're a good contributor, but my goodwill only goes so far - this crap has to stop now.

When not posting nonsense or insulting remarks he can be a good contributor but reading done of the stuff he posted in recent weeks and you can see where he devolved back to his old self. I'm just shocked that he hasn't started trolling the Community thread yet and telling us that it's cancelled this year for sure. After all if he says it every year, eventually he'll be right.

All the talk of Slater and his curse actually puts people off a show. How many casual viewers didn't bother watching because the media was full of stories about how the show was "cancelled after a week, guaranteed". Why would people invest time in a show that isn't going to make the grade. We see it year after year where certain publications think it's startlingly original and witty to post the same tired jokes. Mind Games has issues, of that there's no doubt. But unlike something like Sean Saves the Workd, there was real promise in Mind Games. It's the kind of show that a mid series break and a retool could easily fix. Sadly we won't get an opportunity to see what the show could have been and that's a little sad. But for some the shows cancellation is welcomed as it means that they can make the same joke they've made every year for the past 5 or so.

• Advertisement

Jesus, seems that Richard has closed his account down. Shame that he felt the need to, as when not trying to troll he wasn't a bad contributor to the site.

Advertisement