Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,955 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think Jim Carrey would of been a good pick, the cable guy persona lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Netflix has cancelled Idris Elba’s comedy Turn Up Charlie after one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nick cage is a good choice
    He can do eccentric very well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I dunno. Will Cage be able to reign it in enough to play Joe Exotic?

Sam rockwell has been robbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Danny McBride for me. Joe always reminded me of his Eastbound and down days

• Registered Users Posts: 60,408 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Terminal List

Chris Pratt Series ‘The Terminal List’ Lands At Amazon; Thriller Drama Hails From Antoine Fuqua & David DiGilio

Amazon Studios has landed the conspiracy thriller series The Terminal List, starring and executive produced by Chris Pratt in his return to television. The ongoing drama, based on Jack Carr’s bestselling novel, is directed/executive produced by Antoine Fuqua and writen/executive produced by David DiGilio (Strange Angel). Amazon Studios will co-produce with Civic Center Media, MRC’s joint TV venture with UTA, in association with MRC Television.

The Terminal List follows James Reece (Pratt) after his entire platoon of Navy SEALs is ambushed during a high-stakes covert mission. Reece returns home to his family with conflicting memories of the event and questions about his culpability. However, as new evidence comes to light, Reece discovers dark forces working against him, endangering not only his life but the lives of those he loves.

To help with authenticity, The Terminal List intends to have veterans and their families as part of multiple aspects of the series production, starting with writing. Half the show’s writing staffers are either veterans themselves or have veterans in their families.

Pratt nabbed the rights to the book by Carr, a former Navy SEAL and Special Ops team leader. He brought it to Fuqua, then together they took it to MRC. Pratt and Fuqua worked together on The Magnificent Seven, which Fuqua directed and in which Pratt starred along with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/chris-pratt-series-the-terminal-list-amazon-thriller-drama-antoine-fuqua-david-digilio-1202925459/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Freshman series Tommy Cancelled After 1 Season at CBS

1 Episode still left to show (tommorrow in the US):

https://tvline.com/2020/05/06/tommy-cancelled-cbs-season-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://tvline.com/2020/05/06/renewed-shows-list-cbs-2020-ncis-blue-bloods/

CBS have renewed the following shows.
    NCIS (and its spinoffs NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans), Blue Bloods, 60 Minutes, All Rise, Bob Hearts Abishola, The Unicorn, S.W.A.T., Bull, SEAL Team ,MacGyver, FBI, FBI Most Wanted, The Neighborhood, Magnum P.I,, 48 Hours and Undercover Boss.

Those lucky 17 join the previously announced renewals of Young Sheldon, Mom, Survivor, The Amazing Race and acclaimed freshman drama Evil.

Cancellations
    Carol’s Second Act, Broke and Tommy,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Surprised that that's cancelled, not a bad filler show that could be put anywhere in the schedule.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

https://tvline.com/2020/05/06/renewed-shows-list-cbs-2020-ncis-blue-bloods/

CBS have renewed the following shows.
    NCIS (and its spinoffs NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans), Blue Bloods, 60 Minutes, All Rise, Bob Hearts Abishola, The Unicorn, S.W.A.T., Bull, SEAL Team ,MacGyver, FBI, FBI Most Wanted, The Neighborhood, Magnum P.I,, 48 Hours and Undercover Boss.

Those lucky 17 join the previously announced renewals of Young Sheldon, Mom, Survivor, The Amazing Race and acclaimed freshman drama Evil.

Cancellations
    Carol’s Second Act, Broke and Tommy,

Few of those I've never heard of, All Rise, Bob Hearts, The Neighbourhood and 48 Hours, any of them worth watching? Is Evil worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now Hawaii Five-0 has finished, Magnum is the only CBS show I watch, that isn't made for CBS Access.

I'm surprised Hawaii finished, they were getting big sponsorship and they were replacing actors easily enough, surprised they didn't try a season.

I like the FBIs, Blue Bloods, Bull and SWAT, all decent procedurals that you can have on in the background when you're doing something else. MacGyver has it's moments but I tend to binge watch that when I've everything else watched, bit too perfect. SEAL Team is probably my only "must watch", it is a bit "America is GREAT" and you can see how it's sponsored by the US Army but they've a very good cast and David Boreanaz is an excellent actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

O'Loughlin had wanted to go 2 seasons ago but convinced ($$$) to come back
    Wasn't he also badly hurt in an episode and it was getting him harder to do the stunts - tho they did have that new guy at the end to carry on but think the producers/writers decide to call it time when he left

Yeah, he was very badly hurt and Danno didn't want to do the show anymore so the 2 main stars going at the same time probably made it not worth the hassle, it was clear by the end that the whole cast were never all together to film at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Clareman wrote: »
    Yeah, he was very badly hurt and Danno didn't want to do the show anymore so the 2 main stars going at the same time probably made it not worth the hassle, it was clear by the end that the whole cast were never all together to film at the same time.

Danno left seasons ago - more a guest star

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'After Life' renewed for a third season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Few of those I've never heard of, All Rise, Bob Hearts, The Neighbourhood and 48 Hours, any of them worth watching? Is Evil worth watching?

Watched the first three of Evil. It's straight up religious person and atheist investigating weird goings-on i.e. "is it natural or supernatural?", rather than it being a side-issue. I'm not sure what to make of it yet; earnest acting with some almost tongue-in-cheek (yet kinda scary) horror scenes and humour so far, with some smart writing. It is intriguing to how far things will be pushed in it without falling into silliness, but it does look promising.

Most shows now I wait until season 2 is confirmed, I'll give it a shot now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ixoy wrote: »

Good stuff

Is this first time Ricky Gervais has broke the 2 seasons + Christmas special format?

Edit: article answers my question...doh

I'm surprised Hawaii finished, they were getting big sponsorship and they were replacing actors easily enough, surprised they didn't try a season.

Yeah as was said Steve wanted out due to being in constant pain from the earlier injury. They were looking at building the show around Danny which is why they brought in Steve's replacement. But then they probably realised, like the rest of us, that Danny was never there. So that would mean none of the original cast would be there.
    All the other shows there have at least 1 of the original cast. I believe Gibbs and Ducky are still in NCIS? Well I assume Gibbs is the only fulltime one still there.

I never thought of that, I'm struggling here to think of any US show that doesn't have an original cast member, very good point

I was just going off the CBS shows listed. But now you mention it, outside of anthology shows like American horror Story and really long running series like Law & Order, it would probably be hard to find a current series with its original cast replaced. In the US, I mean. Otherwise it could easily be UK shows like Doctor Who, Misfits and Skins.

ixoy wrote: »

Netflix have signed up an exclusive deal for other projects from Ricky Gervais too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

peteeeed wrote: »
    Scissor Seven Seasons 2 (Mandarin)
    Seeking to recover his memory, a scissor-wielding, hairdressing, bungling quasi-assassin stumbles into a struggle for power among feuding factions (one of the more interesting descriptions )

added

Is this meant for the Netflix thread, peteeeed?

Too many tabs opened peteeeed? :)

not done that for a while , apologies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

fritzelly wrote: »
    Danno left seasons ago - more a guest star

I don't thiink he like living in Hawaii plus he was getting into directing and such. I say the new lady from this season might go to Magnum given how they kept that storyline in for another episode of her and the bar owner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,955 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

peteeeed wrote: »
    not done that for a while , apologies :)

It is a really good show thou, very sweet and charming :)

Advertisement