Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An actual Nocturnal event!

Options
  • 12-04-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

There have been a few ideas popping up around the place for new events for the noc forum, the picnic and bbq to name two, not very nocturnal:p but of course I'll be along cause who can argue against a picnic and bbq:D but as I sit on the bus staring at a poster an idea hits me, the Dublin Ghostbus Tour! It's a suitably Nocturnal event and could be loads of fun :D Now, some may argue it's an event more suited to Halloween, but I disagree on the basis that Halloween is in October and this is Ireland, thus it will be cold and wet, plus there's no guarantee I'd even remember the idea in 6 months:P

So, thoughts? Opinions? Random ramblings?:pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you know, i've always wanted to do that tour....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Awesome idea :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Could be fun... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Amazing idea! Count me and Nerin in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Sounds great. I'd love to do it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I've done it before and it is great craic, definitely better during the summer when it is warm as there are quite a few disembarking's involved.

A few social drinks beforehand to lube the sense of humour followed by the Ghost Bus tour and then we all pile into somewhere afterwards sounds like a great night.

Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Great idea!

I've done it before and it was great craic! Quite popular though, I think we'd want to be booking it well in advance, certainly not like the last Noc dinner experience where everyone bailed the day before

Wow, Ghost Bus. Why didn't I think of that?!

Excellent call, it's good fun. They didn't mind people drinking on the bus when I went, just be warned that there aren't any bathroom breaks.

Very Nocturnal, and all I was going to suggest was a few cans in the old graveyard beside the abandoned church. Silly :o

Wow, Ghost Bus. Why didn't I think of that?!

Excellent call, it's good fun. They didn't mind people drinking on the bus when I went, just be warned that there aren't any bathroom breaks.

Very Nocturnal, and all I was going to suggest was a few cans in the old graveyard beside the abandoned church. Silly :o

Cans near a g-g-g-g-ghost?!?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Went on the ghost tour years ago. It's really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I've been on the Ghost Tour a few times over the last few years and it can be great fun if you get the right mix of people.

But it's best when it's dark out before it starts since a lot of it is story telling and atmosphere is everything.
    micayla wrote: »
    There have been a few ideas popping up around the place for new events for the noc forum, the picnic and bbq to name two, not very nocturnal:p but of course I'll be along cause who can argue against a picnic and bbq:D but as I sit on the bus staring at a poster an idea hits me, the Dublin Ghostbus Tour! It's a suitably Nocturnal event and could be loads of fun :D Now, some may argue it's an event more suited to Halloween, but I disagree on the basis that Halloween is in October and this is Ireland, thus it will be cold and wet, plus there's no guarantee I'd even remember the idea in 6 months:P

So, thoughts? Opinions? Random ramblings?:pac:

oh yeah actually, Summer time might suck a smidge, what with the ghost stories being told in the warm brightness of the day. Damn you Sun! (But come back SUN!)

At least it will be warm though and not less likely to be raining. :)

To those of us who are easily spooked it won't matter if it's all bright and sunny anyway. >_>

/wuss

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Woot folks like the idea:D

Well to the negs out there, a) you can book a private group tour and b) at the weekends they do ones starting at 9.30 pm, plenty of daylight should be gone by then:p

That's cool, but we'll have to actually book it... without people running away like every other event we've done around these parts *eyes parts knowingly*

Fewcifur wrote: »
    That's cool, but we'll have to actually book it... without people running away like every other event we've done around these parts *eyes parts knowingly*

Well you have to book the private group tour anyway and will probably be the best option as it'll mean just noc folks will be there, which will probably be best for the rest of humanity:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fewcifur wrote: »
    *eyes parts knowingly*

.... I WAS BUSY!!!! :pac:

When are we thinking of doing this?

When are we thinking of doing this?

I was thinking sometime in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Well to the negs out there

What's a neg? Does asking this make me a neg? :eek:

• Advertisement

Heh it was a word I picked upin Customer Service training, basically a neg is the colleague who always comes in with a complaint every morning no matter what's going on, there's always something wrong.

Yes, asking any question makes you a neg. Prepare for someone to arrive in the night and tattoo it to your wrist. They'll then check it going into nightclubs.

Heh it was a word I picked upin Customer Service training, basically a neg is the colleague who always comes in with a complaint every morning no matter what's going on, there's always something wrong.

Oh, a negative nelly :D We haven't time to be cuttin' things short in the Wesht :P

Oh, a negative nelly :D We haven't time to be cuttin' things short in the Wesht :P

That'd be it! :D

I thought you folks considered yourselves southerners rather than westerners? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

FYP
    Maguined wrote: »
    I thought you folks considered yourselves boggers / culchies southerners rather than westerners? :confused:

I don't know which I am, I'm at the very very top of Kerry, Cork is the South, Clare is the West, we're like the redheaded step children in the middle :(

You're from down south. You can say south-west if you like but you are not, I repeat not, from the west.

So I was thinking either Saturday the 14th or Saturday the 21st of May for this, what do folks think?

• Advertisement

Seeing as I get paid on the 25th of each month as far away from the 25th is preferable so I am flush with disposable income to dispose of.

Advertisement