Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't men and women wear hats anymore?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

James_LWAU wrote: »
    because they look ridiculous :rolleyes:

agreed a hat looks ridiculous when worn with casual clothing but you can't deny a hat, suit and brogues is a fabulous combo...maybe I'm not mourning the loss of hats but more the loss of looking smart all the time and not just on special occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I addressed that simplification in my post already...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭shane_rafferty

irelands to poor to be buying hats :) lol
    good question doe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It is a shame. I've considered buying a fedora. My everyday 'costume' is shoes, trousers, shirt, tie, overcoat. A fedora wouldn't at all look out of place but given that nobody wears them anymore, I'm sure I'd get some strange looks. Which I could do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Skip to about 7.30 for hat revolution scene.

Should I do it now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

because there is no hat stands anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hope they come back tbh, although thats more to do with watching Mad Men and seeing how utterly cool men used to dress back then, three piece suit and hat, Don Draper style, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

krudler wrote: »
    I hope they come back tbh, although thats more to do with watching Mad Men and seeing how utterly cool men used to dress back then, three piece suit and hat, Don Draper style, yes.

When does he ever wear a three piece suit?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Jackie Healy Rae should never take his off anyway that's for sure.
    Hats are great, but if I start wearing on of those cool old hats down the road I'd look like a complete tosser, and nobody wants to be a tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I got sunburned on Friday...

Yes I'm for the hat revolution....I might need to stitch two together to fit my mallet tho :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Because the wide selection of hats in TF2 makes all other hat selections look inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

There is serious $$$$$$ to be made out of the hair care industry than hat manufacturing,

So, in popular culture and marketing its all lovely hair on tv, magazines et al no hats,

after 20-30 years of this = today, where people don't wear hats.

I'd love to say that I came up with that, but I didn't, I read it in a journal a couple of months ago.

Bring back hats!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I carry a folding M&S Cricket Hat with me - similar to this. Over the last couple of years it's kept every kind of weather off my head. I can get it out of my jacket pocket and on to my head in about two seconds. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

blaze1 wrote: »
    I got sunburned on Friday...

Yes I'm for the hat revolution....I might need to stitch two together to fit my mallet tho :eek:
    We should swap heads, apparently my head is too small for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wear a lot of hats, unfortunately hipsters have tainted the hat's image so most people think they're uncool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yep, after watching a couple of seasons of mad men i really do wish hats came back into fashion.

Ladies: Don Draper.

Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think Don Draper looks better without a hat actually. Obviously he's beautiful either way though.

Advertisement