Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Mat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

drayme wrote: »
    I think that move was ECW's Nova's actually. It was called the Kryptonite Crunch.

Yeah you're right there, was always one of my favourite moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

Very very hard to watch imo. The parts with mick's family at ringside basically watching their father (and husband) being completely tore apart. Mick being pissed off at the Rock was interesting too, Justified of course, But it was odd to see Mick Foley non-kayfabe angry.

The parts with Jake are very dark. Almost snuff like at times, Sadly I don't for a second think any of it's a lie or over exaggeration, The nitty gritty of the wrestling scene is very much like that, If not worse (See: Vampiro, Ken Shamrock and Abdullah). I liked it, But I do understand the hatred it receives from the wrestling promoting people, especially Jim Cornette, As he was portrayed pretty inaccurately in it. However it does bring home the fact that yes, the winner of a wrestling match is predetermined, The guys are friends backstage and the stories are made up, But not for one second is Wrestling fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

drayme wrote: »
    I think that move was ECW's Nova's actually. It was called the Kryptonite Crunch.

Sure Nova invented every move ever.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sure Nova invented every move ever.:pac:

Which Kanyon would then rob on Nitro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I have it, fantastic documentary!
    You can see the inspiration for Randy 'the ram' Robinson from seeing Jake the Snake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I thought big thing for Foley was not so much that Rock went overboard with the chairshots but that he never checked up on him afterwards when he was being stitched up, and he had the video to prove it.

Advertisement