Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAGE CONTENDER X : DUBLIN : 23 JULY 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    premiertickets.ie doesn't appear to have tickets for this.

Seems to be working HERE

Well how do you reckon this one is going??

CAGE CONTENDER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
    Chris "The Killing" Fields (SBGi) v John "Wrecking Machine" Redmond (RFA)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

Looks to be stacked heavily in Chris' favour, outguns John in every area. 1st round stoppage for Chris I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sdub

The Killing by what ever he wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Guys how do you reckon that this one will go?

CAGE CONTENDER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE
    "Rowdy" Owen Roddy (SBGi/Primal) v Benjamin "Son of Life" Davis (PBS)
    Ben by ko/tko

Chris by submission/ g'n'p stoppage.

John had improved from what I've seen but I give it to Chris. John has the hands to hang with chris but I don't think he has the ground game

• Advertisement

John has the hands to hang with Chris

Lol that's a great quote Ray, it think I will borrow it if you don't mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HOBO 83

John had improved from what I've seen but I give it to Chris. John has the hands to hang with chris but I don't think he has the ground game

If Chris stands with John he'll get his head taken off. Dishing out shots is one thing, taking them is a totally different game, and that's why I don't think Chris has the hands to hang with John.

Alot of people are writing John off in this fight. John had a total war with Shields on the last CC in Dublin and I think Shied is a totally different machine than Chris Fields when it comes to taking punishment, I seriously doubt Chris would have hacked the pace of that fight.

I'm obviously going to be bias but I think John will shock a few people here and win this one by GNP after a big knock down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

HOBO 83 wrote: »
    If Chris stands with John he'll get his head taken off. Dishing out shots is one thing, taking them is a totally different game, and that's why I don't think Chris has the hands to hang with John.

Alot of people are writing John off in this fight. John had a total war with Shields on the last CC in Dublin and I think Shied is a totally different machine than Chris Fields when it comes to taking punishment, I seriously doubt Chris would have hacked the pace of that fight.

I'm obviously going to be bias but I think John will shock a few people here and win this one by GNP after a big knock down.
    I'm not writing John off at all, I think it could go either way on the feet especially since Chris has been ko'd(up in spartan I believe it was) but I believe it will go to the ground and Chris has the advantage there and will probably finish it there, late round one/ first half of round too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Chris was rocked against Chadwick at the last Cage Contender and i think if it stays standing John was a good chance. He gassed in a big way however in his last fight with Shiel so hopefully that won't be a problem in his fight with Chris.

It's one of the fights I have most looked forward to since the promotion started. Ok so John had an off night with the granite tough John Shiel at CC8, but I will never forget the devastating fashion in which he total demolished Tim McCrory ( I said that day he was like a "Wrecking Machine" which has stuck). I met up with Redmond a few days after the loss and he had all the attributes of a wounded animal, and you know what the say about wounded animals :)

Then what about Chris Fields last 3 outings on the promotion? A stunning win in Manchester when he out foxed the Liverpool lankathon Tony Moran, that was enough to get him the title shot. Then he storms past the man who had knocked him out in seconds when they last met to claim the strap. And last time out he dug deep to wear down and beat the butcher Lee Chadwick, who we all know had TNT in both gloves!!!

The reasons above are why I for one can't wait for this fight, but I think it could be as much about game plan and tactics as anything else. Maybe it's as much about the coaches getting the tactics right and the fighters doing the business - regardless it's going to be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

chris will smash him everywhere, on the feet in the clinch and also on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'll be honest we knew nothing about opponent last time out who was new to Ireland's MMA scene and we had trained hard for Chris till Chris got injured, Then john let his ego get in the way and fought a stupid fight, and i told him this, if he does that again he wont win, But thats the point of learning from your mistakes.

sdub wrote: »
    The Killing by what ever he wants

I could just as easily be arrogant and say The wrecking machine by what he wants.

Chris by submission/ g'n'p stoppage.

John's ground game is much better than people may believe, When the fight hit the deck last fight John had burned himself out after fighting with his heart instead of his head and he learned a valuable lesson.

da-bres wrote: »
    chris will smash him everywhere, on the feet in the clinch and also on the ground.

John won't lose on the feet in my opinion and that incluces in the clinch which is 1 of John's strong points-This is a tough fight for both so i'm not going to get all cocky and say John will win, but John has the tools standing and on the ground to win this fight.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Guys those thinkin Chis will win the fight in the stand up are sorely mistake. If anyone in ireland (accept a certain Irish/Nigerian lad hangin round lately) goes punch for punch chin for chin with Redmond they wont come out the better (accept maybe in the clinch). Chris' shot isnt the best either but his greco/judo is very strong which has been the way to take john down in the past as his sprawl has greatly improved lately. I just worry about hod John is off his back, Chris has an excellent mount and John as of yet has looked very weak once his guard is passed. Im gonna go with the same prediction as last time. Cant call a winner in this one but it will not go past the 1st rounf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Chris's shot is one of the best I've seen in Irish MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Chris's shot is one of the best I've seen in Irish MMA?
    Lookin at the rest of the middleweight division he might actually but in Ireland id say far from it Barry.
    The MW division in Ireland right now has some class strikers with very solid TD defence. Maybe thats why his shots never looked so good to me. But lookin at some of the wrestlin in the lighter divisions Chris's shot is far from the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Can we push you for a prediction Mr Murphy?

You mean do I think Ben will win by left high kick or right? I'm not sure to be honest. :pac:

FEATHERWEIGHT

Decky "The Diamond" Dalton (FAI) v Brian "The Pikeman" Moore (SBGi)

This is an interesting one, Moore recently in only his fourth fight dispatched one of the best known and most experienced fighters in the division Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris in pretty impressive style.

Dalton on the other hand has been unable to fight for one reason or another since CC6 last August, Decky is still unbeaten and will not want to loose that coveted 0 from his record. He ground out a great win at CC6 and is another talent to watch out for!!

Views?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

i believe brian and decky have similar styles but i think moore has all the tools to win hes ever improving and looks better each time he fights

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

FEATHERWEIGHT

I was really impressed with Brian at Tuffnuts 5. A fairly dominant win over a tough opponent. This has the makings of a war. If I'm wrong I'll stick to ballroom dancing John :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Really good fight. Both lads are showing major potential

• Advertisement

Really good fight. Both lads are showing major potential

Lol ah c'mon McCabe give us a prediction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I really can't decide.

Brian has looked amazingly sharp and has heavy hands.

But Decky is the same. I hear he is doing great things in training.

I don't know that much about Brian's ground but I know Decky has won a wrestling comp and a BJJ comp.

I would have to say it's even enough and one I would be excited to watch

I really can't decide.

Brian has looked amazingly sharp and has heavy hands.

But Decky is the same. I hear he is doing great things in training.

I don't know that much about Brian's ground but I know Decky has won a wrestling comp and a BJJ comp.

I would have to say it's even enough and one I would be excited to watch

You'll end up with splinters if you stay up on that fence any longer LOL :D

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    You mean do I think Ben will win by left high kick or right? I'm not sure to be honest. :pac:

Just watched the footage from CC8 again, that head kick KO, Jesus Christ!!!!!

Just a quick heads up folks, any of you who get tickets for this event will be eligible for 15% Discount on your ticket to CCXI : Rodriguez v xxxxx : 8 October 2011. This event also sees our Lightweight Champ "Magic" Myles Price v "Stormin" Norman Parke

LIGHTWEIGHT

Pat Sheridan (Kokoro) v Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

LIGHTWEIGHT

i know someone who'll be very excited with this match-up:D

C'mon share the love!! Who???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Well apart from the obvious answer, I'm also excited to see this. Plsheridan has great stand up and quelly has a 5 second head kick ko! This is gong to be a great fight.

• Advertisement

CAGE CONTENDER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE
    "Rowdy" Owen Roddy (SBGi/Primal) v Benjamin "Son of Life" Davis (PBS)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Richie Ivory (Next Gen) v Richie Edgeworth (Ryano)

WELTERWEIGHT
    Tom Sullivan (Spirit MMA) v Kieran Davern (Tuatha de Dannan)

MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Henry "Herculez" Fadipe (Lucan) v Ben Forsyth (Rising Pheonix)

FEATHERWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT
    Vlad Malko (Cork City Combat Sambo) v John Ging (Tuatha de Dannan)

LIGHTWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Rob Byrne (Kokoro) v Paddy McBride (Rillion Gracie)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Stephen Coll (Rillion Gracie) v Kev Young (Krause MMA)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Blaine O'Driscoll (Lucan) v Joe Roache (Spirit MMA)

WELTERWEIGHT
    James McClarnon (PHK) v Oisin Coburn (Legends)

Advertisement