Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Cork Meetup Thread

Options
  • 04-04-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all,

My proposal for this months Cork pub meetup is:

April Boards Beers Meetup

Date: Friday 15th April 2011
    Start time: 8.30pm
    Venue: Electric Bar - http://www.electriccork.com/b-a-r/

The Electric Bar is on the corner of Grand Parade and South Mall and seems to be already a popular venue for some of the Cork boardsies!!

As always newbies are most welcome and are encouraged to join us. This is just a chance for people to put faces to names and see who lurks behind the various keyboards :) Anyone who needs a contact number can PM myself (or anyone else who volunteers) so there will be no danger of not finding us.

Can people indicate if they are likely to attend or not - even a "maybe" will help!

Also proposed by Corkcomp

Proposed April Boards Bowling Meetup

Proposed date: Thursday 21st April
    Venue: Mardyke

Wispyman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

for anyone who cant make that nite, I'll throw in another date - say thurs 21st or friday 22nd if anyone wants to head out for few drinks?
    edit: good idea Wispyman - could go bowling also if people want? or just drinks for spectators :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Will b there on 16th!
    DUnno about 22nd or 21st yet tho, will know later on

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

corkcomp wrote: »
    for anyone who cant make that nite, I'll throw in another date - say thurs 21st or friday 22nd if anyone wants to head out for few drinks?

We can do both!!

I would happily join you then. Why not Thursday 21st for a followup midweek beers - I know a few people would like that. Maybe even another Mardyke bowling session?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Cant make the 21st or 22nd, am on nights that week. Might try make the 16th one, although that is my bday weekend so may have plans.:D

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Cant make the 21st or 22nd, am on nights that week. Might try make the 16th one, although that is my bday weekend so may have plans.:D

You have to call in for an hour so we can sing you Happy Birthday and give you the bumps!!

• Advertisement

wispyman wrote: »
    You have to call in for an hour so we can sing you Happy Birthday and give you the bumps!!

Eh Im definitely busy now... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

both options sound good!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

edit: good idea Wispyman - could go bowling also if people want? or just drinks for spectators :P

Hey, isn't Friday 22nd Good Friday - so there will be no drinks, well not in a pub anyway....

Thurs 21st sounds good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Mine too, :D How are ya birthday buddy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

wispyman wrote: »
    Hi all,

My proposal for this months Cork pub meetup is:

April Boards Beers Meetup

Date: Saturday 16th April 2011
    Start time: 8.30pm
    Venue: Electric Bar - http://www.electriccork.com/b-a-r/

Wispyman

Great choice :D You never know who you would bump into here

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    Mine too, :D How are ya birthday buddy. :D

REALLY??? What date is yours? Mines the 14th.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

REALLY??? What date is yours? Mines the 14th.:D

Mines on the 15th.

mudokon wrote: »
    Mines on the 15th.

Yeah April babies... WE rock:D:):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

might go along to this one alright now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

rebelle wrote: »
    Hey, isn't Friday 22nd Good Friday - so there will be no drinks, well not in a pub anyway....

Depends on the pub ;)

Sat 16th sounds good. I think I'll be able to make the start for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll be in Dublin for the weekend...I've matches every weekend in Killarney so I'm looking doubtful if it's a weekend thing

rebelle wrote: »

Thurs 21st sounds good!

oh yeah:o good Friday must have gotten wiped out of my diary:P The Thursday sounds good to me!!

oh yeah:o good Friday must have gotten wiped out of my diary:P The Thursday sounds good to me!!

From past experience the night before good friday is a horrible night out!! So be prepared. And the pubs close at 12.

From past experience the night before good friday is a horrible night out!! So be prepared. And the pubs close at 12.

jeez thanks for that:rolleyes::P we can always go out earlier to make up for early closing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Maybe farewell drinks with kingtut on the 15th ... :(

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Maybe farewell drinks with kingtut on the 15th ... :(

u moving to blegium for good?

Blehgium it should be called, that boring, forgetable plain ould place you spend a few hours driving through to get to Holland after getting out of the tunnel from England

It does seem to take ****ing ages to drive across it, doesn't it?

It does seem to take ****ing ages to drive across it, doesn't it?

because it's so bloody boring :)

Like Charlie Wolf used to say when he was on Red FM - Nobody would miss Belgium if it was gone

Bit like Charlie Wolf so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I know a few from Belgium through work and they must be some of the nicest people I know. Antwerp is a nice spot :) The central train station is amazing.

But yeah Brussels was horrible.

Would anyone be bothered about moving from the 16th to the 15th to accomodate 'tut? Same Bat-time, same Bat-Chalocation?

Would anyone be bothered about moving from the 16th to the 15th to accomodate 'tut? Same Bat-time, same Bat-Chalocation?

I was wondering the same myself. So would people please speak up if that is a problem. If not I'll PM Castie later on to modify the first post in the thread.

good idea, would make more sense to have it the 15th so Kingtut can meet up with us.. would be better attendance too if both nights combined

Will have to see about Friday night. Have plans for thurs and am going away Saturday, so I may not be able for three in a row, getting old now.:(:o But will try call in to says goodbyes....:)

• Advertisement

The date has been changed by popular demand for the April beers to now be Friday 15th April. Same venue and time.

Advertisement