Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most positive thing in your life right now...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Finally finding a hobby (baking) that I love to do and am not rubbish at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Getting a new car in the next week or two.

photo.jpg
    Might stick a body kit and some UV lights underneath for the lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

THE JACKS ARE BACK BABY!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I realise that this post is a bit late... but I'm still not over it! 16 years waiting for it, and it's finally back! 11-D-SAM! I love it!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :D

Also, my friends, and stuff, blah blah blah... but mostly THE JACKS ARE BACK!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

My aunt is pregnant so i'm going to have a new baby cousin, can't wait and so exciting to have a new baby in the family :)

Yeah, my cousin's wife is expecting too! The baby is due in less than a week!!!

I'm torn between getting them a baby Dublin kit or a baby Leinster kit... haha. Decisions, decisions...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Most positive thing in my life right now...
    I am alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

Booked a holiday with the OH! Only see him once every 2 months or so as we're doing the whole long distance thing, miss him always so can't wait for a week away with him no work or college interrupting :)

I have the best friend in the world... I knew it, but only realised it last night. I have had a weight on my shoulders for years, and could only find the strength to talk about it to him last night. He held me when I cried, he was the greatest rock and support I've ever known.

I'm also going to see a psychiatrist later on today to help me deal better with more issues that have been haunting me.

But that I just know that I have the best friend in the world, I feel like I am walking on air. I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in god or any of that... but someone/somebody/some-thing somewhere decided that I needed a guardian angel and a best friend... and they sent me the best person in the world. He is just the best and I love him so much.

Everyone should have such a good friend in their life. I might have gotten some kicks and some challenges in my life, but right now... I consider myself to be the luckiest person on the face of the Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

allydylan wrote: »
    My aunt is pregnant so i'm going to have a new baby cousin, can't wait and so exciting to have a new baby in the family :)

My sister is pregnant for the first time and is due from the 21st of December on :D

But this does mean no more taking the piss out of her and the baby.
    I mean how could I resist? She married a guy with the surname Rogers, she has to expect Steve and Kenny coming up as baby names.

By the way any other good comedy baby names will be gladly accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

Ravenid wrote: »
    My sister is pregnant for the first time and is due from the 21st of December on :D

But this does mean no more taking the piss out of her and the baby.
    I mean how could I resist? She married a guy with the surname Rogers, she has to expect Steve and Kenny coming up as baby names.

By the way any other good comedy baby names will be gladly accepted.

Buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deasyd

Excellent post man. I was following your story over on the other forum and I think it's great that it all worked out. It's reasons like your story that made me set up this thread. It's a good place to come to make u smile and here about all the good and positive things people do. Well done.

By the way, I think you should PM me ;)
    DazMarz wrote: »
    I have the best friend in the world... I knew it, but only realised it last night. I have had a weight on my shoulders for years, and could only find the strength to talk about it to him last night. He held me when I cried, he was the greatest rock and support I've ever known.

I'm also going to see a psychiatrist later on today to help me deal better with more issues that have been haunting me.

But that I just know that I have the best friend in the world, I feel like I am walking on air. I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in god or any of that... but someone/somebody/some-thing somewhere decided that I needed a guardian angel and a best friend... and they sent me the best person in the world. He is just the best and I love him so much.

Everyone should have such a good friend in their life. I might have gotten some kicks and some challenges in my life, but right now... I consider myself to be the luckiest person on the face of the Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

I've just landed a job today after 3 months unemployed.Im over the moon, im a graduate and have been looking with no luck so to land a job 10 days before christmas is terrific, havent stopped smilling all day...never want to lose this feeling.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just landed a job myself in IT. Start Monday. Birthday this month so it's an early present :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Just booked my wedding so, yeah, Im fairly excited right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I'm in a long distance relationship and I wasn't sure what I would do for Valentine's Day as money is a bit short and a present and postage would cost a bit! So, being a photographer, I decided I would set up a few photos. If I'm honest, I was hoping for more but it took me all weekend just to get 7 and I was resenting them by the end of it. However, his reaction was worth it. My bf was suffering from a low and last night was actually crying about something. Once he had gotten it out of his system, I decided that it would be a good time to show him what I made for him and the smile I got... well if I laboured night and day for weeks to get those photos, it would have been worth it just to see that smile again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

approaching 40 and I consider myself to be as spontaneous and curious about the world and my relationship to it as I was when I was a childer.... and what with the net....yikes, my curiosity is only limited by time! never ever loose your curiosity! :eek:

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The most most positive thing in my life is my beautyful wife:D who is expecting our fist borne and its twins:D:D they are due in april i love her more each and every day we are together,also belle my cat who i saved from death as a :pkitten

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

I have the day off tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

My boyfriend told me at Xmas that he'll be proposing sometime this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

I'm having a rough time of it lately so I thought I'd come here and list some of the positives in my life atm:

- My friends, family and boyf
    - Geordie Shore (cos it's hilarious)
    - Having a bit of money for once and not having to worry about it
    - my phone that lets me read the news and tells me when the next bus is..
    - my hair
    - red lipstick
    - not smoking
    - art

aaaaand that's about it for now.
    not too bad though when ya look at it!!!

• Advertisement

Actually looking forward to heading to work tomorrow. New job and I'm happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

being single! god the past year and a bit has just kept getting better and better bit by bit, now im just in my element tbh, i think ive found my calling to be like this, single and not looking for or even wanting tbh anything past dating/casual again! :)

had the serious relationship thing once, didnt work, last or whatever, heres to single life getting more and more fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

Just got (adult) braces and surprisingly enough, I get a lot of compliments. Never thought I would come to feel so positive about them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I won tickets to an advanced screening of 'The Hunger Games' today. Certainly needed that pick-me-up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

woodchuck wrote: »
    I won tickets to an advanced screening of 'The Hunger Games' today. Certainly needed that pick-me-up :)
    Ah same here! Where'd you win yours? :)

Ah same here! Where'd you win yours? :)

Congrats :D

Won mine through a facebook competition. I think loads of places have been doing competitions for it though! Maybe the whole theatre is going to be competition winners :P

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

woodchuck wrote: »
    Congrats :D

Won mine through a facebook competition. I think loads of places have been doing competitions for it though! Maybe the whole theatre is going to be competition winners :P
    Ah so did I :) Am looking forward to it, huge fan of the books!

Ah so did I :) Am looking forward to it, huge fan of the books!

I've never actually read the books :o I've heard they're really good though and the film looks good from the trailers! Normally I prefer to read the books before I see the film, but don't see that happening before Tuesday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sidders

My amazeballs girlfriend , happy bday babe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

finding out that theyre actually are people out there who arent full of bull**** and lies and hurting, who say what they want/dont want, and therefore that you can have proper fun/friendship /whatever with them.
    why cant everyone just be like that! :)

Advertisement