Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police officer killed in Omagh bomb

Options
  • 02-04-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Highfield Area, Gortin Road.

Sad news, RIP officer and thoughts with their family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

if this is true they are the scum of the earth is the rira,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its time for the people of ireland to take these bastaxxs out,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

Terrible news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I was very sad to hear this , it's not good news for anyone. My sympathies are with the officers family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Under car device kills new recruit.

Ba***rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

i am absolutely sick,,,you would not believe it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Sorry to hear this RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

An attack carried out by scum.

A life lost and lives ruined for no good reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dixie33

Was the recruit killed ? :eek:
    i only heard that they were seriously injured.

Thoughts are with the family :(
    R.I.P

Hope this murder doesn't mark the start of a wave of attacks or a new tactic to scare RCs out of the PSNI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

dixie33 wrote: »
    Was the recruit killed ? :eek:
    i only heard that they were seriously injured.

Thoughts are with the family :(
    R.I.P

Reports are somewhat confusing. Being reported that he is critically injured at the moment. Hope the recruit can pull through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

From BBC website "2 April 2011 Last updated at 16:41"
    A police officer is in a critical condition after a bomb exploded under his car in Omagh, County Tyrone.

The device exploded under the vehicle outside his home in Highfield Close, off the Gortin Road, just before 1600 BST on Saturday.

It is not clear if there have been any other casualties.

Since 2007, dissidents republican have planted dozens of booby-trap bombs under the private cars of police officers.

The bombs usually fail to detonate and have killed nobody.

But two policemen have lost their legs in attacks in May 2008 and January 2010.

• Advertisement

The news report said house were shaken by the explosion. So it sounds like a large device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Do we have any confirmation that he was killed? If not the thread title should be edited until we get more updates.

Very sad to hear this.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Do we have any confirmation that he was killed? If not the thread title should be edited until we get more updates.

Very sad to hear this.

Unofficial reports say he was killed.

Just awaiting official conformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

jesus here we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

already a thread running on this here.

He had only passed out 3 weeks ago.

Just goes to show how important it is for all PSNI officers to check their vehicles and look after their security. Please let it be a warning to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Murdering scum, I want to smash my fist through my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

Basically I after genuine and serious consultation with G'Ville staff and various other sevring policemen I had questions I could not answer re serious security concerns. Worst and toughest decision I made was rejecting offer. I did it formally and returned all info I received etc

I just had a terrible feeling this would have happened as around the announcement of the last 2 recruitemnet campaigns, The devolution of Policing and Justice to NI, and now end of 50:50 something bad has happened.

The hateful scumbags are picking significant dates. i cant express my sadness at this story.

Genuine condolences to all friends and family of this young man!

• Advertisement

Gee-22 wrote: »

Just goes to show how important it is for all PSNI officers to check their vehicles and look after their security. Please let it be a warning to everyone.

For all we know he could've been a boardsie...sickening thought :(

RIP and my heart goes out to his friends and family.

It truly sickens and saddens me that there are people out there willing to kill someone just because of their occupation, just for doing what they love and what they have probably dreamt about doing for a long time, in such a cowardly way too. The poor guy only got to live the dream for 3 weeks too.

Apologies for the colourfull language...but these people are pure and utter cowardly, hateful, backward, b**tard c**nts who have no place whatsoever in our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Sickening to hear what the sick f*ckers have done.....RIP

Gee-22 wrote: »

Sky News reporting that he was killed as he walked towards the car, he never got a chance to look under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Unfortunately these terrorists need to ' get lucky ' just once ( as we are always being reminded ).
    As per Sky News the dead officer was an RC - proof of an effort to dissuade RC's from joining .

R.I.P. and condolences to all effected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

RIP.

Poor lad only out of training, pure scum murdering bunch of has beens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Disgracefull.

-tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 minerdees

Just to clear something up. He passed out in 2010. Was in the same course as my bro in law. Had recently finished his tutorship. Can't believe this has happened again. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

minerdees wrote: »
    Just to clear something up. He passed out in 2010. Was in the same course as my bro in law. Had recently finished his tutorship. Can't believe this has happened again. RIP

Yeah he was 10 weeks behind me.

RIP

I'm sitting here crying, through sadness and through anger. My family don't understand why I have taken it bad, I don't know why I have either. It must be since I started trying to join the PSNI I have come to regard all officers to be a bit like friends to me, I suppose it is because the PSNI is one big family and I want to be part of that family. It's hard to explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Rest in peace, Officer.

I hope to God they'll track down who did this.

Advertisement