Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I am and will continue to be the most successful of the British talent" - Sheamus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If he said "I will continue to be the most successful of the irish talent", you'd say "he's the only successful irish talent".
    Because then it would go into: "Well Finlay is NI, so we wont count him"

Endless cycle, he said british in an interview with a british magazine who wanted to appeal to british readers, deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Lads, your all talking complete bollocks.

I've read many Sheamus interviews before and nearly in all of them he mentions how proud he is to be Irish and to be the first Irish born WWE Champion. This interview was for some poxy little British magazine where either his words were changed to suit the demographic of the magazine or he said British because he knew he was dealing with a British magazine and it's standard protocol to say you're British or from the British Isles when talking to someone from Britain.

Any who's denouncing Sheamus for not being a true Irishman needs to grow up. Stephen Farrelly is as Irish as they come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

glenjamin wrote: »
    it's standard protocol to say you're British or from the British Isles when talking to someone from Britain.

lol, no it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

dlofnep wrote: »
    lol, no it isn't.

Meant to could be standard protocol. Just like when some Irish actors refer to themselves as British during interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

The 02/11 issue of the UK Official Nintendo Magazine said
    It's refreshing to see a pasty-white ginger in the ring, especially an Irish one. We love Sheamus because he became famous in America without having to pander to weak Irish stereotypes.

if that's any consolation. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I think it's quite obvious Sheamus said no such thing. Small magazines edit interviews like this to suit their audience. If anything the interview probably never even took place.

Advertisement