Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPB Shell 3D (New Launcher)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

It really needs a demo version for that price. The 15 minute refund time is too short to determine if it's worth the money.

Looks very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had a quick look over on XDA and its a mixed response. It doesn't work on a lot of phones (apparently) and there are some custom ROMs it doesn't work on.

Be wary of Android's 15 minute refund window if you're taking a chance....

Hmmm, I've a galaxy s with Insanity. Can you post a link to xda?

Was better when the market had a 24hour refund time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

You could always download it by .... other means. Like a planet on which one may find apps, to try it for an extended time, then pay for and download the official one. Ok I've said too much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Hmmm, I've a galaxy s with Insanity. Can you post a link to xda?

Was better when the market had a 24hour refund time.

Tried it on my SGS with Insanity 7.0. Didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Looks great...price is a bit over the top alright, and 15 minutes to evaluate this isn't gonna work....with this type of app, you need to get a feel for it over a few hours to see if its gonna stay or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Wont work on my desire HD with CM7. keep getting some error. Im after deleting it and all so cant remember what the error was.

instaled it again to get the error, now the error wont come up but its still not working. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

works on desire cm7 rc3....just had a quick 13 minute look...then refund...no way enough time to give it a good look, i might go back to it after its got a few updates, and becomes a bit more customisable....

G1032 wrote: »
    Tried it on my SGS with Insanity 7.0. Didn't work.
    I got it last night after. Running on SGS with Insanity 0.6.9

I got it last night after. Running on SGS with Insanity 0.6.9

I might flash back to 0.6.9 and try this out. Is it worth it?

• Advertisement

I might flash back to 0.6.9 and try this out. Is it worth it?
    Not sure if it's worth a tenner, although that may be just because I'm used to applications being very cheap on Android. I've no problem paying more for applications on PC and this seems like a high quality application.

I'm happy with the purchase although I did buy, refund and then rebuy after thinking about it. Make sure you have wifi when downloading to give yourself enough time to download and try before the refund time runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

It can be found in this Android 2.3.3 rom MIUI-Celebration HD 1.2 D2W for Nexus One and Desire from moviestar on XDA and MIUI Germany
    I think its a public beta release so I assume its ok posting.

http://miui-ger.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=445&pageNo=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

You could always download it by .... other means. Like a planet on which one may find apps, to try it for an extended time, then pay for and download the official one. Ok I've said too much :-)

Never heard of that app before. Just tried it there. When I installed it, it borked up me phone and the Android market uninstalled itself. Need to completely wipe me phone now and reflash cyanogenmod7 RC4. :mad:

Wont be goin near that again!

I downloaded it from a different place and it has a little security check that matches it to your google account to verify it.

Airplane mode seems to stop that. It's weird

seanybiker wrote: »
    I downloaded it from a different place and it has a little security check that matches it to your google account to verify it.

Airplane mode seems to stop that. It's weird

Yup I seen that too :)

When it happened, it was gone from the choice of home screen to use too.

Yup I seen that too :)

When it happened, it was gone from the choice of home screen to use too.
    Just go into airplane mode and install and start it and you be flying. :) I waited a few minutes before I turned internet back on just to be sure. Seems to be grand now

Just go into airplane mode and install and start it and you be flying. :) I waited a few minutes before I turned internet back on just to be sure. Seems to be grand now

I bought it anyway :) Would have liked to try it for bit longer.

What do you think of it so far?

I like it. Just messing about with it now putting things where I want them. The carousel is deadly

Yeah, Google should have done something as flashy as this as the stock launcher. Differentiate it bit more from Apple.

Yeah, Google should have done something as flashy as this as the stock launcher. Differentiate it bit more from Apple.
    Yeah that would have been cool alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I get a parsing error everytime I try dl it

Is it still working for you? Stopped working for me after a couple of hours.

Is it still working for you? Stopped working for me after a couple of hours.

Stopped on me to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just installed it, works fine and looks great, but it frooze after 5 minutes. Back to launcher pro for me

Issues so far.
    Wind speed and rainfall do not update on the weather panel for Irish locations. Not good enough really for €10 worth of an app.

Someone might be able to help with this:
    I have mixzing music player installed and like the 4x4 widget for it.
    However on the SPB panels the 4x4 widget doesn't fill the screen. It's as of the screen is 5x5
    Anyway to make the panel a 4x4??

Has anyone selected different cities other than Tokyo, New York and London in the Travel Panel?
    Each time I put in new cities it will soon revert back to the default 3 of Tokyo, NY and London.
    Anyone else with the same issue?

Just changed mine now. Ill get back to ya later if they change

Someone might be able to help with this:
    I have mixzing music player installed and like the 4x4 widget for it.
    However on the SPB panels the 4x4 widget doesn't fill the screen. It's as of the screen is 5x5
    Anyway to make the panel a 4x4??
    Are you on Insanity rom?
    Insanity has a different dpi so more room on the screen. You can change it back in nitrality
    Has anyone selected different cities other than Tokyo, New York and London in the Travel Panel?
    Each time I put in new cities it will soon revert back to the default 3 of Tokyo, NY and London.
    Anyone else with the same issue?

Mine have stayed the same since I set it few days ago.

You could firewall it to keep it working. That could stop other updates (weather etc) for the launcher to stop though.

Are you on Insanity rom?
    Insanity has a different dpi so more room on the screen. You can change it back in nitrality

Mine have stayed the same since I set it few days ago.

You could firewall it to keep it working. That could stop other updates (weather etc) for the launcher to stop though.

Changed back the dpi. What a disaster. Phone crashed. Wouldn't reboot properly. Took battery out to kill everything. Still wouldn't reboot. Had to go back into recovery and to a factory reset.
    Through the whole rigmaroll of reinstalling apps/changing setting etc.
    Back on track again. And the Cities in the travel panel are staying the same since. Happy days.
    Still no wind speed update etc. on the Weather Panel. Just getting N/A for these.

• Advertisement

Changed back the dpi. What a disaster. Phone crashed. Wouldn't reboot properly. Took battery out to kill everything. Still wouldn't reboot. Had to go back into recovery and to a factory reset.
    Through the whole rigmaroll of reinstalling apps/changing setting etc.
    Back on track again. And the Cities in the travel panel are staying the same since. Happy days.
    Still no wind speed update etc. on the Weather Panel. Just getting N/A for these.
    What city have you set it to?
    Mine is dublin and has all weather appearing.

Advertisement