Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratching/Tickling Arm In Sleep

Options
  • 27-03-2011 9:30pm

Hi all,

I'm a pretty active sleeper. I grind my teeth a lot, talk, laugh, cry, jump about. You name it, I do it! However I've started a new thing. A couple of months ago my bf pointed out to me that I've started putting my arm straight up in the air and scratching it with my other hand. I've begun to wake up for a few seconds while I do this, and have noticed I get a real comfort feeling from doing this. It's like it makes me feel safe or something. It's a hard feeling to explain but I get anxious if I stop the scratching, as if I won't feel comfortable if I'm not scratching my arm. It's not hard scratching, more like a tickle, and it seems to happen at the same time as me grinding.

Does anyone else do this? I've been grinding and talking in my sleep for as long as I can remember but this scratching is new and wondering what it's all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I do this too

I'd be interested in hearing any theories. It gives me that happy feeling so thinking it may be a comfort thing.

Advertisement