Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone complainded in order to get free stuff

Options
  • 26-03-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

heres a fun thread for a nice saturday evening has anyone ever complained to a company in order to get free stuff? i only once have done it when o was about 11 and i wrote to a lucky bag company because i felt the contents were shi*e and i recieved 2 lucky bags and a crate load of sweets so people tell us if ye have complaint and what did ye recieve back if anything? :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

tnynll wrote: »
    heres a fun thread for a nice saturday evening has anyone ever complained to a company in order to get free stuff? i only once have done it when o was about 11 and i wrote to a lucky bag company because i felt the contents were shi*e and i recieved 2 lucky bags and a crate load of sweets so people tell us if ye have complaint and what did ye recieve back if anything? :D

Went to eddy rockets - it was terrible - complaint and the next week they gave me and my mate a free meal. we had so much malt ice cream that we were getting sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I had a genuine complaint about some bad chocolate I got from Cadbury's once.
    Wrote off politely and explained about a possible bad batch they might have made.
    I got back a huge box of various stuff from them in fairness.
    That was years ago however and I suspect we won't be seeing them doing that today sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Biggins wrote: »
    That was years ago however and I suspect we won't be seeing them doing that today sadly.

They still do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Haagendaz ice cream i got a tub of pralines and cream and it basically tasted like cardboard mush no flavour whatsoever so i emailed them and got a cheque for £5 back with a letter apologising and some tips on how to avoid buying icecream that was stored in less than ideal condtions

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

I'm going to complain later tonight. I picked up 6 Denny rashers and there was only 5 in the pack.

Being the gentleman I am, I had a solitary rasher while my hungover companions got two, and I'm never going to let them forget it. I'm coming to terms with it now but that was one ruined breakfast in my book.

I'm hoping to be swimming in bacon by means of apology.

I'm going to write a polite but firm email later, but I will also use it as an opportunity to let them know that I have no complaints with their sausages. Them sausages were FANTASTIC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Birdseye fish fingers, found a big piece of plastic in one of them. I sent it off to them saying they could have killed me, they sent back a letter telling me it was a bone (yeah right) and they also sent me a cheque for £70, and a voucher book for loads of birds eye products.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fajitas! wrote: »
    They still do!
    They do, in similar large quantities?
    If so, cool! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Walkers crisps used to have some Premiership Football Stickers or something in their multipacks.

When I was about 11, I emailed them (I've never had a life) complaining there weren't any - I think there were. They sent me shitloads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They do, in similar large quantities?
    If so, cool! :cool:

Mate of mine got a box of Curley Wurley's off of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

When I was in first/second year in boarding school we used to always send off letters of complaint to the various junk food manufacturers. There was a constant supply of free stuff for a group of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Broadband provider - Had so much **** with slow speed that once it was fixed, they gave me a faster download speed at no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

tnynll wrote: »

Have you complained about the fault in your keyboard yet? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Founbd plastic in a tub of Ben and Jerry's and they sent me a €10 voucher to be spent on anything by Knorr, Hellmans, Ballymaloe and Erin or something. REALLY wanted free ice cream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I found a fly in my Dairy Milk. I posted it back and they sent me out a bigger dairy milk and a huge milk tray :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i once complained to TK lemonade about a bottle of stale lemonade i received from a hotel...

months went on, nothing.

then several months down the line, a man from TK arrives at the door with a big fat apology and 3 slabs (36 bottles) of 2 liter bottles of TK (red :() lemonade :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

The bad thing is you dont know if someone is generally complaining about something or just doing so to get some free stuff.

the amount of hungry gits out there is a joke :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

No, and I would never even think of ripping off companies with that kind of behaviour. They are trying to make ends meet and it's people like ye who have the country in the state it's in

Pfft :pac:

No, and I would never even think of ripping off companies with that kind of behaviour. They are trying to make ends meet and it's people like ye who have the country in the state it's in

we should take their poor quality control lying down and with good nature.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

My mum wrote to Lucozade years ago telling them that their must have been a bad batch produced because the taste was terrible in comparison to what she had bought previously. They sent her back a toothbrush and tooth paste and said she must have very sensitive taste buds. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

wow someone clearly works for cadburys haha ah well biggrin.gif cheer up dude

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

bought a box of ownbrand foil sachet cat food in a supermarket last year. i buy about 2 boxes a week and half the time its the own brand stuff. in one box there was a sealed sachet. nothing in it. not even air. ive never had that happen. so i went to the supermarket, showed em the receipt and the closed empty sachet. they said post it to HQ - i did. so i got a cheque for a tenner. thats 2 boxes of catfood right there (with 2 euro to spare) it was really odd though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

make sure to get your kid to write the complaint letter, you're alot more likely to get something free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

One of my friends complained about the service that we recieved when we were trying to order pizza... She got us 3 large pizza's, garlic bread and wedges. Enough for dinner and breakfast!

im a bit of a wuss. i never complain about ****ty service when i should although i tip badly if its crappy. but when i dont get what i pay for (service aside) ill have a word or two to say. several years ago i took my debs dress to a dry cleaner. went to collect it. as he handed it over the counter i noticed a mark on the skirting, not a big big one but noticeable, looked like a burn maybe. i pointed it out. he wore absolutely blind it was there when i handed it in (effing wasnt) and this dress costs 250 (oh the mortification at the expense) so i keep reiterating that it wasnt there. he wouldnt admit to the dry cleaners being at fault at all. but he did offer that i pay 20 instead of 50. not that the dress was much use to me now with the mark - it was right at the front. but i knew there wasnt much i could do to prove anything so i accepted it. pity.

Aishae wrote: »
    im a bit of a wuss. i never complain about ****ty service when i should although i tip badly if its crappy. but when i dont get what i pay for (service aside) ill have a word or two to say. several years ago i took my debs dress to a dry cleaner. went to collect it. as he handed it over the counter i noticed a mark on the skirting, not a big big one but noticeable, looked like a burn maybe. i pointed it out. he wore absolutely blind it was there when i handed it in (effing wasnt) and this dress costs 250 (oh the mortification at the expense) so i keep reiterating that it wasnt there. he wouldnt admit to the dry cleaners being at fault at all. but he did offer that i pay 20 instead of 50. not that the dress was much use to me now with the mark - it was right at the front. but i knew there wasnt much i could do to prove anything so i accepted it. pity.

did you throw up on it? :P

andyseadog wrote: »
    did you throw up on it? :P

no and i dont smoke so that theory is out the window :cool: maybe the dry cleaner was having a sneaky ciggie in work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Complained to Cadburys once after finding what seemed to be a pebble in my Dairy Milk. They sent me a bigger Dairy Milk, a big box of Milk Tray and some smaller Dairy Milks and Golden Crisps. It was all fairly close to going out of date but that was grand, it didn't last long anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Complained to Riverrock water once, got a bottle from a bad batch, tasted awful and smelt like paint, they sent us two crates of water and 4 crates of fizzy drinks:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

if i found a fly in something, no amount of free stuff will make me eat it again ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I had a genuine complaint about some bad chocolate I got from Cadbury's once.
    Wrote off politely and explained about a possible bad batch they might have made.
    I got back a huge box of various stuff from them in fairness.
    same here. box of pink snacks. bought them for years afterwards as a thank you.
    nowadays, your more likely to get a solicitors letter back.

Advertisement