Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 28/03 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What a powerhouse of a Raw.
    Every feud was pushed, everything had purpose.
    If not, a little late..

Enjoyed that thoroughly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Good recovery by Rock after he botched the flip up, but God dammit I wanted to see Cena get a rock bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Perfect ending to make you want to see what happens next. I get the feeling this may go on past WM too, possible Cena turn?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

This and the inevitable Cena win on sunday has me rightly pissed off now. Of course Miz gets dropped by the Great One and SuperCena(TM) gets one over on him. When was the last time The Rock came on to Raw only to get owned?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Very good Raw!

Actually thought HHH/HBK/Taker promo was slightly better then Cena/Rock/Miz,probably cos I had no expectation of Taker/HHH promo being any good and I had built up Rock/Cena so much in my mind!

Thought Cena more then held his own verbally with Rocky,as did Miz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I was legit surprised they gave away the People's elbow or any kind of showdown between Rock & Cena.

typical cena pox is why i stopped watching WWE
    i only tuned back in to see the rock
    to end with him gettin owned nah not good enough

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

spiralism wrote: »
    WWE you can fúck right off with that ending. seriously. did the massive boos not give it away?
    What way did you want it to end?
    Pentecost wrote: »
    Perfect ending to make you want to see what happens next. I get the feeling this may go on past WM too, possible Cena turn?!
    This.
    It's destined to go a lot further than mania it seems.
    This and the inevitable Cena win on sunday has me rightly pissed off now. Of course Miz gets dropped by the Great One and SuperCena(TM) gets one over on him. When was the last time The Rock came on to Raw only to get owned?
    I wouldn't say a cena win is inevitable to be fair...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

yeah i thought that it was a good raw but i guess if the one before wm isnt then i guess when will ??
    Would have prefered to see the rock lay out cena rather than cena walking tall. HHH undertaker video and segment was prob the best part for because cena pisses me off :mad:.

If they're giving that away on Raw there's got to be more than that to come at WM? Rock could cost Cena his match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Was Rock sick or something he poured water over his head & that was strange.It was a fairly ok Raw(feck all matches something that has crept into wwe the last few years).Still not sure about the Mania card,I wasn't when this show started & as much as I enjoyed the HHH/Taker segment I question whether both can back in up physically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ages ago. That's Cena's point.

CMpunked wrote: »
    What way did you want it to end?

The Rock not getting owned by SuperCena... it's just so typical where he's involved. Id say he will win because I'd imagine ADR will win the other main event. Can't see two heel wins in the two main event title bouts tbh

People seem to be forgetting that the Rock put over Goldberg & Lesnar over clean the last times he was around. The way he lost to Lesnar was the way it should be done,even though Lesnar was a Heel he won that match clean something that doesn't happen enough in wrestling. Miz could of done with Laying out the Rock more but Frog face superman has to look great as much as Humanly possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Im looking forward to Wrestlemania more after tonight i have to say.

Hhh Taker is gonna be the main wrestling match no doubt what ever way you look at it in the current state of the wwe it has the most at stake.

Cm punk vs Orton will be solid and what ever you say about Orton he will normally more then often put in a good performence. Add in the fact Punk has the full package really and should be a great mini main eventer.

**** the divas mismatch ive no interest. That bloated rat and trish will win end of.

Im hoping Sheamus and bryan get a fair bit of time and put on a great match as it could and should be a very good match up if given the proper attention.

The tag matchs ehhh i dunno its hard to know what the wwe wants with these are they just gonna be fillers??

Then you have your two title matchs and cole vs lawlor.

Lawlor will surely get the win over Cole. Cole has had way to much in favour of him last few weeks for it to finish any other way add in fact Jerry will get his Mania moment in the sun here and should have an interesting enough match mainly due to the fact they have Austin in the middle to add to the mix.

I feel del rio will more then likely win who ever he faces at mania weather its edge on his own or christian also. This should be a good match up as well we all know what edge and christian can do in the ring add in up and comer del rio and id say this one will be a good long match.

Finally Cena Miz i cant stand the miz and to be honest cena pisses me off most nights as well so i dunno my gut says cena but something tells me miz will come out on top maybe even thanks to a rock interference.

All i know is one way or another rock will get his own back on cena at some stage at mania and hopefully its going to be a rock bottom to finish off the show :D

sliotor wrote: »
    Would have prefered to see the rock lay out cena rather than cena walking tall.

Then buy Wrestlemania.

drayme wrote: »
    Then buy Wrestlemania.

That's exactly right. Set up for Rock's revenge, they gave away a **** load tonight really.

Great Raw when all is said and done. Finally put a convincing enough argument together for getting 'Mania, took them long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I have to say I dont think Rock looked well tonight, some close ups of the face and jaysus he wasn't looking too good, looked very gaunt and drained, I wonder was he ill??

The way he let Cena run his mouth aswell was not in keeping with The Rocks character, the fact all he had to say was he would kick Cena's ass. Thats not like Rocky, very poorly written segment, id have saved the peoples elbow for mania aswell.

Although I do agree with the ending, personally im hoping Rock gets his revenge.

Bugs the sh*t outta me how Cena got away with kissing Rocks ass, id have loved if Rock interrupted and said "You finished kissing ass Cena",

Also no matter what Cena says about not caring if fans cheer for him or not, its got to bug him. He has said many times that hes happy he provokes a reaction but he really is hated by so many fans, and he cannot take any positives from that if hes honest with himself as he is trying to be liked. Theres no subtle heel mannerisms, he is just a disliked wrestler plain and simple. One positive he can take is that Vince is really high on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Then buy Wrestlemania.

Thanks Vince I'm sure he will now that you have cleared that up for him:pac:

Thing i think about The Rock is that he no matter what he says is no longer an active member of the roster so him coming back is more then likely going to be to push further the wwes best talent.

I still think at mania he will get pay back on Cena for tonight but id be very surprised if some way down the road maybe even in a match between the two if rock does not go down for cena. He did it for brock and im nearly 100 percent sure he will do it for the wwes main man sooner then later.

• Advertisement

That's exactly right. Set up for Rock's revenge, they gave away a **** load tonight really.

I am not going to disagree I would had some sort miscommunication with Miz hitting Rock in the back with a chair and Rock thinking it was Cena leading to an intense stardown/pull apart or something.

Then buy Wrestlemania.

Or watch it illegaly so Sky can't take anymore money to pay díckfaces like jamie redknapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Thing i think about The Rock is that he no matter what he says is no longer an active member of the roster so him coming back is more then likely going to be to push further the wwes best talent.

I still think at mania he will get pay back on Cena for tonight but id be very surprised if some way down the road maybe even in a match between the two if rock does not go down for cena. He did it for brock and im nearly 100 percent sure he will do it for the wwes main man sooner then later.

oh id be in no doubt that Rock's return is an exercise to make Cena more popular. WWE will dearly try anything to get the crowd to stop booing him. He has to be worried about the boo's in fairness, his face work has resulted in him being booed out of the building, as i said before Cena cannot take any positives from that despite his claims he is happy to provoke a reaction. If he was a heel and was booed that loudly thats an achievement. And if he was a heel getting cheered thats an achievement in itself. But a long term face being booed doesnt mean you are provoking a reaction, it means people are sick of seeing you.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    I have to say I dont think Rock looked well tonight, some close ups of the face and jaysus he wasn't looking too good, looked very gaunt and drained, I wonder was he ill??

The way he let Cena run his mouth aswell was not in keeping with The Rocks character, the fact all he had to say was he would kick Cena's ass. Thats not like Rocky, very poorly written segment, id have saved the peoples elbow for mania aswell.

Although I do agree with the ending, personally im hoping Rock gets his revenge.

Bugs the sh*t outta me how Cena got away with kissing Rocks ass, id have loved if Rock interrupted and said "You finished kissing ass Cena",

Also no matter what Cena says about not caring if fans cheer for him or not, its got to bug him. He has said many times that hes happy he provokes a reaction but he really is hated by so many fans, and he cannot take any positives from that if hes honest with himself as he is trying to be liked. Theres no subtle heel mannerisms, he is just a disliked wrestler plain and simple. One positive he can take is that Vince is really high on him.

Notices this myself it seemed very odd that cena pretty much called the rock on everything he has layed into him with over the last few weeks and when rock finally stood face to face with cena he really had no answer.

That would never of happened in the past and to be honest it didnt do either of them any favours it happening now.

I guess maybe there saving the best for mania and this is where we will see rock on top of his game and hopefully a proper major show down with cena the way it should be done.

oh id be in no doubt that Rock's return is an exercise to make Cena more popular. WWE will dearly try anything to get the crowd to stop booing him. He has to be worried about the boo's in fairness, his face work has resulted in him being booed out of the building, as i said before Cena cannot take any positives from that despite his claims he is happy to provoke a reaction. If he was a heel and was booed that loudly thats an achievement. And if he was a heel getting cheered thats an achievement in itself. But a long term face being booed doesnt mean you are provoking a reaction, it means people are sick of seeing you.

Thats why i feel some time sooner then later after mania there going to have to freshen up Cenas gimmick cause as soon as you drown out the kids with older real wrestling fans like what happened tonight cena will get the kind of reaction he got tonight.

Vince is making money with cena as his main star no doubt but surely if cena means what he says and is working his ass off every night and trying be the best he can he must see he needs something fresh being booed that heavy by a real crowd on the raw before your title fight at mania is not a good thing if your a face.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Entertaining RAW tonight but not the home-run I was hoping for. No need to show the Corre and just the Snooki bar vignette would've sufficed. Orton has anger management issues? like that intermittent explosive disorder gimmick that was dropped 2 years ago? My God...Kane! What have they done to you man?

I quite enjoyed HBK's segment. This "Shawn doesn't believe Triple H can end the streak" is a great storyline plot point, but I feel it could've been used more effectively over a few weeks if they announced a HBK special guest ref stip and later HHH revoked it. The crowd were far more interested in the third wheel and not the guys who are actually wrestling. Sounds familiar!

Poor Miz. He's such an afterthought that he might actually retain his title, hopefully. Has Cena even mentioned that he's wrestling for it? It's kinda sad that this WrestleMania is building towards a potential match at next year's 'Mania. That said, Cena was booked brilliantly tonight. He left Rock practically speechless with his promo, and got the last laugh, to the point that I want to see Cena get his receipt from Rocky at Mania. So job well done. Would I buy mania? Well I am curious to see what happens. You could say I'm buy-curious. Hang on...

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Entertaining RAW tonight but not the home-run I was hoping for. No need to show the Corre and just the Snooki bar vignette would've sufficed. Orton has anger management issues? like that intermittent explosive disorder gimmick that was dropped 2 years ago? My God...Kane! What have they done to you man?

I quite enjoyed HBK's segment. This "Shawn doesn't believe Triple H can end the streak" is a great storyline plot point, but I feel it could've been used more effectively over a few weeks if they announced a HBK special guest ref stip and later HHH revoked it. The crowd were far more interested in the third wheel and not the guys who are actually wrestling. Sounds familiar!

Poor Miz. He's such an afterthought that he might actually retain his title, hopefully. Has Cena even mentioned that he's wrestling for it? It's kinda sad that this WrestleMania is building towards a potential match at next year's 'Mania. That said, Cena was booked brilliantly tonight. He left Rock practically speechless with his promo, and got the last laugh, to the point that I want to see Cena get his receipt from Rocky at Mania. So job well done. Would I buy mania? Well I am curious to see what happens. You could say I'm buy-curious. Hang on...

Thats a good review there.WWE dropped the ball not getting Hbk in earlier(I suspect that was more shawn's choice though).I just can't see what everyone else did in the Cena promo he said the Rock can't judge him... you have to criticise or ridicule a rival in wrestling cause thats part of what selling a match is all about.The Rock did to Cena what he did to everyone else years ago yet Cena takes it like i'm watching a afternoon anti-bullying special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

yip it doesnt matter what The Rock does, at the end of the day he is there to push john cena, just like HHH and HBK did at wrestlemania and Austin did with the beer at his hall of fame induction. in my opinion no matter how proud cena is to be loved by the kiddies, i think vince wants him over with the older audience, because why else would cena get ''endorsed'' by the above mentioned, the kids dont care who he wins against, they'll still cheer for him and buy his merchandise. but if he gets the push from HHH, HBK Austin and now Rock and probably even Undertaker next year, then maybe the older audience will eventually take to him, but i dont believe this will happen because his character, his promo's, and his ring work at times are so bad, that until they are sorted out, the boo's will continue to ring loud and clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

GTR63 wrote: »
    Thats a good review there.WWE dropped the ball not getting Hbk in earlier(I suspect that was more shawn's choice though).

They have been building to last nights Raw for weeks with the promos. He has had air time every week on Raw for the past few weeks. Being a mark, I was even chanting HBK in my head (and probably out loud :pac:) when Taker and Trips were in the ring. I expected it to happen as it had been set up over the last few weeks. I thought they had been building it nicely over the last weeks and the promo was the high point of that. It was a nice, slow build and has now set up the match perfectly. Some people seem to want them to have promoted it like every other match Taker and HHH have had before. But I like the MMA-style big match build up and the way respect is being used.
    If they're giving that away on Raw there's got to be more than that to come at WM? Rock could cost Cena his match
    Good recovery by Rock after he botched the flip up, but God dammit I wanted to see Cena get a rock bottom!

Hmm...it's almost like they wanted people to scream out loud "I wanna see what happens next!" and buy Wrestlemania!

As for it "not being like The Rock". Well thats the point. They booked it so Cena would look strong and have the upper hand going into Mania. They booked the actual full time performer to look stronger. That is sensible. And it keeps fans who are begging for a Rock Bottom on Cena tuned in. My only thought is what happens if this still leads to what I've been thinking all along and that Rock doesn't actually Rock Bottom Cena. What if they use this to say that The Rock now respects Cena etc. Fans are not going to cheer Cena and there could be a backlash.

Anyway, strong Raw. Taker/HHH was my favourite. Punk/Orton continued their feud well as did Del Rio/Edge. I think they have actually had a good, slow build to most matches so that bubble up at Mania instead of blowing their load 4 weeks early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Decent Raw, not quite as spectacular as I was hoping but set things up reasonably well for Sunday. HHH, HBK, Undertaker segment was alright, loved Taker's tip of his hat as left the ring. My only worry is that HHH is such an underdog now that he might actually win it, and I don't want the streak broken!
    Tag match was decent, but just annoys me even more that Ziggler and Morrison are stuck in that stupid Wrestlemania match.
    As far as The Rock, Cena, Miz goes... Well if there was going to be any physical stuff there, surely it had to end with The Rock being on the losing end for people to have any interest in him at Mania?? If he'd already hit Cena with a rock bottom or people's elbow where would the draw be? Got quite a shock when I saw The Rock up on Cena's shoulders and then actually got hit by the AA. Surely a heel turn and match between them is on the cards after that. I don't think the Miz is doing too bad, not for a long time will he have the pulling the power of a Rock or Cena, so any rub he gets off them must surely be a good thing. The only thing that's losing some gloss is the WWE Championship itself.

Advertisement