Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubli Bus- Cancelling services

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Has anybody else heard about the dramatic changes Dublin Bus plan on making? I am a student in DCU living in town, and I read that the 19a, 13a, 11, 11a, and 4 are going to be cancelled completely. These besically all of the main busses that go through the Drumcondra/Phibsborough area. The busses that are left are the 13 and the 3, and these will now be overcrowded due to the other busses being cancelled. Can anyone confirm if they are actually going through with this or is it just in talks? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Network Direct

There is a huge thread on it in here. The 4 is not being cancelled

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055890836
    Read that

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

You need to look thru this thread, it covers all the changes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055890836

Ha ha cookie beat me to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 baughd2

Cheers, ill try find that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

baughd2 wrote: »
    Has anybody else heard about the dramatic changes Dublin Bus plan on making? I am a student in DCU living in town, and I read that the 19a, 13a, 11, 11a, and 4 are going to be cancelled completely. These besically all of the main busses that go through the Drumcondra/Phibsborough area. The busses that are left are the 13 and the 3, and these will now be overcrowded due to the other busses being cancelled. Can anyone confirm if they are actually going through with this or is it just in talks? Thanks

This is all part of the Network Direct project.

Full details are here.

Basically the 4, 13 and 19a will all still be there, with the 13 and 19a frequencies increasing.

The 11 will no longer serve the northside.

There is a fuller discussion in the Network Direct thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

baughd2 wrote: »

When you have absorbed the details of the proposed changes, write to or otherwise contact Dublin Bus with your observations. Don't put it off and hope for the best; it won't happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement