Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Red event

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

The cynic in me says it's a wind-up. So many details don't add up. Cork Airport had snow tyres for an Antonov 225 in stock, and could change them in a matter of hours? It was possible to to build a runway out of snow in a mountainous region 3.5 kilometres long? In 3 hours?

The researcher guy was able to find and talk to a crew member of the secret flight? He was allowed access to Russian military records, even though the Russians presumably wanted to keep this quiet same as everyone else?

And the Irish army and the Garda Síochána aren't exactly watertight - surely an ex-member of those forces could have come forward with any info by now?

And was there any record in any newspaper about all these cars mysteriously moving and powerlines being cut right across Cork and Kerry? (well, we know the answer is 'no' because it would be in the film if such a record existed).

Great story, really well done - but I reckon it's not real. It would be cool to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

T'was discussed recently on the Aviation forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Tis a great story, all so GUBU. The fact that the Antonov 225 didn't make it's first flight until 1988 is a big error.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

And the Merc in the "Actual Film" a few minutes in, is a early-nineties model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

and the ambulance is a fairly recent model as well

the trucks shown in the "actual footage" are carrying parts of a wind turbine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Supermug

It is a great story such a pity they did not research the finer details, there are so many holes in it it's a pity Snow tyres for that plane lol I ask you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

no mystery here it was the greys the infest the whole west of ireland.I seen loads of blue flashing lights in 2009 scared the life out of me didnt sleep for 4 days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 engageyourmind

The cynic in me says it's a wind-up. So many details don't add up. Cork Airport had snow tyres for an Antonov 225 in stock, and could change them in a matter of hours? It was possible to to build a runway out of snow in a mountainous region 3.5 kilometres long? In 3 hours?

The researcher guy was able to find and talk to a crew member of the secret flight? He was allowed access to Russian military records, even though the Russians presumably wanted to keep this quiet same as everyone else?

And the Irish army and the Garda Síochána aren't exactly watertight - surely an ex-member of those forces could have come forward with any info by now?

And was there any record in any newspaper about all these cars mysteriously moving and powerlines being cut right across Cork and Kerry? (well, we know the answer is 'no' because it would be in the film if such a record existed).

Great story, really well done - but I reckon it's not real. It would be cool to be wrong though.

What doesn't add up? He didn't say anything. He's just posing the same questions as you really.

One thing we have learned in recent (as well as past) Irish society, is when you're '...toweld te say nohin, ye say nohin...' There are secrets a plenty in this land and small and all as we are we still don't know the half of it.

its worth exploring at least. as well as explaining how the f..k did someone just so happen to be down a country road with a video camera in 1982??!!

loldog wrote: »
    Tis a great story, all so GUBU. The fact that the Antonov 225 didn't make it's first flight until 1988 is a big error.

or even greater conspiracy...

And the Merc in the "Actual Film" a few minutes in, is a early-nineties model.

that was one thing I did notice...bit of a blunder poor one - also how did someone just so happen to have recording equipment in 1982??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭ofcork

Why not i have railway films which were made in the 60s also the merc came out in 1984,what i think is the actual footage comes right after the part where you see the trucks first i asssume they padded the film with other footage.

ofcork wrote: »
    i asssume they padded the film with other footage.
    ...and made up the whole story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭ofcork

I just cant believe that the whole thing is made up after hearing the radio interview etc.

ofcork wrote: »
    I just cant believe that the whole thing is made up after hearing the radio interview etc.
    Which 'interview'? Actors, perhaps? Also, the footage that you refer to as 'padding' has 'ACTUAL FILM' on the screen when it's playing.

The whole thing has been thoroughly debunked. It's either an art project or a mini-film - you could probably track down the maker and ask him which.

Advertisement