Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring/Summer Migrant Watch

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 romulus augustulus

Have heard a Blackcap singing in the wood/furze behind the house over the last few days . According to Birdwatch website , they're scarce summer visitors which surprised me a bit . Either way , lovely to hear , especially when combined with the Willow Warbler and Chiff-chaff . Just waiting on the swallows to nest in the sheds now .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭1squidge

Seen my first Housemartins today on louth coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

could be wrong but i have 3 male Blackcaps around here within a few hundred yards of each other. could be females also, have seen 1 definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Seen/heard a surprising amount of warblers in last few days myself...Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Blackcap and Grasshopper all in N Kildare. Heard one Cuckoo too. House Martin, Swallow and Sand Martin. No swifts yet.

Just a reminder for everyone to log your first swallow/cuckoo/swift sightings on springalive.net

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Seen/heard a surprising amount of warblers in last few days myself...Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Blackcap and Grasshopper all in N Kildare. Heard one Cuckoo too. House Martin, Swallow and Sand Martin. No swifts yet.

Just a reminder for everyone to log your first swallow/cuckoo/swift sightings on springalive.net

Same here - same area. Remarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭sables2

Super clear images WUL: To capture these 'bullets' in flight is a task in it's self..;)

have been inundated with blackcaps.

everywhere i go i hear them, dont always see them as they are very secretive.
    fairly confident i have at least one pair nesting around me too.

Spotted flycatchers out side my place this morning.

two definitely and maybe 3.
    couldnt be certain with the amount of noise they were making.

continued on down the road a few hundred yards and there were another 2 i think around a stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

Corncrake back calling in west Mayo. Hopefully the weather will improve and we can get a few more calling......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

We've had swallows nesting under our eaves every summer since we've lived here (over 30 years). Yesterday, for the first time ever, their nest was occupied by what I think are house martins (black upperside, white underneath from the throat down). I haven't seen a swallow yet. Is it common for this to happen? We're taking it as a bit of an omen - we're planning on moving house this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Discovered 2 singing males yesterday at a place I have never seen them before among a large area of gorse on hilly land 6 miles north of here on the Kildare/Wicklow border:D

Advertisement