Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

PSN. I might give it a try, hopefully it'll do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

OI! You MK heads! You guys wanted a tournament? Show up at the Exchange on the 30th of July for Day of Champions and have another one :D
    Time looks to be between 1pm and 7pm, but I've yet to sort out tournament times themselves. Also, if one of you guys who actually knows what the tournament standard rule-set for MK9 is would be willing to run it, I'd be much obliged (as would the rest of the MK9 people.You don't want someone who's clueless about your game setting standards for you...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Voa wrote: »
    OI! You MK heads! You guys wanted a tournament? Show up at the Exchange on the 30th of July for Day of Champions and have another one :D
    Time looks to be between 1pm and 7pm, but I've yet to sort out tournament times themselves. Also, if one of you guys who actually knows what the tournament standard rule-set for MK9 is would be willing to run it, I'd be much obliged (as would the rest of the MK9 people.You don't want someone who's clueless about your game setting standards for you...).
    for non dublin people how the **** do I get to the exchange??

May start back practicing my smoke for this

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I would have been willing to run this but I fly to turkey at 9pm that night :-(

I'll still be there but will have to leave early to get that airport bus unfortunately. I'm still willing to help out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

for non dublin people how the **** do I get to the exchange??

www.streetfighter.ie

scroll down its all there.

• Advertisement

There will be a patch going up next week for PS3 players to resolve the desync issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Voa wrote: »

Sounds interesting. I think I'm passing through Dublin that day on my way home for a mate's birthday. Might be into having a few scraps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Rob2D wrote: »
    There will be a patch going up next week for PS3 players to resolve the desync issue.

Where did you see that mate? I have not been able to find any info.

eco2live wrote: »
    Where did you see that mate? I have not been able to find any info.

A few places. Boon himself said it on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Just got Kenshi and MK2 Smoke and Noob costumes. I like the costumes and Kenshi is pretty good.

• Advertisement

OK Kenshi is FUDGING AWESOME!

That is all.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Nice one Nightwolf..! Didn't know he was quite the expert with blade-lined fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it kind of makes sense since it repels projectiles.

Anyone who has a reflect can do it apparently. Friend of mine plays Kitana, can't wait to try this!

Makes me wonder if this is only possible against Kitana. Can't think off the top of my head if anyone else opens their Xray move with a projectile. Hmmm, doesn't Sektor's start with a rocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Surprised that's only been found now, I thought it would either not work or reflect it as a normal projectile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ye looks pretty awesome, i really hope that dislove in water uppercut can be done as a raw teleport witout an attack like radiens. looking like shinnok goin to be the fourth,id prefer havok

Ou tof the three DLC guys I've seen (I haven't played as any of them), I think Rain looks like the most impressive. Some serious combo potential there... And he's got his super-roundhouse from waaaaaaaaaaaay back in UMK3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Any word on what skins come with Rain?

Oh great, another teleport character. And an Ermac like x-ray from full screen? The spammers are going to love this guy.

That lightning better be blockable that's all I'm saying.

nope not yet, but well know soon, i heard it bein said around radien,sonya and kano are 3 of the 4, could be wrong

Oh great, another teleport character. And an Ermac like x-ray from full screen? The spammers are going to love this guy.

That lightning better be blockable that's all I'm saying.

a few chars have full screen xrays. kitana,kenshi,one my mains reptile just short of full so dont think thats nthing to worry about,
    i dont see the lighting being blockble,propley a port of nightwolfs like they ported his reflect to kenshi. maybe they might just make the ex unblockable to be "different"
    teleport chars easy to punish most the time 2, ohh how i love ripping a over agresive scorpion or smoke up with baraka punish combos :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

There's a joke online from NRS that there will be a video for "Blueberry & Lime" so I'm guessing MK2 Sub Zero and Reptile.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    There's a joke online from NRS that there will be a video for "Blueberry & Lime" so I'm guessing MK2 Sub Zero and Reptile.

id rather they give a 3rd kostume to someone else 1st than giving someone a 4th, jade green and kitana blue also, both also have 3rd kostumes already 2, i wouldnt say no to another reptile alt though :p

a few chars have full screen xrays. kitana,kenshi,one my mains reptile just short of full so dont think thats nothing to worry about

I said "Ermac like". The ones you mention aren't instantaneous.

I'm not worried about being able to beat the spammers, such moves just don't make it any less annoying.

Hopefully he will be legitimately good and hard to use. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I said "Ermac like". The ones you mention aren't instantaneous.

I'm not worried about being able to beat the spammers, such moves just don't make it any less annoying.

Hopefully he will be legitimately good and hard to use. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

nothing in the game is instantanoues, everything has startup frames.

ye i wonder how his combos will be maped an strictness of them,like with kenshi you gotta do lotta input in strict timings to get even 30% not the corner,
    mileenas 35% combos and up i find alot work2

Yeah but its so quick you don't have time to block.

I find Kenshi's 30% pretty easy to do. If you're close you don't even need to dash in between. The 35% is a bit trickier and rarely works online.

• Advertisement

While on the subject of DLC, am I the only one who'd like to see a new rake of Challenge tower floors released as a DLC pack? I had a ball playing through the ones on the disc, and I'd be more than happy to play through another load of them.

Advertisement