Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacobs 1916 and the 2nd batallion on the northside

Options
  • 16-03-2011 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi , has anybody got any stories ,info,family members who took part in the 1916 rising,and were part of the jacobs garrison or the outpost which was barmaks.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has any stories RE the Northside 2nd bat ,during this period of time 1914 -1924.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

barrylyons wrote: »
    Hi , has anybody got any stories ,info,family members who took part in the 1916 rising,and were part of the jacobs garrison or the outpost which was barmaks.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has any stories RE the Northside 2nd bat ,during this period of time 1914 -1924.

This is well worth checking out if you have not already done so :

http://www.nationalarchives.ie/topics/1916/WS423/1.html

http://www.nationalarchives.ie/topics/1916/gallery.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 barrylyons

Thanks for the information.
    I have had a chance tto look throught a few of the files on line, and my Grandfather Ned lyons (Edward) gets a mention in one or two,

i am trying to put together an overall picture with as much detail and as many insights as i can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

The Cappuchin annual 1966 might also be worth checking out if you can get hold of one,

151808.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 barrylyons

Hi Morlar ,Thanks again ,Thats great, I have not seen it , but I will ask around and see if i can get a copy of it .

Advertisement